Damage control: Yet another St.Kilda scandal Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been mentioned before in one of the million previous posts, but this afternoon ABC radio were talking about today's incident and Jill Singer was commenting on why the statutory rape was being ignored. I thought I'd heard what the law was, but then when I checked, I had to read it again as it's poorly worded.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s49.html

VICTORIAN Crimes Act 1958 - SECT 48

Sexual penetration of 16 or 17 year old child

(1) A person must not take part in an act of sexual penetration with a 16 or 17 year old child to whom he or she is not married and who is under his or her care, supervision or authority.

Penalty: Level 5 imprisonment (10 years maximum).

(2) Consent is not a defence to a charge under subsection (1) unless the accused satisfies the court on the balance of probabilities that at the time of the alleged offence the accused believed on reasonable grounds-
(a) that the child was aged 18 or older; or
(b) that he or she was married to the child.

I think (1) is worded poorly. It should read:

(1) A person must not take part in an act of sexual penetration with a 16 or 17 year old child under his or her care, supervision or authority unless they are married.

In short, assuming there is no care arrangement, in Victoria, a 16 year old is free to have sex with anyone older than them.

Also makes me wonder why Hinch isn't going after the Victorian police with as much passion given she allegedly slept with the cop who was investigating her case !

That's a far worse scenario IMO.

Also makes me wonder why Hinch isn't going after the Victorian police with as much passion given she allegedly slept with the cop who was investigating her case !

And what about the 27 year old woman that took her to the nightclub the night she met Gilbert. Where the hell was her duty of care?

And what about the 27 year old woman that took her to the nightclub the night she met Gilbert. Where the hell was her duty of care?

Why, did she (allegedly) get KD pregnant?

Holding my judgment on this one, see how it pans out.

Seems there's lies flowing from both sides. KD's are well documented.

With the Saints, if Gilbert met her at Frankston High (or whatever school it was), and this hasn't been denied, how could he have not known she was underage at the nightclub, or at least suspected it?

And Roo saying he was waking up when taken by surprise. What? So he woke up, saw Dawson holding condoms and the photographer in the room, then got out of bed - naked - and posed for a photo?

As for the stories floating around about the other photos that weren't released ... she could've gone much harder than what she did

rbon53l.jpg

No-ones been able to explain to me what those nude photos actually have to do with her situation anyway ? Seems entirley unrelated.

Well a 27 years old woman who knows the girl is a schoolgirl takes her to a nightclub .. If she didnt go to the nightclub - she never meets Gilbert & all this crap never happens. The 27 year old has to take a lot of blame. But hey its all about Womens Rights now isn't it?

Was she the other person in the key party?

Because the police are already doing that.

The copper has been stood down pending the investigation.

Surely she can realize that dragging this on is not going to achieve anything except make her look worse and worse

She looks pretty bad anyway now. She probably thinks that things can't get any worse and if she can uncover something that the AFL and Saints are hiding (not saying that they are) then it may go some way of vindicating her actions.

Gilbert may have assumed that she was a senior student and being in the club posing as an 18 year old would lead him to believe that she was of legal age.

Holding my judgment on this one, see how it pans out.

Seems there's lies flowing from both sides. KD's are well documented.

With the Saints, if Gilbert met her at Frankston High (or whatever school it was), and this hasn't been denied, how could he have not known she was underage at the nightclub, or at least suspected it?

And Roo saying he was waking up when taken by surprise. What? So he woke up, saw Dawson holding condoms and the photographer in the room, then got out of bed - naked - and posed for a photo?

As for the stories floating around about the other photos that weren't released ... she could've gone much harder than what she did

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN
Was discussed to death about six months ago. Do us all a favour and either look up the old threads or P*** off.

Because after she gained entry to an 18+ venue (supposedly with a fake ID) in Sydney, accompanied by her 27 year old housemate, she apparently told Gilbert and Armitage that she was 19 and was attending the AIS in Canberra.

Allegedly she exchanged telephone numbers with them that night (the police checked telephone records and found that no calls had been made either way prior to then, which supports Gilber'ts version of events that he didn't recognize her from teh school clinic)

I don't know when she hooked up with the third AFL player whose name keeps being conveniently left out of these media stories.

As for the pregnancy issue.
Does anybody know for sure that she was pregnant, miscarried and then discovered she was having twins, and then gave birth to a stillborn child?
Does anybody know for sure if Gilbert was the Father of these alleged twins?

I'm not sure but I would have thought that someone having sexual relations with multiple partners over a 4 week period might find it difficult to prove who the actual father was without doing a DNA test?
(Maury Povich makes a living by doing tests on TV)

Given that another of her allegations was that she told Gilbert that he was the Father, before she miscarried and then found out she was having twins and the second one was stillborn - how would she know who the father was? No DNA testing would have been done as yet because no baby had been born.

One thing is cetain in all of this.
She seemingly changes her story quite regularly.

As for Hinch, I thought he was much 'milder' on radio today than he's been on his blog.
Maybe he's starting to realize that she might not be the 'golden goose' he thought she was.
Never forget that this 'champion of children' admitted he slept witha 15 year old girl when he was 30+ - his defense was that she didn't look 15.
Hmmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today the St Kilda Australian Football Club celebrated the opening of their new new elite administration and training facility. There was an open invitation to the public to witness their first training session at the Linen House Centre and the press were in attendance.

