Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield won't leave. He doesn't want to be in Melbourne, he wants to be home. His home is Mogg's Creek (on the Great Ocean Road) which is 30 minutes the other side of Geelong. He grew up in Mogg's Creek and spent a fair bit of time in Geelong (i.e. for school). In other words, its a fairly decent hike to a Melbourne club - realistically closer to two hours depending which club. Melbourne isn't home. So the issue here is that if he is that home sick, travelling two hours each way every day isn't going to cut it. With all due respect if he is the type of guy who loves laid back life of Mogg's Creek - he would hate the bustling city life of Melbourne.

The issue is also that Dangerfield is contracted for next season which means a good deal would have to happen and its likely the club he wants to go to isn't going to get high draft picks or trade a raft of players for him. Geelong have shown an unwillingness to trade premiership players and Adelaide are playing hardball on Tippett and refusing to trade him. This makes trading Dangerfield to Geelong almost impossible.

The next issue is that his value to Geelong is significantly less than what it is to the Crows. This make its very difficult. For example, I can't see Adelaide jumping at Geelong's first rounder, their Ablett selection (the pick after their first rounder in the next four years) and even a young South Australian like George Horlin-Smith chucked in. Thats probably as good as a team like Geelong could offer (if they would offer that which I'm not convinced they would chuck in George Horlin-Smith). Adelaide will want more than anyone is prepared to offer.

For those reasons, a Dangerfield trade is basically impossible. I think if Dangerfield is insistent on getting to Geelong, its the type of case that the AFLPA would challenge to bring down the CBA. Adelaide will want more than Geelong can offer and Dangerfield would have substantial reason to nominate only Geelong as his club. I can see this as the type of case that goes through courts to get all AFL players free agency.

Ha, yeah can't see Patty going anywhere but. Involves himself in a ton of off-field voluntary club stuff. But you never know, a lot will depend on our on field success....with a lot of our players.

Dangerfield's productivity doesn't match the hype - But there were promising signs in later in the season when moved into the midfield.

That's been the problem really. He's constantly been alternating between being a forward and a midfielder. We were told this was because he didn't have the tank for playing in the midfield, but he certainly didn't seem to have any problems in this regard when playing there in the later part of the season. Hopefully, with the new coach, he'll be made a permanent midfielder and work himself into the role and some consistency.

I thought this guy just re-signed recently or something? Or said he was about to? :confused: Surprised there's this much trade talk about him.

He signed a 2 year deal at the end of the 2010 season, so he's contracted until the end of next season.

There has been bugger all talk of anything happening within Adelaide. It all seems to stem from the Melbourne media.

Trading Wellman allowed us to bring Darren Jarman home. Which champion ex-pat South Australian do you see us bringing home in Dangerfield's place?

All true Vader, I don't see Dangerfield leaving.

But the statement was that Patrick loves Adelaide

My reply was that so did Sean Wellman

just saying is all

Trading Wellman allowed us to bring Darren Jarman home. Which champion ex-pat South Australian do you see us bringing home in Dangerfield's place?

Cooney, but you'd need to throw in your compo pick...

Dangerfield is a dead set gun. I would have him at Brisbane any day. Tough, versatile and quick. He had a bad year, but the Crows had a rotten year. He probably just broke down as a result of the tough pre season Neil Craig lumped on them. Name a player in the game other than G.Ablett Jnr, who really shone in a dodgy side. Hypothetically, if he was to go he's worth a best 22 player and first rounder. But he won't.
P.S. @Stratton_Gun, Schoenmakers and a 2nd rounder is way off the mark. Schoey cant handle the top level.

Scott Thompson

Cooney, but you'd need to throw in your compo pick...

I was all for trading for Cooney earlier.... Until:

1. His knees are shot
2. Not for Danger, even with good knees.

If Danger can put all his attributes together, he'll be a superstar. He's not there yet, but we saw glimpses after Craigy's departure which saw him get more midfield time

No trading Patty! I'm hoping this year is the year he shines under a coach who will use him correctly.

And if he does have that breakout season and IF he wants to be traded, we'll get some real value for him

But i want him to stay!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to Essendon seen at soho workshop with Hurley and Zaharakis. If you want proof look at bomber tv on YouTube and watch video bombers prepare for brownlow and it's about 1.10 in. Can't post it as on my phone atm.
:p yes I'm having a laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back