Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: TO to Cowboys?

Black Thunder said:
plus the fact i haven't checked out the NFL news much since the super bowl has now got me looking and i've just discovered we've lost Keyshawn :( and LaRai Glover :( what a huge huge blow.

Both arent great losses. Keyshawn just does not get on well with the the human tackle dummy(Bledsoe) and his lack of a verticle game really hurts us.

LaRoi spent most of last year playing nose tackle in a 3-4 system which takes away his best asset which ius to rush the passer. He basically spends most of his time stopping the run or trying to open up lanes for the blitzing LB's to exploit and he just isnt big enough for that role. Parcells wants to use the 3-3 and Glover just does not have a role in it.

Black Thunder said:
Just as things were starting to look up for some inconsistent seasons we're now shooting ourselves in the foot.

That's Jerry Jones for you...only T.O has a bigger ego in the cowboys organisation.

Black Thunder said:
The loss of Fujita doesn't help but brining Ayodele into the team probably strengthen's that area.

Fujita is rubbish against the run and lacks the explosiveness to be a genuine threat as a pass rusher, he's no great loss. Expect Burnett to make that spot his own next year with Ayodele and James bringing some punch in the middle.

Black Thunder said:
Also sere a report that Dat Nyugen would be retiring (devastating to the linebacking division if true) but can't find any official announcement... Can anyone confirm this??

Seems likely as injuries seem to have gotten the better of him. he fought out of his weight division as a MLB and did very well. But much like Glover he to is not suited to a 3-4 so in a way it could be a blessing in disguise.

Black Thunder said:
Also sere a report that Dat Nyugen would be retiring (devastating to the linebacking division if true) but can't find any official announcement... Can anyone confirm this??
He's done, dusted and gone.

Should of traded him last year when you had the chance. :D

To, Dallas and the eagles are major topics of conversation on Philly sports radio.... go here:

http://www.610wip.com/

Best times for listening:

6-9 AM in Philly, so 10 PM- 1 AM on the east coast of Australia

or

4 to 6 PM in Philly, 8 AM to 10 AM in Australia, east coast...

Some good stuff going on....

The Dallas Cowboys franchise seems to have a liking for emotionally erratic wide receivers - first Michael Irvin, then Keyshawn Johnson and now Terrell Owens! :eek:

Terrell Owens attempted suicide...

Via overdose on pain medication. Terrible news to hear, just goes to show how well some people conceal what may really be going on inside :(

The guy may be a goof half the time, but you never want to hear something like this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time [he] stated, 'Yes.'"

Re: Terrell Owens attempted suicide...

Don't believe the hype. I was watching ESPN news when this poped up, and it was ridiculous. I got so mad I just turned off the TV.

They went live to the head of Fire & Rescue, the spokesperson to the police, and the EMT's who all kept refuting the report.

Then ESPN would go back to the anchor who would say something like, "ok everyone on the planet has now denied the suicide report. BUT we heard some conjecture about this earlier report that said he said he tried to hurt himself."

It was really absurd. If the guy really mixed medications had a violent reaction, was he really in the state where he could answer questions coherantly? Is it not possible multiple people were asking him things and he was just coming across as "yes, yes, get out of my face, take me to the hospital." Or any other hundreds of possibilities?

It's just typical of ESPN to grab some sliver of non confirmed evidence and run as fast and as hard as they can with it. It's like they were doing all they could to ruin the guy.

What is it with TO?

I don't believe the suicide story but you can see why the press would run with it. But like all TO stories though the truth will get lost in all the drama.

Vick>Footy said:
It's just typical of ESPN to grab some sliver of non confirmed evidence and run as fast and as hard as they can with it. It's like they were doing all they could to ruin the guy.

Good to see you read my advice on the Falcons thread about ESPN....the media hypes everything- best thing to do is switch it off....

Listening to a sports radio station in Philly- all speculation flyin around now. We know TO loves the limelight and will do anything to get it- let's see what washes out here. I'm betting we will not see TO suit up as a Cowboy, and may have seen the last of him in the NFL. Parcells may put his foot down here- he's wanted to do it since training camp with all the hamstring issues...and what teams are there to take on TO's contract?

usalion said:
Good to see you read my advice on the Falcons thread about ESPN....the media hypes everything- best thing to do is switch it off....

