Vic Daniel Andrews Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

The title suggests it will look at Federal, States And Territories.
Yet the article also states... "While the scope of the COVID-19 inquiry is wide, two areas that the government said it will not look at are "actions taken unilaterally by state and territory governments" and "international programs and activities assisting foreign countries".

So what exactly will it look at from a State and Territory level? How they interacted with the Feds????

Yet the article also states... "While the scope of the COVID-19 inquiry is wide, two areas that the government said it will not look at are "actions taken unilaterally by state and territory governments" and "international programs and activities assisting foreign countries".

So what exactly will it look at from a State and Territory level? How they interacted with the Feds????

My guess is a deep dive into National cabinet decisions.

My guess is a deep dive into National cabinet decisions.
That would be a pretty narrow scope compared to what actually happened during the pandemic. How many health orders were uniform across the country?

Fanciful to try and sell that as anything other than a review of National Cabinet. It has basically nothing to do with what States and Territories actually did.

I'm tipping this one will be completed, final report handed down, and we'll probably never hear about it.

I honestly don't know why they would bother with this farcical review that has aptly been labelled a protection racket.

We can be assured of one thing, though, Dan will come out of it Scott-free and all the blame will be sheeted to the Morrison Government (and LNP NSW government).

We saw, or should I say didn't hear "boo" from Albo over the Commonwealth Games fiasco, so don't expect Dan to be asked any hard or incriminating questions

Expecting a similar review to the Western Bulldogs this off season.

I think there are legitimate questions about one level of government investigating another level of government. I'm not entirely surprised.
someone should tell bridget ..... or, get the preacher man to whisper gently into simon bensons ear (but only if he can fit it in between his current happy clappy church tour)

Wide ranging, but not wide enough to look at unilateral actions taken by specific state governments?

WTF is this????

Because it’s designed to entirely look at the failings of the Morrison government and nothing else.

Because it’s designed to entirely look at the failings of the Morrison government and nothing else.
So much for more transparency with the new federal government. This is a monumental waste of time and resources if the scope doesn't extend to what the states actually did (outside of what was agreed to at National Cabinet).

So much for more transparency with the new federal government. This is a monumental waste of time and resources if the scope doesn't extend to what the states actually did (outside of what was agreed to at National Cabinet).

They COULD under the scope look at the states going it alone outside of national cabinet directions and the differences in outcomes.

But Albo has no intention of running an enquiry that could be damaging to Andrews a year out from an election.

Plus his merry band of sheep would just tell everyone to move on and ignore all past failures whilst launching all out assault on the already ousted former PM…

They COULD under the scope look at the states going it alone outside of national cabinet directions and the differences in outcomes.

But Albo has no intention of running an enquiry that could be damaging to Andrews a year out from an election.

Plus his merry band of sheep would just tell everyone to move on and ignore all past failures whilst launching all out assault on the already ousted former PM…
And for Dan to have already embraced the inquiry tells me a conversation like this has already been had:

Dan: "Let me be clear! If anything my government or I did in 2020-2021 is raised and criticised, or if I'm asked questions I don't like, someone will pay".

Albo: "Mate, you have my word. This won't be about us..."

So in regards to the public housing towers they are knocking down in Melbourne, take it to the bank the following will occur

Who ever is tendering for it will do it for x hundreds of millions, and a clause will be they get part of the land to build a few private residences say 25:1 ratio

Said developer will cry poor due to costs blow outs and renegotiate a better ratio 20:1, by the time it’s finished it will end up being 5:1 at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in regards to the public housing towers they are knocking down in Melbourne, take it to the bank the following will occur

Who ever is tendering for it will do it for x hundreds of millions, and a clause will be they get part of the land to build a few private residences say 25:1 ratio

Said developer will cry poor due to costs blow outs and renegotiate a better ratio 20:1, by the time it’s finished it will end up being 5:1 at best.

If the libs were to get in they’d be on the phone making the offer within a month

Maybe they considered it a bit harsh to go after states that had to take over once the Border Force clowns folded their hand and ran away.

I think there are legitimate questions about one level of government investigating another level of government. I'm not entirely surprised.

For starters.....an inquiry enacted in Federal parliament cannot compel members of a State House to appear.

Maybe they considered it a bit harsh to go after states that had to take over once the Border Force clowns folded their hand and ran away.
Then call it what it is, a targeted political review.

All this ALP handwringing is pretty inconsistent with their pre-election mantra of improving the level of political discourse. If you're going to review something, do it properly. At present this just looks like a monumental waste of time and resources.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Daniel Andrews Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back