Review Dangerfield: What's up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade him. Im tired of his selfishness. He tries to do everything himself, more often than not it looks amazing, but doesnt actually achieve anything. His DE is pathetic, kickng for goal questionable, and right now is a shadow of what he has shown us in the past. If he is injured, he should be saying so. We would be getting more out of playing M Crouch than a battle damaged Danger. I dont want someone in the team who plays with the attitude of "no one else is capable so I will have to do it all myself".

If Adelaide could get an outcome like what West Coast managed, I would jump at it in 2 seconds flat. Kennedy, pick 3 and pick 20.

It's unbelievable that a few of you want to trade Danger. How often do clubs trade their best player? If I went onto the Gold Coast, Geelong or Collingwood boards I doubt their fans would be calling to trade Abblett, Selwood or Pendlebury. It really is truly dumbfounding. We can all be glad these peanuts aren't running the footy department.

I honestly don't believe this is a fair comparison. The other players you mentioned are consistently delivering week on week. Danger has the ability and he is exciting when he is on song but he simply is not consistent. His execution skills are also not as good as the other three. I also don't hear other players making statements like "as long as the coach is there I will stay". That's like holding us to ransom. You cant run the club effectively with threats like that hanging over your head.

I'd offer danger 5years on big money + captaincy and ask for him to commit. If he wont now - then behind closed doors he is on the table to melbourne clubs. If we can get 2 top 10 picks mixed in for him you must look at it- regardless of him being a champ.

Same as we should have traded Tippett to Brisbane mid contract instead of the usual 'he is a required player' card.

I'd offer danger 5years on big money + captaincy and ask for him to commit. If he wont now - then behind closed doors he is on the table to melbourne clubs. If we can get 2 top 10 picks mixed in for him you must look at it- regardless of him being a champ.

Same as we should have traded Tippett to Brisbane mid contract instead of the usual 'he is a required player' card.

I like this idea. Put in all on the table now before the trade period. Then its out the way and we know his intentions. Big money and a long term contract would certainly teat his manager. Putting the captaincy up should be the cherry on top for him.

Trade him. Im tired of his selfishness. He tries to do everything himself, more often than not it looks amazing, but doesnt actually achieve anything. His DE is pathetic, kickng for goal questionable, and right now is a shadow of what he has shown us in the past. If he is injured, he should be saying so. We would be getting more out of playing M Crouch than a battle damaged Danger. I dont want someone in the team who plays with the attitude of "no one else is capable so I will have to do it all myself".

If Adelaide could get an outcome like what West Coast managed, I would jump at it in 2 seconds flat. Kennedy, pick 3 and pick 20.

You're a clown.

I like this idea. Put in all on the table now before the trade period. Then its out the way and we know his intentions. Big money and a long term contract would certainly teat his manager. Putting the captaincy up should be the cherry on top for him.

Say melbourne end up with pick 3 & 4 - you'd have to look at danger and a pick 30ish for those high end picks.

to be honest hopefully he would jump at the long term offer and sign on. But I'm sick of players leaving for little to nothing.

And seems you dont understand that football is a team sport. Rather a team orientated player like Hayes, Sloane, Kennedy, Selwood anyday over a 1 man army who scrubs half his kicks and would rather play at 50% than do the team thing and sit out for a week or 2.
Trade a proven superstar for an unproven potential superstar. Rightio then

Trade a " potential" superstar for an unproven "potential" superstar. Rightio then

EFA

You use the word "Superstar" way too loosely if you reckon Danger has reached that status thus far in his career.

Danger is a damn fine footballer but he is no Superstar as yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have pretty loose definitions of "superstar" these days.

He's top 15 in the AFL, arguably top 10. Does that make him a "superstar?" Probably.

He's not a superstar in the category of McLeod, Ricciuto, Goodwin, Hart etc though, because he hasn't yet done it in finals.

To me you're not a superstar until you've done it in finals, preferably winning ones, and even more preferably premiership winning ones.

He's top 15 in the AFL, arguably top 10. Does that make him a "superstar?" Probably.

He's not a superstar in the category of McLeod, Ricciuto, Goodwin, Hart etc though, because he hasn't yet done it in finals.

To me you're not a superstar until you've done it in finals, preferably winning ones, and even more preferably premiership winning ones.
Potentially he is a superstar. He needs to soon start realising this potential though. He is no longer a raw 20 year old and needs to start playing with a lot more maturity.

Trade a proven superstar for an unproven potential superstar. Rightio then

Dangerfield has played a few "superstar" quality games. He has done plenty of superstar acts within games, but dont allow his quality acts blind your eyes from the poor disposal, poor shots on goal etc.

He is:
39th in disposals in the comp. Not bad, but certainly not superstar. He averages 24.9 per game. Over 2 players per team on average get more ball.

81st in goals total this season. Players like Boak, Stanton, Deledio, Zorko, Pearce, Gibbs, Hartlett, Selwood, Parker, Palmer, Fyfe, Beams, Bartell, Ablett, Smith, Gray, and many more are ahead. Most with less games played this season.

However he sits 14th overall for behinds per game!!!!! Poor shot at goal, and tries to go it alone too often.

His contested possessions are high, sits 4th overall in averages per game with 15.5. The top 30 contested possession winners in order are Ablett (17.5 per game), Kennedy, Fyfe, Danger, Priddis, Rockliff, Libba, Pendles, Treloar, Ward, Selwood, Sloane, Boak, Beams, Wines, Heppell, Parker, Swallow, Gray, Thompson, Mundy, Jones, Cunnington, Prestia, Boyd, Murphy, D Swallow, Miles, Cotchen and Hannebery.

In terms of those players disposals being effective??? This is the order and their overall AFL wide ranking for Effective Disposals in the AFL:
Rockliff (1)
Ablett (2)
Pendles (4)
Jones (6)
Selwood (11)
Heppell (14)
Boak (16)
Fyfe (17)
Treloar (20)
Priddis (21)
Ward (22)
Beams (24)
Kennedy (25)
Thompson (26)
Prestia (31)
Miles (34)
Hannebery (37)
Parker (40)
Libber (42)
Boyd (45)
M Murphy (53)
Cotchen (59)
Sloane (63)
Gray (65)
Mundy (75)
Wines (81)
Swallow (89)
D Swallow (94)
Danger (96)
Cunnington

The only player in the top 30 for contested ball, who has a worse effective disposal average than Danger is Cunnington.

Yes Dangers contested work is elite, but his disposal is not. He just looks all shiny and can do amazing things at times. More often than not he is just a decent player.

There are plenty of superstars who never won a flag. Winning finals requires 22 players, and does not qualify one player as a superstar.

Dont get me wrong, I love Danger... I think he is amazing to watch when on song. But I also am not blinded by his great acts so much that I dismiss the poor ones. I think he is behind Talia, Jacobs, and possibly even Crouch and Smith for what they contributed this season in the games they played. Sloane is line ball, and potentially behind Walker too but his season was largely effected by injury.

Thought Danger played very well against the hawks in the prelim, especially in the last qtr.

Thought Danger played very well against the hawks in the prelim, especially in the last qtr.

Remember everyone around town saying he was sensational in the Hawks game and really tried to get us over the line.

Still he hasn't dominated a final like Tex has. Ripping apart Freo singlehandedly - damn that was a good night.

I would say Pavlich is a superstar and his performance was the difference between Freo winning and losing a Grand Final. He had some company but he had an ordinary day.

Very harsh on Pav's grand final. Wasn't spectacular but 3.1 and a goal assist was a very very solid performance in a low scoring game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dangerfield: What's up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back