Listening to a sports radio station in Philly- all speculation flyin around now. We know TO loves the limelight and will do anything to get it- let's see what washes out here. I'm betting we will not see TO suit up as a Cowboy, and may have seen the last of him in the NFL. Parcells may put his foot down here- he's wanted to do it since training camp with all the hamstring issues...and what teams are there to take on TO's contract?

This is the most hysterical thing I have ever seen you write. You are definitely correct when you say you haven't watched any football. Your comments continually show everyone on these boards how little you know about the NFL.

TO never to suit up and play the game again? Are you nuts? In fact I can guarantee you see him take reps on sunday against the Titans.

And I'm not sure where you got this idea that ESPN is my love slave...

Vick>Footy said:
This is the most hysterical thing I have ever seen you write. You are definitely correct when you say you haven't watched any football. Your comments continually show everyone on these boards how little you know about the NFL.

TO never to suit up and play the game again? Are you nuts? In fact I can guarantee you see him take reps on sunday against the Titans.

And I'm not sure where you got this idea that ESPN is my love slave...

You and your guarantees- righto...

Where were you all summer when Parcells and TO were having it out over his hamstring? Parcells is a known control freak, and this may be what he needs to get rid of TO.

Now then, as for playing again in the NFL- he would have left three teams under bizarre circumstances AND he commands a big salary. There weren't a lot of teams lining up when he left SF and Philly. With these latest fiascos, you would have to be an idiot or totally desparate to take him- IF you can fit him under the salary cap.

At this point, we have NO IDEA exactly what happened- but based on Parcell's background, TO not playing for the Cowboys again is a possibility. Guarantee him playing on Sunday? Wait until this washes out before being a complete nob.

As for ESPN, I simply commented that you took my advice and turned it off- not that you had an attachment to it. You DO have a vivid imagination....

Here's your guarantee:

KFFL Fantasy sports wire:
Sep 27 Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens (finger), during a press conference, apologized to the team for becoming a distraction. He said he did not attempt suicide and is not depressed. Owens said he was "kind of out of it" when he was being asked questions about if he was trying to hurt himself. He noted he took a couple of pain pills, was groggy and took some extra pills with his supplements. "The rumor of me taking 35 pills is absurd," Owens said. He said he did not have his stomach pumped at the hospital like previously believed. Owens is aiming at returning to the field in Week 4. "I feel very capable of going out there and playing on Sunday," he added, while noting he should be able to practice Thursday, Aug. 28.

Rotowire sports wire:
Sep 27 At his Wednesday afternoon press conference Owens attributed the story that he had attempted suicide to grogginess on his part after ingesting his pain medication, and miscommunication between his publicist, Kim Etheridge, and the responding medical personnel after her 911 call.Recommendation: You can view the press conference here, linked from the Dallas Morning News Cowboys blog. Owens says he remembers little of the incident, and that it was his non-responsiveness after taking his medication that led to Etheridge's 911 call. Both he and Etheridge denied ever having said that Owens was feeling depressed, and for what it's worth Owens seemed his usual self during the short press conference. His early release from hospital would seem to back up his account, as the observation period for attempted suicides is longer than a simple overnight stay -- we'll keep you posted on further developments, however.

STATS sports wire:

Sep 27 Owens denied a Dallas police report Wednesday that said he tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication. The enigmatic Dallas receiver was taken to the hospital late Tuesday night after he reportedly swallowed 35 pills on Tuesday because he was depressed. Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge also denied it was a suicide attempt, saying police got the story wrong.
Advice: Owens wasn't expected to play this Sunday against Tennessee because of his broken right ring finger, but at the news conference, said he was fully capable of playing against the Titans. If he can withstand the pain and ignore the current situation regarding his suicide attempt, Owens could be in uniform against Tennessee. Owens has made nine catches for 99 yards and a touchdown in two games this year, his first in Dallas.

I'll let you know on sunday how he does since you won't be watching the game.

