D4 D4 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a draw at first. Then checked later and it was a one point win. So perhaps a live score error?

Scoreboard and goal umpires had masala winning by a point at full time, time keepers had t as a draw. I believe the result is going to be decided by the league but would of thought goal umpires scorecards would win out if there was no discrepancy

Scoreboard and goal umpires had masala winning by a point at full time, time keepers had t as a draw. I believe the result is going to be decided by the league but would of thought goal umpires scorecards would win out if there was no discrepancy
Dont count on it

I would have thought two goal umpires agreeing would outweigh timekeepers? Seems logical doesn't it?

I would have thought two goal umpires agreeing would outweigh timekeepers? Seems logical doesn't it?

That's what I would of thought. I wasn't there so can't 100% confirm this but from what Ive heard goal umpires both agreed masala was up by a point at the end

That's what I would of thought. I wasn't there so can't 100% confirm this but from what Ive heard goal umpires both agreed masala was up by a point at the end
Yes. Both Goal Umpires scorecards agreed on a 1 point win to Masala, both Timekeepers scorecards agreed on a draw. The 1 point discrepancy was identified at 3/4 time. Scoreboard and Live Score reflected the Goal Umpires scorecards. Officiating Field Umpires said that the Timekeepers scorecards take precedence - but they have referred the matter to VAFA for review.

I've no issue with the club's, I just think that any "Senior" side dropping down for whatever reason would most likely better suited to Club XVIII (1) rather than (2). All for club's doing what they need to do to regroup and get going again. It's an administrative thing from HQ.
Some Clubs dropping down to Clubbies are put in Club XVIII (1) whilst others are put in Club XVIII (2). Would love to know how the decision is made.

Yes. Both Goal Umpires scorecards agreed on a 1 point win to Masala, both Timekeepers scorecards agreed on a draw. The 1 point discrepancy was identified at 3/4 time. Scoreboard and Live Score reflected the Goal Umpires scorecards. Officiating Field Umpires said that the Timekeepers scorecards take precedence - but they have referred the matter to VAFA for review.

Goal umpires have priority over scorers. Simple as that. It is their obligation to confirm scores at every break & at games end. My experience has Goalies are god!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite. I had one semifinal where us goalies differed by one point, neither of us agreed with the scoreboard (which was taken down before we waved it off), and when we finally got one timekeepers scorecard it had the final score agreeing with me but had been crossed out and one point deducted, making it agree with my partner. The other timekeeper had shot through and taken his card with him. It was easiest to just alter mine and be done with it. Then the coach wants to know why our scorecards differed from both team managers notes (which were the same as mine). I still get a headache thinking about it.

The timekeepers in this instant watched all of the game within 50 mtrs of the goals at either end as Masala's ground is only the size of a postage stamp. It appeared that one of the Goal umpires missed signalling a point during the 3rd quarter and didn't wave his flags. The Goal umpires are only human and also volunteers.
I've time kept for some 12 years at away games and have not missed a beat except on this occasion where both Time Keepers agreed it was a draw and advised the Senior Umpire accordingly to seek clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back