Damien Barrett said it may be over soon on the footy show

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if essendon aren't punished the stain that will remain on the club and james hird will last for a decade, already current wins come with an * and a distasteful aftertaste to many footy fans.

Really hope the club is punished severely if found guilty, and surely by now there is no chance that everyone at Essendon is innocent of every charge laid.

What charges would those be? blaze036.

What charges would those be?
You may need to check with Dons Rules, according to him your club has SCREWED UP

And he is purely basing his assessment upon rumor and innuendo

I will wait for the investigation to be completed and listen intensely to its findings before I arrive at any judgements

Bit like mxett.

You may need to check with Dons Rules, according to him your club has SCREWED UP

And he is purely basing his assessment upon rumor and innuendo

I will wait for the investigation to be completed and listen intensely to its findings before I arrive at any judgements

Bit like mxett.

Do you know what charges have been laid, that blaze036 refers to?

It truly concerns me that you think this isn't a big deal. I've followed this sport passionately for over 4 decades and I am close to walking away from it because of this. I have NEVER felt this way in all that time. Your club felt it was an acceptable thing to inject dubious substances into your players bodies, clearly without having any real understanding of the possible long term effects this could have on their health. All in the name of winning. On no level is this acceptable. None. If your club (and I would say this even if it were MY club) aren't penalised severely for this, then I will walk away.

So, you want them to be punished purely on hearsay? Even if the investigation has not been completed?

I am still awaiting communication from Work Safe to announce their investigation. Seems to tick all the boxes for a Work Safe investigation, so why has nothing be said or done?

So, you want them to be punished purely on hearsay? Even if the investigation has not been completed?

No, I don't expect penalties to be applied until the investigation is completed. But I DO expect penalties to be applied. What form they take is anyone's guess at this stage. But please understand this. I am not talking about the legalities of substances, that will be dealt with by ASADA. I'm talking about the morality of a Club that allows substances (even legal ones) to be given for off-label use without a complete understanding on how two or more substances might interact with each other once injected into a human, or the knowledge of long term side effects those interactions may have.

No, I don't expect penalties to be applied until the investigation is completed. But I DO expect penalties to be applied. What form they take is anyone's guess at this stage. But please understand this. I am not talking about the legalities of substances, that will be dealt with by ASADA. I'm talking about the morality of a Club that allows substances (even legal ones) to be given for off-label use without a complete understanding on how two or more substances might interact with each other once injected into a human, or the knowledge of long term side effects those interactions may have.

You've simply been around here too long, take a break, the hysteria is getting monotonous.

If the worst is true once we actually know what has & hasnt been given, then fine, scream the human rights abuses from the rooftops.

But until then chill, you are way too invested in this.:oops:

You've simply been around here too long, take a break, the hysteria is getting monotonous.

If the worst is true once we actually know what has & hasnt been given, then fine, scream the human rights abuses from the rooftops.

This is true, but also applies to you and every other regular Essendon poster too.

We are all too invested in this, we have no control over the outcome. But hey, beats actually doing work.

The substances WE DO KNOW about are enough to have me more than concerned. Combining two perfectly legal substances can have lethal effects - do you not get that? What we don't know here - and cannot possibly know, is what the long term effects could be on players. Particularly seeing as these drugs were being used for off-label purposes. That this was in any way considered acceptable is appalling.

Don't even get me started on the possible use of either thymosin or hexarelin.

It seems to me, you are more concerned about getting Hird out of this without a scratch, than you are for the health of your own players.
Do you accept that Doc Reid signed off on the original program as requested by Hird?

I will not apologise for caring about the health of your players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is true, but also applies to you and every other regular Essendon poster too.

We are all too invested in this, we have no control over the outcome. But hey, beats actually doing work.

Would agree if i was carrying on posting efc innocence or the like ad nausaem, which I am not.

I am certainly over it all whatever the outcome, just come here for lols

Would agree if i was carrying on posting efc innocence or the like ad nausaem, which I am not.

This saga is like a 4-hour movie. You stopped giving a sh*t 2 hours ago but you have invested too much time in it not to see it through.

