Dale Thomas to have surgery, out 12-16 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

King Bont

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Terrible news for Carlton and Daisy Thomas, a bad night just got worse for the blues

Going from a player crueled by injuries to a genuine hard luck story. Just can't get on the park and it's getting to the point where an impressive player may fail to reach his peak potential. Bloody harsh result for him tonight.

Hopefully he has a speedy and full recovery - Carlton simply dont have anyone to cover the loss of any talented players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked to watch him play when he was at his peak, but it was a bad decision for Carlton to get him to start with and only getting worse.

Going from a player crueled by injuries to a genuine hard luck story. Just can't get on the park and it's getting to the point where an impressive player may fail to reach his peak potential. Bloody harsh result for him tonight.
He reached it for us IMO - that 2011 H/A season was something to behold from Daisy. Injuries since then, both at us and the Blues, have really ruined any chance he had of getting back to that level.

Just can't catch a break now. Hopefully this isn't going to spell the end for him. His recent track record is pretty worrying. He'll come back, but he might struggle to play to his standards.

Oddly enough, it's probably the best worst long-term injury for him to get. Shouldn't impact on his fitness too much, he isn't an in-and-under contested player who gets crunched 200 times a game either. Nowhere near a career-ending type injury for him I would've thought.

He reached it for us IMO - that 2011 H/A season was something to behold from Daisy. Injuries since then, both at us and the Blues, have really ruined any chance he had of getting back to that level.

That's what I meant. That season seemed like it could have been a launching pad for him to become a very good, possibly elite, player in the league. Since then it's been one injury after another. Very unfortunate.

Terrible news for Carlton and Daisy Thomas, a bad night just got worse for the blues
Where did you get that info from, is there a link? Given he spent the whole game on the bench means there was no break so only a scan will reveal if surgery is needed from a dislocation.

Oddly enough, it's probably the best worst long-term injury for him to get. Shouldn't impact on his fitness too much, he isn't an in-and-under contested player who gets crunched 200 times a game either. Nowhere near a career-ending type injury for him I would've thought.
However you combine that with the other endless list of injuries and it paints a bad picture.

Finally has a decent preseason and it's season over after 20 seconds.

Terrible luck.
EFA

Unbelievable bad luck for both him and Carlton. He should be bulked up by this time next year. If he hasn't put on 5kg minimum it means he doesn't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dale Thomas to have surgery, out 12-16 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back