Vick>Footy said:
Here's your guarantee:

I'll let you know on sunday how he does since you won't be watching the game.

Familiar with TO press conferences? I don't think you've seen the end of this issue- still a lot of crap swirling around. I'll be very interested to see how Parcells reacts.

As for telling me how TO goes on Sunday- IF he plays- to quote Sam Newman, i couldn't give a fat rat's clacker....now in a couple of weeks, I'll love the Eagles DBs taking him apart. Some retribution for him....

we'll i just watched Parcell's media conference, and he said he doesn't know the exact details of what happened, and also, that's it's not a "distraction", rather an "unfortunate set of circumstances"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the media fall over themselves everytime TO blinks is Hilarious. TO is a space cadet, but its usually the media that come out looking like an obsessed basket case.

Thank god he no longer plays with the Eagles.

Stallworth all the way.

Dallas police have classified Terrell Owens' case as an "accidental overdose," not an attempted suicide, closing their investigation Thursday of the Cowboys receiver's hospitalization.

Vick>Footy said:
Yeah! Who needed that opportunity to go to Super Bowls anyway?!

Mmm..we did win the playoff games without him (injured), including the NFC Championship game- in case you forgot the score

NFC Championship: PHILADELPHIA 27, Atlanta 10

Not many teams manage to play in four straight conference championships. Am I happy with that result? No, but we got beaten on the day by St Louis, Tampa and Carolina. The last two were ours for the taking, but we were outplayed.
TO played in the Supe and did a great job, but we were outcoached by a better coach and outperformed by a far better QB in the clutch games, among other things

Is TO a fantastic wideout? Yes
Is he a major headcase who has disrupted all the pro teams he played for? Yes
Am I glad he is not playing for Philly this year? Yes- we have a better chance of making it back to the Super Bowl without him, because the disruptions have been removed.

usalion said:
Is he a major headcase who has disrupted all the pro teams he played for? Yes.

How has he disrupted Dallas? He has done nothing to disrupt Dallas. You aren't going to be able to come up with one thing he has done in Dallas to be a disruption that was not a situation created by the media trying to create a situation between either the QB or the coach. Getting sick and having a medical emergency is not a disruption. So where is the disruption? It's going to be the same from here on out. Philly people are so damn jelous that their QB was an arrogant bitch and T.O. wanted out and now plays for someone else. Your teams in the ****ter, and no one thinks you are good. Deal with it.

i think an accidental overdose is kind of upsetting....he's the akermanis of nfl always talking out of school

Vick>Footy said:
How has he disrupted Dallas? He has done nothing to disrupt Dallas. You aren't going to be able to come up with one thing he has done in Dallas to be a disruption that was not a situation created by the media trying to create a situation between either the QB or the coach. Getting sick and having a medical emergency is not a disruption. So where is the disruption? It's going to be the same from here on out. Philly people are so damn jelous that their QB was an arrogant bitch and T.O. wanted out and now plays for someone else. Your teams in the ****ter, and no one thinks you are good. Deal with it.

I'll deal with TO first- did you follow ANYTHING in the preseason. He didn't play because of a supposed hamstring injury. TO called the press conference to announce he wasn't going to play- didn't go through the team first. Parcells was pretty livid with things, and the team as a whole were not real happy- he caused problems even before he played a competitive down. Yes, the media got involved- but show me where they don't on pro sports stories? This is a big reason I gave up television- I don't need talking heads going on forever about what this or that means.

As for Philly, well, I will answer that later, when I have more time (lunch break now)- but as you've shown you understand so little about sports, I doubt you will get what I write.... Basic thing is, I am dealing with where we are now...2-1 and in a pretty good position in the NFC East, thank you very much....

Now as for Philly- no question there were problems between TO and Donovan, and there is no question there is some arrogance in #5. I'm not going to lay all the blame on TO, but he did sign a 7 year contract with the Eagles, knowing that a lot of the money would come at the end of the contract, and then after the Super Bowl demanded renegotiation. The Eagles did nothing wrong here- and they told TO that renegotiation was out of the question. We are perhaps the most fanatical fans in the country- and we let our feelings be known- after all, it was the Philly fans who booed Santa Claus.

