Dale Thomas megathread (very bumped, see post #1072)

Remove this Banner Ad

You are telling most people in this thread that we are wrong to feel this way about Daisy you are just sounding like a troll now trying to get attention

No chance on the apology stop being so insecure

After 7.5k posts I would have thought you would understand the concept of a discussion board. Don't worry about the apology, you clearly have bigger issues to deal with.

Those examples will likely be remembered and rejoiced by the masses once he retires from that shitheel club so I struggle to understand your perspective.

Would you consider his bump on Luke Ball after being falconed an example of good sportsmanship?

Or his piss weak dive when a real man confronted him?

Or going surfing in the middle of rehab when the club has invested so much time and effort into him?

Or his disgraceful cheap shot at the kids when he knew full well he was leaving?

Or his obnoxious stare at the coaches box early in 2012?

Luke Ball v Dale Thomas, which would you rather as a friend at the most basic level? The guy that left his club with nothing but good graces, is now vice captain of his new club and a leader of industry as the players chair on the AFLPA or the guy that made it all a big joke with snide swipes at everyone involved with our great club.

Aussie rules is a passionate sport and Dale Thomas toyed with the emotions of a lot of people upon his departure so I'll call it as I see it whether I offend individuals or not!

I've never met Dale Thomas so I can only go on what evidence is available to the public and it paints a very dismal picture. He was my favourite player for a number of years and I (like many others) defended him when so many were sinking the boots in. Therefore I would be more than happy to reconsider that stance I just can't justify a rethink on the evidence of the past 12-18 months.
There are times I disagree with Scodog10 but this is not one of them. He summed up perfectly the reasons why I question the true character of Dale Thomas. I may not be prepared to write him off as a player, but I long ago wrote him off as a person of quality. I don't begrudge him going to Carlton for $750000. However, his snipes at Buckley, his deceit and his careless attitude with the emotions of the many kids who wore his number and considered him their hero, have eroded any positive feelings I had for him.

I remember in his first year sitting less than a meter away from him in an adjacent box at Knox basketball stadium. He was there with Scott Pendlebury and four other young players whose names now escape my memory. I was with work mates on a 'special' night out paid for by our employer. The entire night, Dale was the object of attention from all angles from fans and young girls, being harassed for autographs and stared and yelled at from the opposite side of the court.

Despite my close proximity to him, I respectfully left him alone, figuring he was already copping enough attention without me adding to his burden. Reflecting back now on that night, I wish instead that I had hassled him like everyone else in the stadium. I have little interest in basketball and would gladly have distracted him further from the game with some banal questions and unbridled adulation of our fledgling blond star. If only I had my time over again knowing what I know now.:rolleyes:

There are times I disagree with Scodog10 but this is not one of them. He summed up perfectly the reasons why I question the true character of Dale Thomas. I may not be prepared to write him off as a player, but I long ago wrote him off as a person of quality. I don't begrudge him going to Carlton for $750000. However, his snipes at Buckley, his deceit and his careless attitude with the emotions of the many kids who wore his number and considered him their hero, have eroded any positive feelings I had for him.

I remember in his first year sitting less than a meter away from him in an adjacent box at Knox basketball stadium. He was there with Scott Pendlebury and four other young players whose names now escape my memory. I was with work mates on a 'special' night out paid for by our employer. The entire night, Dale was the object of attention from all angles from fans and young girls, being harassed for autographs and stared and yelled at from the opposite side of the court.

Despite my close proximity to him, I respectfully left him alone, figuring he was already copping enough attention without me adding to his burden. Reflecting back now on that night, I wish instead that I had hassled him like everyone else in the stadium. I have little interest in basketball and would gladly have distracted him further from the game with some banal questions and unbridled adulation of our fledgling blond star. If only I had my time over again knowing what I know now.:rolleyes:

I like your post MM and I understand your feelings. In terms of Daisy's quality as a person I think it is complicated. I don't know him personally but I am sure he has plenty of good points as well. He was a fan favourite and this is probably the main reason why people still feel hurt.

I like your post MM and I understand your feelings. In terms of Daisy's quality as a person I think it is complicated. I don't know him personally but I am sure he has plenty of good points as well. He was a fan favourite and this is probably the main reason why people still feel hurt.

The reason why people feel hurt is because he stabbed the club in the back after all the support we gave him during his injury. Add to that the fact that he blatantly lied to supporters particularly the younger ones. He trolled us. If he had left on good terms, then a lot of us (including myself) would have given him full support. Fan favouritism is the least likely reason for why people feel hurt over this.

With respect jonbe, I think you and others are reading WAY too much into it. As I said, it was an amusing incident and Thomas got put on his arse.
Personally I think you're taking it way too seriously. This if footy. The enemy is the enemy and anything (within the limits of decency of course) you can throw at an opponent is fair game IMO. It's not as if I believe that too many people on here would say the same things to his face. It's all just banter to me.

Personally I think you're taking it way too seriously. This if footy. The enemy is the enemy and anything (within the limits of decency of course) you can throw at an opponent is fair game IMO. It's not as if I believe that too many people on here would say the same things to his face. It's all just banter to me.
I would say it to his face*

*only if Pendles was there and had my back

This thread should be renamed the "hang shit on Daisy thread" then.

One thing is certain though, Dale Thomas will recieve a life membership at Collingwood.

Unfortunately the way the club gives them away these days I wouldn't be surprised. I mean even Paul Williams has one - WTF?

Although, as far as I know Mark 'Choco' Williams has never been given that honour so there is hope the club will consider Daisy in the same category. Unwelcome.

Unfortunately the way the club gives them away these days I wouldn't be surprised. I mean even Paul Williams has one - WTF?

Although, as far as I know Mark 'Choco' Williams has never been given that honour so there is hope the club will consider Daisy in the same category. Unwelcome.

I believe club policy is that all premiership players get one. Ed stated publicly before the Carlton game that Daisy would get one. At least he has moved on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread should be renamed the "hang shit on Daisy thread" then.

Most Pie supporters don't like to be shit on sorry we all have some pride in our club

I have no idea what your post means.

I swear you have lived under a rock the past 12 months we do not like Dale because he did wrong by our club not because he left

Despite giving them a 7 month head start, we're fast catching up to the post count of Carlton's Dale Thomas thread - not far to go now! ;)

Although I must say, out of all the threads on their board my favourite by far is the 'Chicken little season is over thread'

Last edited:
Luke Ball is actually a great example to use as a comparitor, he still felt for his St Kilda team mates when we knocked them off. I can't imagine Thomas would.

Luke Ball is a seriously wonderful human being. He will do big things post his football career. Just to back up your post, 24 seconds into the below video, can you even picture Thomas doing anything like that in a collingwood vs carlton grand final? If you say yes you're dreaming. Shit bloke with how he went about leaving our great club.

Luke Ball is a seriously wonderful human being. He will do big things post his football career. Just to back up your post, 24 seconds into the below video, can you even picture Thomas doing anything like that in a collingwood vs carlton grand final? If you say yes you're dreaming. Shit bloke with how he went about leaving our great club.

Lenny Hayes was a Fantastic Sport too there Hugging Ball

This was only shown in the post-match. For anyone who missed it ->

xdi6f7.jpg
Shame the campaigner didn't rip his shoulder out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale Thomas megathread (very bumped, see post #1072)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back