Player Watch Dane Swan (Retired 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's easy re Swan.

If he's injured - drop him and get him right for next year.

If he's not injured - drop him, see how he responds.

If positive - keep him for next year

If not - trade him.
I don't think anyone would want Swan in this day and age.
As a midfielder who needs to run all day he won't find himself in any side. See Didak.

Yep, I think my boy is cooked.

I don't think he is playing injured. The club have never came out and said that, we are just assuming that he is playing injured. I hope he is injured but even if he is carrying something small, his performances are so bad he is a liability.

I am sure if we didn't have the injuries we do, he would have had his surgery if he needs one.

has anyone else noticed that his lost his ability to handball when a team mate wasn't lined straight up, it was like his wrists where fused together today. hope it was just me i only watched the game in patches out of frustration

I would say he is injured 100%, i trust Swanny to perform more than any player in that team, and those suggesting he doesn't care have no idea.
If he gets over whatever is stopping him this year he will get back to his old brilliant form, no doubt about it.

Pics (warning graphic) in this article from September last year.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ocial-media-site/story-fni5f6hd-1226758057856

And....
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-swan-with-lasting-damage-20140306-34a9e.html
Swan's left wrist reconstruction late last year followed a similar operation on his right wrist several years ago.

While he can use his wrists to flex his hands backwards, as can happen in marking contests or when cushioning a fall, he cannot bend them the other way.

will always be a true pie legend but its looking grim played most todays game in the forward line
and didn't do much there but who knows could be injured of course the club wouldn't tell us

77,79,80,81, 90, 02,03,10,11 Collingwood GF's teams have been coached by someone who came from outside the club. Just saying.

I'm a Bucks fan, however recent history is not on his side.

I recommend Swan just get dropped. He had been a great player for the club but his time is up. Let's elevate Martin and give the likes of Broomhead and Kennedy more senior experiance.

He had bloody surgery on his wrist.
It's quite obvious that he cannot handle the ball properly.
He also cannot run and I read somewhere that he could hardly walk pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not going to use the wrists as an excuse for him being injured.

He had surgery on them and they recovered as good as they will ever get. So if the wrists are used as an excuse, they shouldn't.

Please, he's been a gun for the last 7-8 years, one bad year hardly validates your opinion.
its the reasoning of ppl like you, as to why didak was played long after he was shot, with a pectoral muscle. Swan has been average all year, his disposal count is down, his efficiency is down, it is ludacris that kmart isnt being played over him. He has had only one good game this year. Position is justified by present form not past history. Given his age, it is unlikely he will overcome groin and wrist problems which are contributing to his poor disposal and limited burst running (which was one of his real strengths)

I think this year now is clearly gone in terms of making an impact. As such, if there are any physical issues affecting him, and I'd say there certainly seems to be, pull him out now and give him every opportunity to get himself tip-top for 2015. We owe him that, and what's happening now is helping no-one.

its the reasoning of ppl like you, as to why didak was played long after he was shot, with a pectoral muscle. Swan has been average all year, his disposal count is down, his efficiency is down, it is ludacris that kmart isnt being played over him. He has had only one good game this year. Position is justified by present form not past history. Given his age, it is a biological fact that his performance will decrease.

I agree that Dane hasn't been good this season.

However, coming in and saying you've never liked him and this one poor season justifies that, is bullshit.

A champion doesn't lose his ability. Is either injured or has lost his desire. If it's the former he'll suit up again next year if it's the latter he won't.

How wise of you. Thanks so much for your sage advice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Dane Swan (Retired 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back