We're not jealous- we expect players to live up to their contract obligations. We had a bad year last year, but we are going pretty nicely this year, far from being at the bottom, as you suggest. But like I said earlier, you consistently show you don't know sports, whether football or soccer- thank God I haven't seen your comments on baseball or AFL....

By the way, latest word I just heard is that Parcells is not sure whether Owens will play or not- might want to reconsider your "guarantee."

Owens - More Problems

There was an incident like this as well in Philly, where he refused to talk or work with his coaches. Very talented player, but petulant and egotistical.

T.O. and receivers coach 'merely co-workers and that's it'

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
October 13, 2006

AP - Sep 29, 2:25 pm EDT

Terrell Owens is done talking to his position coach.

T.O. said on his radio show Friday that his relationship with Dallas Cowboys receivers coach Todd Haley was ruined by a blowup this week. It began when Owens missed the start of Wednesday's practice because of an upset stomach, and Haley berated him for being late. Owens held his tongue then, but they later argued during a meeting.

The story getting out seems to bother Owens the most because Haley vowed since training camp that all internal matters would stay behind closed doors. Owens spoke with reporters for 45 minutes Wednesday without ever mentioning any problems with Haley. But the incident was reported by several media outlets Friday before Owens gave his side of the story later on his weekly show.

From now on, T.O. said, "there will be nothing else, no other dialogue" between him and Haley.

"There will be no more friendly nothing because I don't trust anybody like that," Owens said. "I will go out and practice hard. I will respect him as a coach, and he should respect me as a player. Anything outside of that I am not going to be able to deal with.

"Right now, we are merely co-workers, and that's it," he added.

Owens caught only three passes for 45 yards in a loss to Philadelphia on Sunday. It was a key division game for the Cowboys and a personal revenge game for Owens after the Eagles dumped him midway through last season.

TV cameras showed Owens screaming at Haley -- who also carries the title "passing game coordinator" -- on the sideline during the game. Although teammates said some of his rants were encouragement, Owens admitted saying, "Why am I here?" about his limited action. Coach Bill Parcells later noted that 13 balls were thrown to Owens, five more than anyone else; two were intercepted and one was dropped.

The confrontation between receiver and coach occurred Wednesday, the first time the Cowboys were back on the practice field. A strength coach was sent to get Owens when he was absent.

"By the time I step on the field, Todd starts cursing at me, this and that, and I'm like, 'Dude, I was in the restroom,"' Owens said. "He said, 'I don't (care) what you were doing. Everybody else is out here."'

Owens said he didn't respond, although he later apologized to Parcells and was told, "All right, just try to get out here a little earlier."

Then Owens and Haley butted heads during a meeting.

"I was venting, he was venting," Owens said. "I felt it stayed behind closed doors.

"It's all about frustration. Everybody is still frustrated from the loss on Sunday. At some point, we had our time to vent on Monday, Tuesday and have that bad taste that sick feeling out of your mouth. On Wednesday, it's a new day. It's a new game plan, a new team that we're getting prepared for. That's where our focus and direction should be. But obviously Todd, he's been frustrated, and he's taking it out on other people."

Parcells does not allow assistant coaches to talk to reporters. Team officials did not immediately return calls. Parcells said Thursday and Friday he wasn't talking about Owens. Asked why, he said Thursday: "I'm tired of it."

Dallas plays Houston at home Sunday.

Owens has a history of not getting along with coaches, from his position coach to the offensive coordinator to the head coach. It led to his dismissal from San Francisco and Philadelphia.

Although Owens has missed most of the preseason with a hamstring and had a highly publicized accidental overdose, he insists that he's been on his best behavior in his first season in Dallas.

"I know in the back of people's minds they are waiting for something to happen," said Owens, in the first year of a three-year, $25 million contract with the Cowboys. "I have made a conscious effort not to go down those roads again."

Owens made it clear that he'll still listen to Haley, but their discussions must be limited to Xs and Os.

"In business, you have people that work together and don't necessarily get along together," he said.

Owens said "anything is fixable," but he feels his trust in Haley "is being violated."

"I will have a hard time (trusting him) here on out," Owens said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back