News Damien Hardwick agrees to become the coach of The Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you mean “Apocalypto” by Mel Gibson. Apocalypse Now was the Vietnam war movie. Maybe the Gabba is our Vietnam. We got our asses whipped real good.

Gold Coast post-match review?

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

gold coast do not have what every single premiership team requires - continuity

Dimma is deluded if he thinks they can start winning flags immediately - I think they are a few years away, regardless of talent profile

Nobody thought they'd be winning flags immediately.

I think some thought Dimma could/would take them to their first finals this year, and he still might do that.

He'll get a Mulligan this season if they don't given the first year leave pass, but questions will be asked if they miss finals next year.

Outside of 2017-2020 which was amazing, Dimma certainly had his flaws as a coach so he's not a golden ticket automatically.

He's got a nice tan though

#winning

He's going to have to reinvent the wheel - trying to do a gameplan that no longer works today is a waste of time. 2017 called, it's just not into you anymore.
The Pies just won a flag playing with a heap of similarities and elements of Dimma's system. I can see it everything I watched the Pies last year.

Yes every gameplan needs evolving and tweaking but the bones are still there that it wins flags. He'll be evolving that same plan, or he might go a totally new direction. The group he has now is quite different to the Richmond list he was working with.

He doesnt care the bar is low, he's there for his pension , it's his last coaching gig. he just needs to scrape into the finals and they will extend him for another contract

If they scrape into finals in Dimma’s first year at the helm, they should extend him.

Realistically, he’s a terrific coach, but he’s not a miracle worker.

I have no idea how or why people thought the Suns were serious contenders to play finals in his first season. They’re not. It’s year one of a project and they’re still a fair way off it.

Dimma needs to get focused on football, and stop going off to get his hair done, and why would ya go get a manicure as a well paid footy coach? He needs to get back to basics, deny his carnal desires, get hungry for footy again. Honestly, he's like a male flapper.

Gold Coast are playing better than Geelong/Sydney... At home.

Just have to work out how to win on the road and they are in finals.

Dimma needs to get focused on football, and stop going off to get his hair done, and why would ya go get a manicure as a well paid footy coach? He needs to get back to basics, deny his carnal desires, get hungry for footy again. Honestly, he's like a male flapper.

That’s not happening

His heart isn’t in it

He was purchased

He’s scaled the mountain and is just picking up cash on the way back down

Gold Coast are playing better than Geelong/Sydney... At home.

Just have to work out how to win on the road and they are in finals.
Yet they can't drive up the highway and make it a contest for most the match. 60% is the pass mark here, and will get you scraping in the bottom half of the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they scrape into finals in Dimma’s first year at the helm, they should extend him.

Realistically, he’s a terrific coach, but he’s not a miracle worker.

I have no idea how or why people thought the Suns were serious contenders to play finals in his first season. They’re not. It’s year one of a project and they’re still a fair way off it.
you mean its year 14 or 15 of the project, multiple generations come and gone. The 2018/2019 draft pool are hitting thier straps now There's no excuse for not finishing 5-8 . if he's stuck in 12th-9th that would be a massive fail

gold coast do not have what every single premiership team requires - continuity

Dimma is deluded if he thinks they can start winning flags immediately - I think they are a few years away, regardless of talent profile
Despite what he says publicly, I doubt Hardwick thinks flags are just around the corner. If they were, why insist on a six year deal?

you mean its year 14 or 15 of the project, multiple generations come and gone. The 2018/2019 draft pool are hitting thier straps now There's no excuse for not finishing 5-8 . if he's stuck in 12th-9th that would be a massive fail

No, it’s clearly year one of the Dimma project. All previous attempts have been a failure.

It’s crazy to expect him to come straight in and perform miracles.

No, it’s clearly year one of the Dimma project. All previous attempts have been a failure.

It’s crazy to expect him to come straight in and perform miracles.
No ones expecting miracles but this team is not a "young" team apart from thier academy boys

This team should be batting 500 with the top 6 , 800 with the middle 6 and 1000 with the bottom 6 if they are fair dinkum.

problem is they at the moment they batting 0 with the top 6 and 1000 with the bottom 6

No ones expecting miracles but this team is not a "young" team apart from thier academy boys

Age isn't everything, it usually takes time to get used to a new system regardless of age.

But, half the side is 23 or younger, I dare say that's pretty young.

4-4 after 8 is a good start. I'm not sure how anyone could expect much more from that group at this early stage.

This team should be batting 500 with the top 6 , 800 with the middle 6 and 1000 with the bottom 6 if they are fair dinkum.

problem is they at the moment they batting 0 with the top 6 and 1000 with the bottom 6

This isn't baseball.

that's cool. No Animosity towards Tom Hafey after those 1967, 1969, 1973-4 flags?
Not old enough to have experienced them. I wasn't alive then.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Damien Hardwick agrees to become the coach of The Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back