Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- players facing suspension
- severe AFL punishments pending for bringing the game in to disrepute
- player health and infertility issues raised
- possible pending civil law suits
- club reputation and brand irreparably damaged beyond repair

I suppose I should take this opportunity to congratulate you on your magnificent victory.

It's cute that you actually believe this!!

I went to a lunch with Robert Walls this week and he said stripping of points was a certainty

Mind you, from other comments he made, it is clear that he has no clue about anything

Gotta love Walls, he's never let having no clue about something get in the way of having a definitive opinion :D

Here's the recap from someone else since I didn't get to watch all of it.
I haven't bothered to read this thread but, I suppose if you're naive enough to believe a word that comes out of James Hird's mouth, you might also be stupid enough to take Damien Barrott seriously.

You Essendon supporters :rolleyes:

If what Barrett says comes true, then it is a total disgrace and I will be giving this game away forever.

Not interested in following a code smeared in dodgy, under the table brokering, compromising deals & basically, a big **** you to the public who have made this game what it is.

No you won't. You will still watch it, you will still pay money to go to games.

And if you do go away, so what? It won't be a huge loss. If something this small is going to turn you away from a code, then you are not a big supporter of footy to begin with.

No you won't. You will still watch it, you will still pay money to go to games.

And if you do go away, so what? It won't be a huge loss. If something this small is going to turn you away from a code, then you are not a big supporter of footy to begin with.

Listen here sonny, I've been around for a lot longer than you think and you can be well assured that I am a huge supporter of the game. However, I won't be supporting it at all if this "Peptide-Gate" saga ends up being nothing.

Listen here sonny, I've been around for a lot longer than you think and you can be well assured that I am a huge supporter of the game. However, I won't be supporting it at all if this "Peptide-Gate" saga ends up being nothing.

Why? Why is this such a big issue to you?

I for one am angry that my club has been silly enough to be in this position, but it wouldn't matter if it was Essendon, or any other side, I would still support the code because in the grand scheme of things its not that big of a deal.

If you look at other sports around the world, which have had match fixers, people guilty of murder, animal cruelty and so on, this saga is so very small compared to them and they have still gained support.

Even if you go away from watching AFL, you will come back in time, because in a few years, people will stop giving a shit and move onto the next non saga.

Just so long as a decision is made at least a couple of weeks before the finals I don't really mind.

Clubs need a bit of time to plan for any changes to ladder positions. Or obviously if there are no penalties involving the removal of points other clubs need to be aware of this also.
Decision will be handed down at three quarter time of Essendon vs Carlton elimination final, with Essendon 96 points in front. Carlton then go on to win premiership.

Even if essendon aren't punished the stain that will remain on the club and james hird will last for a decade, already current wins come with an * and a distasteful aftertaste to many footy fans.

Really hope the club is punished severely if found guilty, and surely by now there is no chance that everyone at Essendon is innocent of every charge laid.

Even if essendon aren't punished the stain that will remain on the club and james hird will last for a decade, already current wins come with an * and a distasteful aftertaste to many footy fans.

Really hope the club is punished severely if found guilty, and surely by now there is no chance that everyone at Essendon is innocent of every charge laid.

It will only be remembered if there is a significant punishment. That way we will see the tangible after effects of that punishment in the future otherwise it will be forgotten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Why is this such a big issue to you?

I for one am angry that my club has been silly enough to be in this position, but it wouldn't matter if it was Essendon, or any other side, I would still support the code because in the grand scheme of things its not that big of a deal.

If you look at other sports around the world, which have had match fixers, people guilty of murder, animal cruelty and so on, this saga is so very small compared to them and they have still gained support.

Even if you go away from watching AFL, you will come back in time, because in a few years, people will stop giving a shit and move onto the next non saga.

