Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of the sage wisdom I received from my old manager one day - "You know mate, when you misplace something it's always in the last place you look for it isn't it?"

Yeah....nah, not in my case. When I find something I misplaced or lost, I keep looking for it after I have found it
Hahahah. I've been on the end of that many times.

Fu@k not going to lie, Ive barely read this thread - but the title and the last few comments - f@_k me! The amount of times I've heard the usual commentators ramble on about useless cliches or shit about some 'great' player to only hear Daisy actually analyse the game, or particular contest, 100x better..

Long live Daisy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daisy Pearce is far from horrid. My rank of ch7 afl commentators from best to worst:

Fox footy

Daisy Pearce

The rest
BT
Matthew Richardson

Kellie Underwood

Thank you
Goodbye

I listen to basketball podcasts frequently, such as The Lowe Post hosted by Zach Lowe. Latest one featured a female who spoke fluently and was pretty articulate in her observations, even outlining what players needed to do. no idea who she is/was, until a google to find she's a WNBA current player Chiney Ogwumike. then realised shes on espn nba panels too.

made me think, maybe cause the wnba has been in existence for some 26 years, seeing players swap and morph into the male league coverage it doesnt receive the same attention as daisy et al do here. that its commonplace. but it is entirely possible however that they do of course.

I'm not a feminist champion, but she's no worse than a lot of the other footy commentators in that box. She has more right to be there than Basil Zempilas.
Much as I hate Basil, He played WAFL. WAFL will always be better footy than the AFLW.

Some of the AFLW commentary has been ordinary. A few weeks ago one commentator kept confusing Essendon's Bannister and Marshall, making that worse, Bannister is blonde and Marshall is a brunette, and until last week's commentary, I hadn't realised how bad Kellie Underwood was.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back