Past Daniel Bradshaw (1996-2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Chronology.

Signed Fev in trade week.

Bradshaw quit after trade week went into draft.

I think it was more the 3 years and lots of money for a star who was not likely to last the life of the contract.

Hope Braddy can make it. I'm sure he will be warmly welcomed by all his team mates. Time to move on I think.
Wonder what sort of reception Aka will get?

Bradshaw's knee flares again
  • Todd Balym
  • March 10, 2011 12:00AM
SYDNEY spearhead Daniel Bradshaw has suffered another setback with his chronic and degenerative knee injury raising fears the veteran full forward will struggle for consistent football again in 2011.

The degenerative injury is proof why Lions coach Michael Voss aggressively pursued Brendan Fevola during the 2009 trade week, a move which subsequently sent a disgruntled Bradshaw to Sydney for free via the preseason draft.

While Voss's recruitment of Fevola was a total failure for their club, his 17 games and 48 goals for the
Lions last year is still significantly higher than Bradshaw's output for Sydney on the field.

danielbradshaw.jpg

Some very honest and fair comments in that article. The Fevola trade was horrific in the end and we significantly overpaid both in the trade and contract BUT there was some logic in the idea of replacing Bradshaw. Bradshaw's body was never going to last and, with what we knew about his body, we were never going to match the deal Bradshaw got from Sydney.

Some very honest and fair comments in that article. The Fevola trade was horrific in the end and we significantly overpaid both in the trade and contract BUT there was some logic in the idea of replacing Bradshaw. Bradshaw's body was never going to last and, with what we knew about his body, we were never going to match the deal Bradshaw got from Sydney.

Gotta feel a little for Longmire.

Not me. They paid overs for him, so I'm happy to see them suffer the consequences.

*shrug* I guess I see it as Roos committed Horse to it and he has another coupla years for probably very little return.

Don't get me wrong, I'm feeling a teensy bit of schadenfreude, but mostly just sadness at the whole situation.

2001 premiership reunion

''I haven't had much to do with Vossy or the club to be honest. I wouldn't be able to head up there this week anyway if I had wanted to go, because I am hoping to play before round one,'' Bradshaw told SEN radio. ''To be honest with you, I probably wouldn't have gone up next week anyway.''

Yeah I don't see how we're suffering. If we went for Fev, on the other hand...

Please leave the simple minded comebacks for the Bay. Fev not working out for us isn't relevant to whether or not Bradshaw is working out for you.

Please leave the simple minded comebacks for the Bay. Fev not working out for us isn't relevant to whether or not Bradshaw is working out for you.

Talk about simple minded, you didn't comprehend my post at all.

Brisbane were never going to go for Fevola and keep Bradshaw, it wasn't going to happen. In the end going with the Fevola option has done a lot more harm than good, whereas sticking with Bradshaw would have kept harmony within the club and given you more hope of keeping players who should be the future of your club.

You announce that you're happy that Bradshaw is struggling to get on the park but then act high and mighty when someone points out that you'd be far better off had you stuck with Bradshaw even if he never plays another game. I am aware DB used the option of returning to Victoria a number of times to get the contract he wanted but he also repaid the Lions with top service and that's what he's paid to do.

In the end Voss and Co. took a huge risk on someone who is a proven disaster in a desperate grab at glory, and it didn't matter who they cast aside to get their man. Sydney didn't do anything wrong and Bradshaw didn't do anything wrong, so to say that you're happy about either party suffering consequences is childish and bitter to say the least.

I hope I never see you complaining when anyone takes pleasure from the serious issues your club is now facing.

Happy that a former club champion is struggling, Bay 13 indeed.

You announce that you're happy that Bradshaw is struggling to get on the park.

I hope I never see you complaining when anyone takes pleasure from the serious issues your club is now facing.

Read the post again - it was about Sydney paying overs for Bradshaw and now suffering the consequences - I doubt if any Lions fan is happy (but not surprised) to see Daniel struggling with injury as he did during his last couple of years in Brisbane.

An inveterate poster such as yourself must have noticed the multitude of posts on many threads taking pleasure at the way the Fevola trade backfired on the Lions and their recent woes on and off the field...water off a duck's back now .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about simple minded, you didn't comprehend my post at all.

Brisbane were never going to go for Fevola and keep Bradshaw, it wasn't going to happen. In the end going with the Fevola option has done a lot more harm than good, whereas sticking with Bradshaw would have kept harmony within the club and given you more hope of keeping players who should be the future of your club.

You announce that you're happy that Bradshaw is struggling to get on the park but then act high and mighty when someone points out that you'd be far better off had you stuck with Bradshaw even if he never plays another game. I am aware DB used the option of returning to Victoria a number of times to get the contract he wanted but he also repaid the Lions with top service and that's what he's paid to do.

In the end Voss and Co. took a huge risk on someone who is a proven disaster in a desperate grab at glory, and it didn't matter who they cast aside to get their man. Sydney didn't do anything wrong and Bradshaw didn't do anything wrong, so to say that you're happy about either party suffering consequences is childish and bitter to say the least.

Happy that a former club champion is struggling, Bay 13 indeed.

No doubt we would have been better off (or less worse off) with Bradshaw than Fevola. But none of that has anything to do with what we were discussing - whether or not he has been good for Sydney.

I never said Sydney did anything wrong, but if we lose out because you offer one of our players a contract above market value, then I make no apologies for hoping it doesn't work out. If you think not wishing opposition players the best makes one childish and bitter then you are either a wet fish or a hypocrite.

Bradshaw back on track
3:38 PM Tue 12 Apr, 2011

SYDNEY Swans full-forward Daniel Bradshaw will resume light running this week after having scans on his troublesome right knee.

Physiotherapist Matt Cameron told sydneyswans.com.au in his weekly injury update that Bradshaw's knee had settled down and that they would progress slowly with his rehabilitation.

Still no real words in there to say if he'll play again or not. Sounds like a very tentative process that could still go bad at any time.

Another op for Braddles?

SWAN Nick Malceski's successful return from a knee injury has been soured by speculation forward Daniel Bradshaw might need another operation on his right knee.

Bradshaw played two games after Round 7 of last season as he battled persistent knee problems and has had another pre-season plagued by the injury.

His teammate Jude Bolton said on Triple M Bradshaw might have had another setback.

"He's maybe going to have an op next week. I'm not sure, we'll wait and see," Bolton said.

Surely he'll retire at seasons end or will be delisted.

But according the the BigFooty main board, Bradshaw is still a huge loss to Brisbane.

Unfortunately a lot of the media garbage feeds the public perception surrounding the Bradshaw/Voss thing. Without fail, this year, I've had the Bradshaw conversation with people on the bus & train on the way to & from our games. In every single case I've had to lay out the facts after they've opened up with the 'Voss has a lot to answer for re: Braddles' line. It gets quite tiresome having to tell fellow supporters stuff about their own damned club, just to stop them turning on it.

He's contracted until the end of 2012 so probably not delisted. :D

He'll be pushed into retiring I guess IF he is contracted until the end of 2012 and that isn't just BF inuendo.

He'll be pushed into retiring I guess IF he is contracted until the end of 2012 and that isn't just BF inuendo.

A bidding war appears to have broken out for the services of Brisbane Lions forward Daniel Bradshaw, with the Sydney Swans and Carlton set to offer three-year deals worth up to $1 million.

Swann said Bradshaw would be offered a three-year deal that would likely touch $1 million.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...aw-with-1m-threeyear-deals-20091018-h2hv.html

Retiring means they have to pay him out under this year's salary cap, which they can probably afford.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back