Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

God I hope it's us

We've already got Maric, are close to singing Neil Craig as a development coach, I bloody hope we can get Dangerfield as well.

Pick 14, Compo Pick and a pick out of Connors/Morton/Thursfield

Which Melbourne based club?

Very surprised that he wouldn't nominate Geelong

Let's hope "Melbourne" based is being very literal, cause that would rule Geelong out!!

Look I'll believe this when I see it, still think he'll be at Adelaide next year - he's contracted and it would take a hell of a lot to get him away from there.

Having said that, if it comes to pass that he is on the move - I think whoever get's Neil Craig would have to be in the box seat!! So get it done Tigers!!

I'd be happy to do Pick 14, Compo Pick and a player - for Dangerfield, Maric and Craig!

Don't get me wrong, But I heard from a friend's sister's boyfriend's aunt's grandson's gay lover's random public toilet block that Danger wants to move to.... :rolleyes:

He is contracted, all reports he loves the AFC and very happy here.

See you all back next year for the all new rumors of "Random Crow wants to go home!" :D

I think Danger is a jet and is likely to explode all over the AFL shortly - as soon as he builds his fitness base and gets the consistent run in the midfield.

In interviews he certainly has made noises that he loves his hometown and you would think if he could orchestrate a move to Geelong he would be keen. The Crows wouldn't be, though, and fair enough.

God I hope it's us

We've already got Maric, are close to singing Neil Craig as a development coach, I bloody hope we can get Dangerfield as well.

Pick 14, Compo Pick and a pick out of Connors/Morton/Thursfield

Thats funny as all the papers are reporting he is Melbourne bound

Dangerfield is a dead set gun. I would have him at Brisbane any day. Tough, versatile and quick. He had a bad year, but the Crows had a rotten year. He probably just broke down as a result of the tough pre season Neil Craig lumped on them. Name a player in the game other than G.Ablett Jnr, who really shone in a dodgy side. Hypothetically, if he was to go he's worth a best 22 player and first rounder. But he won't.
P.S. @Stratton_Gun, Schoenmakers and a 2nd rounder is way off the mark. Schoey cant handle the top level.

wonder how free agency in 12 months is going to affect things this year.

Ie Dangerfield - in 12 months on contract expiry, he is an unrestricted free agent and id say in the top 25% of earners at the club? If so, have I read it correctly that he can walk, and the AFL then determines a compo?

Not sure what is worse for Adelaide, him walking now (and they can get something meaningful in return), or him deciding to stay until his contract expires, which coincides with free agency.

Ie Dangerfield - in 12 months on contract expiry, he is an unrestricted free agent and id say in the top 25% of earners at the club? If so, have I read it correctly that he can walk, and the AFL then determines a compo?

Not sure what is worse for Adelaide, him walking now (and they can get something meaningful in return), or him deciding to stay until his contract expires, which coincides with free agency.

AFL.com.au said:
THE AFL has confirmed it will introduce various categories of free agency from 2012 for players who have served eight or more years at one club.

Dangerfield isn't eligible for free agency

Dangerfield is a deadset game breaker. You can't measure what he gives us on stats alone. He's the player who throws himself into a contest, grabs the ball and either shovels it out to a teammate or shrugs off the tackle and runs away with it.
He's the fastest player on our list, and probably the best contested player.
He can outrun Stephen Hill and tear down the wing and kick a goal.
Put him in the midfield and he can create clearances out of nothing.
Get Jacobs tapping it down to him already with a head of steam and see if you can catch him. Then see if you can bring him down if you do catch him.
He can take on the man on the mark and blow straight by him.
Sure, you'd want more than 14 possessions per game from him, but now Craig is gone, he will actually be played through the midfield, where he can do what he does best. Not waste away in our shambles that we call a forward line.

Dangerfield was drafted in 2007. He won't be eligible for free agency until 2015 at the earliest - and even then he'll probably be a restricted free agent until 2017.

Nothing to worry about at all. He loves the Crows and he's not going anywhere - free agency or otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

free agency only applies to those that have been their a minmimum 8 years, i doubt Dangerfield has been their that long. And in that case he becomes a restricted free agent when the Crowes have the right to match any offer nominated by another club, if they match he would have to stay.

If on the other hand he is a 10 yearr veteran he is unrestricted and can move to his club of choice.

Danger is neither of these, Goddard is, Danger NO!!!

Dangerfield is a gun, the problem is if he doesn't get consistancy into his game he will end up a Sylvia type player. Smash a few games apart a year, teasing the fans and leave them wondering how good he could be if he could do it on a consistant basis

Dangerfield is a gun, the problem is if he doesn't get consistancy into his game he will end up a Sylvia type player. Smash a few games apart a year, teasing the fans and leave them wondering how good he could be if he could do it on a consistant basis
I don't consider Dangerfield a gun for the very reasons you've listed. He's a dynamic burst player with the ability to impact a game in 5 minutes and disappear for the rest. Couple that with his suspect kicking and kamikaze approach to football and he's a veritable time bomb.

I have a feeling his trade value would be worth more to Adelaide than his actual production.

I don't consider Dangerfield a gun for the very reasons you've listed. He's a dynamic burst player with the ability to impact a game in 5 minutes and disappear for the rest. Couple that with his suspect kicking and kamikaze approach to football and he's a veritable time bomb.

I have a feeling his trade value would be worth more to Adelaide than his actual production.

You're right, he's no gun...yet. He's 21, and barring injuries, I think it's a matter of time before he is considered a Gun!

The thread isnt about whether dangerfeild is a gun, he certainly is. Its about whether hel be up for trade.

I have heard so many of these rumours about port players and they have all turned out false. Danger will be there next year

he will stay for another couple of years at least, unless someone offers up a really early pick and a quality young player who wants to go back to SA, would love him at our club but it wont be happening.

Dangerfield isn't eligible for free agency

Yep, for some reason I thought the 8 years was the restricted/unrestricted bit but its not. Makes it interesting for players like Goddard though.

he will stay for another couple of years at least, unless someone offers up a really early pick and a quality young player who wants to go back to SA, would love him at our club but it wont be happening.

Adelaide would only give him up if he asks to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back