Daniel Cross vs Jobe Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it was a corky plus his ankle.
He went alright last week though.
But if you're judging who's better out of that game.. then good for you.
Hille had 27 possessions 30 odd hitouts 3 goals on Dean Cox who had 11 possies I think.
Based on those two going head to head then Hille is better...
Fact is Watson IS a better player than Cross.

Cross is a better Footballer than Watson. Bummer supporters can believe whatever they want to believe, over the past few games, Cross has shown how important he can be in the center.

Think it was a corky plus his ankle.
He went alright last week though.
But if you're judging who's better out of that game.. then good for you.
Hille had 27 possessions 30 odd hitouts 3 goals on Dean Cox who had 11 possies I think.
Based on those two going head to head then Hille is better...
Fact is Watson IS a better player than Cross.

Fact is Watson has been inferior over his career, but his improvement in 2009 has made his output closer to Cross.
Cross after a fairly ordinary season by his standards is now getting back to his best.

Watson after a career best season still inferior to Cross and well behind over their respective careers..

Cross is a better platyer atm but watson is closing the gap and could be the better player at the end of the season. He still needs a lot of work on his foot disposal.
Nice prediction ey? Watson ahead of cross for sure. :thumbsu:
LOL at the comments made by some people at the beginning of the thread.

Fact is Watson has been inferior over his career, but his improvement in 2009 has made his output closer to Cross.
Cross after a fairly ordinary season by his standards is now getting back to his best.

Watson after a career best season still inferior to Cross and well behind over their respective careers..

Cross is two years older than watson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHAT!!!! Watson is 24 and age where players tradiionally start to come into the peak of their powers. Cross has been at that age for 3 years.

So perhaps Daniel Cross should market the potion that allows him to be 24 for 3 years.

Watson now needs to produce when he gets the quality stoppers playing against him as he will get more attention in 2010 than he did in 2009.

Judging from the form that Jobe has displayed this year, i am inclined to say that Jobe's potential is a lot higher, however he will need to maintain his current level, or hopefully improve, for the next couple of years to be regarded as a better player than Cross at the end of their careers.

Both players still can't kick over a jam tin, and thus, will never EVER considered 'elite' ...

Nuff said.
Greg Williams says otherwise.

The old "Watson can't kick" argument doesn't hold much weight any more, champ. Get with the program, he's an outstanding ball-winner with a solid kick and top-notch handball.

So perhaps Daniel Cross should market the potion that allows him to be 24 for 3 years.

Watson now needs to produce when he gets the quality stoppers playing against him as he will get more attention in 2010 than he did in 2009.

And I'd buy some. Pretty sure my point remains though. Seems most neutral supporters are now saying Watson.

He's been getting plenty of attention this year, more than Cross has ever had because he is our best midfielder. Please correct me if I am wrong but I would think Cross would rarely if ever be tagged as you have other midfielders that are far more damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back