I have my views on what happened, but if this ended tomorrow with Vlad holding a press conference where he simply laughed and said 'foolish peasants, never question me' and then walked off, I would be happy.

How would I know? And if he has signed off on the injections of medications for off-label purposes, I would very much question it.
According to McVeigh the consents were signed in Reids presence, and Hird.

If that true do you honestly believe Reid would have ok'd the use of unsafe supplements, or safe supplements that when used together could prove unsafe?

My understanding of your position is that you're actually putting the penalty ahead of an infraction, and have already concluded in your own head the penalty that should be dished out. You also deliberately lump EFC and Dank together for morality purposes, when you know damn well he could have been a rogue and that a distinction should have been made. That's actually quite reprehensible.

My understanding of your position is that you're actually putting the penalty ahead of an infraction, and have already concluded in your own head the penalty that should be dished out. You also deliberately lump EFC and Dank together for morality purposes, when you know damn well he could have been a rogue and that a distinction should have been made. That's actually quite reprehensible.

I'm not talking about any illegal substance Dank may or may not have injected into your players - ASADA will sort that out. I am talking about the willingness of YOUR club to instigate a program "close to the edge" that included the injection of perhaps WADA compliant substances, but for completely off-label purposes. You don't use drugs that are prescribed for alzheimer/dementia patients or HIV/Cancer patients in healthy young male athletes unless you are doing so to achieve "other, off-label results". I don't believe any Dr in their right mind would sign off on an intervention such as this for healthy young men. The drugs have recommended dosages and contraindications based on the target market, which one would assume, would not be for elite athletes.

What's reprehensible is people like you failing to see the forest for the trees. All you want to see is a rogue operator out of control. What you refuse to see is an administration that were prepared to allow this man to administer pharmaceuticals to their players that were being used for off-label purposes. Dank is a piece of work, no doubt about it, but SOMEONE in your Club allowed this to happen and needs to be held accountable.

I'm not talking about any illegal substance Dank may or may not have injected into your players - ASADA will sort that out. I am talking about the willingness of YOUR club to instigate a program "close to the edge" that included the injection of perhaps WADA compliant substances, but for completely off-label purposes. You don't use drugs that are prescribed for alzheimer/dementia patients or HIV/Cancer patients in healthy young male athletes unless you are doing so to achieve "other, off-label results". I don't believe any Dr in their right mind would sign off on an intervention such as this for healthy young men. The drugs have recommended dosages and contraindications based on the target market, which one would assume, would not be for elite athletes.

What's reprehensible is people like you failing to see the forest for the trees. All you want to see is a rogue operator out of control. What you refuse to see is an administration that were prepared to allow this man to administer pharmaceuticals to their players that were being used for off-label purposes. Dank is a piece of work, no doubt about it, but SOMEONE in your Club allowed this to happen and needs to be held accountable.
That's the point FFS!

Dank was specifically told to involve Doc Reid. If he did then the substances used were approved by Doc Reid and would have met his criteria for safety.

If he didnt involve Doc Reid then he acted outside his authority and the clubs directive. The clubs failure to foresee this risk was their mistake. But you cannot simply assume the club authorised the use of experimental substances because you have no idea which were authorised for use.

That's the point FFS!

Dank was specifically told to involve Doc Reid. If he did then the substances used were approved by Doc Reid and would have met his criteria for safety.

If he didnt involve Doc Reid then he acted outside his authority and the clubs directive. The clubs failure to foresee this risk was their mistake. But you cannot simply assume the club authorised the use of experimental substances because you have no idea which were authorised for use.

BANG

I am still awaiting communication from Work Safe to announce their investigation. Seems to tick all the boxes for a Work Safe investigation, so why has nothing be said or done?
you really think worksafe has jurisdiction over health science practices?
how do you go with getting your plumber to sort your tax return?

You certainly haven't been protesting essendon's innocence

Just attacking any non-essendon supporters who are posing legitimate questions and being very suspicious of any spin coming out of windy hill.

Subtle difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back