Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

On one hand I don't see how you could be a complete special commentator without having played at the highest level.

On the other hand, the best analysts are probably in club land and probably never played the game themselves. So yeah.

That's not to say that she couldn't give better insight than 99% of former AFL players or the majority of current commentators, because most of it is just rubbish anyway.

Seven are selling entertainment. The only source of growth in football at the moment is from AFLW. It's a marketing ploy. If it were about pure analysis then none of them would be there. But it would be unwatchable.

There are plenty worse than her on TV.
Watson, Carey, Jones, Burgoyne, Johnson, and Ling just on channel 7
Yep they’re all worse and I’d throw in Brown and Riewoldt

Yep they’re all worse and I’d throw in Brown and Riewoldt

I don't like Daisy Pearce as a commentator but it's got nothing to do with the fact she's a woman. It's fact she offers obvious commentary and can't remove her Demons beanie.

Can't stand a lot of male commentators either, but nothing to do with them being men, they're just knobs.

I don't like Daisy Pearce as a commentator but it's got nothing to do with the fact she's a woman. It's fact she offers obvious commentary and can't remove her Demons beanie.

Can't stand a lot of male commentators either, but nothing to do with them being men, they're just knobs.
People don’t like her commentary is fine by me. I think it says a lot though that she has her own ‘horrid’ thread on here and many of the eight or so male commentators I rated worse don’t.

People don’t like her commentary is fine by me. I think it says a lot though that she has her own ‘horrid’ thread on here and many of the eight or so male commentators I rated worse don’t.

Agree with you. I could start at least half a dozen 'horrid' threads.

• Russell
  • Taylor
  • McLachlan
  • Howard
  • Darcy
  • Brereton

Hamish
BT
Wayne
Tom Browne

Have all had negative pile on threads in the past. There's no discrimination based on gender. If you're bad at your job, you'll get called out.

I always thought Daisy was bad but she definitely doesn't beat Kellie Underwood in this area. Which is odd because Kellie was reasonable from memory around that 2008-2011 period and it's not because i hate women commentating it's these to do really state the * obvious

That being said
Richo
Darcy
BT
Hamish

they are all terrible to along with most of the fox team or he ch7 team on the last Sunday game

I miss the days of Sandy Roberts, Dennis and Bruce
i even thought Leigh and Mckenna were half decent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate there are plenty of dickhead males that have whole threads dedicated to them.

The Tom Browne one is a cracker

Mate there are plenty of dickhead males that have whole threads dedicated to them.

The Tom Browne one is a cracker
Dickhead journos but not many special comments.

Dickhead journos but not many special comments.

BT had one, Dwayne Russell had one etc

Daisy is good for the game in terms of giving females exposure but you cant argue her comments are not vanilla as ****.

She’s growing on me, 100 times better than Underwood, she is horrendous, shit voice, shit caller, she just isn’t up to it.

Who did you rate worse?

Here are threads on
BT Play Nice - Brian Taylor
Dwayne Russell Dwayne ' s**t commentator ' Russell - PART 2 in 3d
Jobe Watson FTA-TV - Jobe Watson possible role with ch7/foxtel
Dermie Dermott Brereton
Howie FTA-TV - Mark Howard
Gerard Healy Gerard Healy . Confirmation bias
David King David King
James Brayshaw BT & Brayshaw
Basil Zempilas Basil Zempilas
Wayne Carey FTA-TV - Wayne Carey

Like someone else said, stop playing the ****ing gender card just because you can't handle females being criticized. If you think someone else is 'horrid' then start a ****ing thread.

Daisy Pearce is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back