It truly concerns me that you think this isn't a big deal. I've followed this sport passionately for over 4 decades and I am close to walking away from it because of this. I have NEVER felt this way in all that time. Your club felt it was an acceptable thing to inject dubious substances into your players bodies, clearly without having any real understanding of the possible long term effects this could have on their health. All in the name of winning. On no level is this acceptable. None. If your club (and I would say this even if it were MY club) aren't penalised severely for this, then I will walk away.

It truly concerns me that you think this isn't a big deal. I've followed this sport passionately for over 4 decades and I am close to walking away from it because of this. I have NEVER felt this way in all that time. Your club felt it was an acceptable thing to inject dubious substances into your players bodies, clearly without having any real understanding of the possible long term effects this could have on their health. All in the name of winning. On no level is this acceptable. None. If your club (and I would say this even if it were MY club) aren't penalised severely for this, then I will walk away.
You don't know that at all!! You have no idea what supplements the club agreed to and what was used without their knowledge!

If Damian Barrett said Essendon will be found guilty and all players from last year will face two year bans, this entire board will be wanking over their new god

You don't know that at all!! You have no idea what supplements the club agreed to and what was used without their knowledge!

You just don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter whether they were prohibited, or performance enhancing or not. It's the willingness to use drugs for off-label purposes that infuriates me. It's allowing Dank to combine any number of substances and inject them into players - all in the name of doing "whatever it takes". There is absolutely no way Dank or anyone involved could possibly know about long term side effects of using prescription drugs in the way they were being used, combined with other substances, for off-label use. And if all that isn't bad enough, AOD to me is the killer blow. They were prepared to use a substance - I don't care how benign it may or may not be - that is NOT YET APPROVED FOR HUMAN USE.

I think you only need to look at post #2 for evidence of premature celebration of Barrett's premature announcement by a rather over-excited Essendon fan.

Damien Barrett said it may be over soon on the footy show

And if the shoe was on the other foot, no doubt many of the people in here would be taking his word as gospel, because it suits their view. For the record, I don't believe what this ******* says, what he said on the footy show tied in with what I've heard, remains to be seen if it is bullshit or not.

You just don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter whether they were prohibited, or performance enhancing or not. It's the willingness to use drugs for off-label purposes that infuriates me. It's allowing Dank to combine any number of substances and inject them into players - all in the name of doing "whatever it takes". There is absolutely no way Dank or anyone involved could possibly know about long term side effects of using prescription drugs in the way they were being used, combined with other substances, for off-label use. And if all that isn't bad enough, AOD to me is the killer blow. They were prepared to use a substance - I don't care how benign it may or may not be - that is NOT YET APPROVED FOR HUMAN USE.
And again, you don't know f all about what substances essendon permitted for use and what substances Dank decided to use off his own bat!

We know from the leaked emails Hird demanded the doc check them for efficacy safety and compliance. If dank didnt follow that directive he didn't follow club policy. Why is that hard for you to understand?

And again, you don't know f all about what substances essendon permitted for use and what substances Dank decided to use off his own bat!

We know from the leaked emails Hird demanded the doc check them for efficacy safety and compliance. If dank didnt follow that directive he didn't follow club policy. Why is that hard for you to understand?

Classic CYA, how is that hard for you to understand.

The substances WE DO KNOW about are enough to have me more than concerned. Combining two perfectly legal substances can have lethal effects - do you not get that? What we don't know here - and cannot possibly know, is what the long term effects could be on players. Particularly seeing as these drugs were being used for off-label purposes. That this was in any way considered acceptable is appalling.

Don't even get me started on the possible use of either thymosin or hexarelin.

It seems to me, you are more concerned about getting Hird out of this without a scratch, than you are for the health of your own players.

Its actually a bit hilarious to suggest that Dank was injecting people with things they didn't know about. This "rogue" garbage is a step too far.

What does he have to gain from this, whats his motive?
Who paid for all these secret substances?
If EFC paid, the specific substances will be itemised on their account, but they aren't!!
Why would Dank provide these secret (and expensive) substances for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back