Daft Punk-New Album?

Remove this Banner Ad

giorgio by moroder and give life back to music are very good. (as well as the get lucky not radio edit)

the 2nd song was a bit meh to me

need to listen to the rest. contact's start sounds awesome. think theyll be a bit of hit and miss but the top 2 tracks plus get lucky, contact and pharrells other collaborations will bring it across the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to it all, and whilst I am always going to be a fan, I think they didn't go anywhere new with this. Honestly didn't have one of those 'ooooh' moments you have when you hear a good song for the first time. Best I came to it was Contact, but I didn't also mind Doin' It Right.

It's O.K. I guess but feels a bit too smooth and funky for me.

The more experimental tracks whilst O.K. don't break any sort of ground at all.

Smooth album but a bit devoid of balls.
Agree.

It's not a bad album but it's not my style. It's full of cruisy songs that are too laid back for me, its' very much background music. Who would've thought get lucky would've been one of its' more up-beat songs.

I do like the funk sound and was drawn to get lucky but I feel it gets a bit boring across the whole album.

giorgio by moroder and give life back to music are very good. (as well as the get lucky not radio edit)

the 2nd song was a bit meh to me

need to listen to the rest. contact's start sounds awesome. think theyll be a bit of hit and miss but the top 2 tracks plus get lucky, contact and pharrells other collaborations will bring it across the line.

Agree with that (especially giorgio) but the rest is painting by numbers and wouldn't even make it on to the first 2 albums.

very different to their usual stuff. but good nevertheless
It's because it was all live instrumentation, just like their live tour will be (you heard it here first).

Still not sure if it's really good or a bit cookie cutter. I don't know. It doesn't seem as massive as some of those early singles...

Agree.

It's not a bad album but it's not my style. It's full of cruisy songs that are too laid back for me, its' very much background music. Who would've thought get lucky would've been one of its' more up-beat songs.
Me.
It's a pretty hopeful song. It's upbeat. Even though it's about the uncertainty of hooking up, hooking up is pretty much irrelevant in the scheme of things. Stuff like One More Time and Da Funk definitely have a nostalgic, melancholy atmosphere to them a bit. Get Lucky isn't their most carefree song, but it's probably the most overtly carefree one.

Picked this up last night. It's not a bad album but definitely won't go down as one of the greats. Give life back to music, Get Lucky & Giorgio by moroder were my 3 favourite tracks. Most of the other tracks are just chilled, laid back Daft Punk. For me it's a 3/5.

Picked this up last night. It's not a bad album but definitely won't go down as one of the greats. Give life back to music, Get Lucky & Giorgio by moroder were my 3 favourite tracks. Most of the other tracks are just chilled, laid back Daft Punk. For me it's a 3/5.

it really is designed to being an album for a variety of occasions, emotions and vibes.

compared to their earlier work itd be known for its live instrumental pieces. remembering the days when i first heard da funk as a primary school kid not knowing the artists name but moving to it was exactly the same reaction i got yesterday as in my mid 20's.

it isnt their usual ways but def different which i admire. experimental is an understatement. i cant wait to hear the remixes by them.

the songs i was in awe with was with moroder, instant crush due to casablancas fitting into the track perfectly, life back to music (simply because of its summery feel its really 8 months too late :( and touch. touch was a weird one as mentioned earlier you feel a few emotions throughout the song (being puzzled, party mode, winding down and reflection). ive never felt anything like that from a song and i listen to a huge range of music from across the board.

as for the best. discovery and homework are still ahead of this. homework simply for how much it influenced me and discovery for all the tracks that i can relate to a particular moment in my life time. who knows this may rise up to the same level as the other two but its very hard to remove those two off my standings

Can someone explain to me why everyone is jizzing over 'Get Lucky?'

I think it is literally the most boring, inane song ever and everyone is just creaming themselves because it's daft punk.

If you want funky, disco sounding stuff there's about 5 better bands that have been doing it for ages.

Won't comment on the rest of the album because I haven't listened to it yet, but there is a bit of a rant for you.

Can someone explain to me why everyone is jizzing over 'Get Lucky?'

I think it is literally the most boring, inane song ever and everyone is just creaming themselves because it's daft punk.

To be fair, it's a quality pop song with a terrific groove.

Not my taste but I can't deny it either. It seems everyone likes that song...............except maybe you. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Daft Punk-New Album?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back