A sexually promiscuous teenager tried to use the event to further her own ends...

From The Age

Today's publicity stunt was a manoeuvre to keep her story in the public eye, she said.

She also revealed she was writing, with her manager, the last two chapters of a book.

"I just wanted to hand out the signs and banner today so I can keep telling my story," she said.

"You know how it is in the news, everything dies down after a few days but if I keep it going and keep releasing my blogs and when my book comes out it will still be relevant."

Makes a mockery of the court order to hide her name and face from the general public to protect her doesn't it ???

Because the police are already doing that.

The copper has been stood down pending the investigation.

Yeah, but he's banging on about how poor AFL culture is when you've allegedly got a couple of young crew who have behaved extremely poorly but not illegally.

That cop's actions is far worse in terms of reflecting a culture
I would have thought if you want to make that point.

Also doesn't really paint her in such a good light either, but I guess more convenient to ignore that.

No-ones been able to explain to me what those nude photos actually have to do with her situation anyway ? Seems entirley unrelated.

The photos are more about Sam Gilbert than her. I can see his place in the club becoming untenable.

Her situation / issue has not been clearly stated. Depending on what you believe it centres around Gilbert dumping her because of the weight she put on due to the alleged pregnancy (which is definitely the case if you look at the photos from a year ago compared to now, but obviously explainable).

Now whilst it is a dog act, it is not illegal, which is entirely where the debate rests.

Today the St Kilda Australian Football Club celebrated the opening of their new new elite administration and training facility. There was an open invitation to the public to witness their first training session at the Linen House Centre and the press were in attendance.

A sexually promiscuous teenager tried to use the event to further her own ends...

From The Age

Today's publicity stunt was a manoeuvre to keep her story in the public eye, she said.

She also revealed she was writing, with her manager, the last two chapters of a book.

"I just wanted to hand out the signs and banner today so I can keep telling my story," she said.

"You know how it is in the news, everything dies down after a few days but if I keep it going and keep releasing my blogs and when my book comes out it will still be relevant."

Makes a mockery of the court order to hide her name and face from the general public to protect her doesn't it ???

I'd say it makes a mockery of the fact St Kilda tried to met with the girl and council her with her issues with the players and the club... obviously they hit fresh air with that one!!!

Difficult to do when there are no other photos.

That was what the whole injunction case was about last year - her having photos and videos. Check out the judgment. She handed the photos over to the judge voluntarily, thankfully

At the time she released the two other photos, she had access to the photos that she handed to the court but didn't release, because she chose not to

That was what the whole injunction case was about last year - her having photos and videos. Check out the judgment. She handed the photos over to the judge voluntarily, thankfully

At the time she released the two other photos, she had access to the photos that she handed to the court but didn't release, because she chose not to

LOL - obviously it was to prevent her releasing photos of a personal nature to Gilbert. His family etc.
I would do the same thing if some vindictive nutter got hold of the picture file on my laptop.

She had no other explicit photos.

If she did she would have released them.

The photos are more about Sam Gilbert than her. I can see his place in the club becoming untenable.

Her situation / issue has not been clearly stated. Depending on what you believe it centres around Gilbert dumping her because of the weight she put on due to the alleged pregnancy (which is definitely the case if you look at the photos from a year ago compared to now, but obviously explainable).

Now whilst it is a dog act, it is not illegal, which is entirely where the debate rests.

I'd say it has alot more to do with Sam Gilbert getting an underage girl pregnant saga. Its fairly obvious she has a story to tell... the story
the St Klida legal team are throwing all thri money at stopping from getting out.

She has had legal advise... she has had an injunction on any further phot
os being realeased until a court of law establishes whether she can... (which is yet to be heard in court) yet she still is out there getting her message across. Saints fans are praying this injunction holds... because it's fairly obvious after todays events that she believes she is in the right.

If she has been wronged, she will get her revenge... or a massive payout.

If she is in the wrong... well, it's fairly obvious she's confident she's not.

Well a 27 years old woman who knows the girl is a schoolgirl takes her to a nightclub .. If she didnt go to the nightclub - she never meets Gilbert & all this crap never happens. The 27 year old has to take a lot of blame. But hey its all about Womens Rights now isn't it?

Was she the other person in the key party?

What's women's rights got to do with it?

All I'm saying it that the story isn't finished, and there's more to come out.

I'm not siding with either party. Yep, perhaps the 27 year old shouldn't have taken her to the nightclub, in fact she shouldn't have, but i don't see how that exonerates Gilbert. Fair enough if Gilbert really didn't know her real age, but if he did, and this is probably something we'll never find the truth of, ie. he says she says

It's a pretty typical preseason so far for the Saints.

Players getting blind drunk and fighting inside a gay night club - CHECKSex Scandal - CHECK
Naked picture of captain - CHECK

Now all they have to do is lose another Grand Final and release a DVD.

I can't keep up with these St Kilda sagas...

What was that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back