Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

When will Daniel Curtin play his 3rd game?

• Sometime during Rounds 17-20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What on earth are you talking about? He looked happy for the kid as you obviously would be.

When Nicks put Curtin forward in the last quarter, is the theory here that he was hoping he wouldn't kick any goals?
Happy for 1 second then had a look of oh fuuu

Curtin just doesn't waste possessions. He isn't getting a heap of it at this stage, but what he does get is quality. Safe as houses whether he goes by hand or by foot, and makes good, quick decisions.

Once he can get his possessions into the high teens or more he's going to be a serious weapon.

Happy for 1 second then had a look of oh fuuu

Nah don't see it at all. He's clearly happy, he's not jumping up and down like they won the flag but you have to be so far down the rabbit hole of convincing yourself Nicks has some sort of personal vendetta against one of his players to see him as unhappy in that moment.

The players are clearly delighted as well. It's a great moment.

Nah don't see it at all. He's clearly happy, he's not jumping up and down like they won the flag but you have to be so far down the rabbit hole of convincing yourself Nicks has some sort of personal vendetta against one of his players to see him as unhappy in that moment.
Interpretations
The players are clearly delighted as well. It's a great moment.
Agreed. They were very happy for the lad - great to see

Love the lads getting around him. I really think Dan is enjoying his teammates/the club. Based on nothing more than body language and blind optimism.
Yeah I’ve seen nothing really to suggest the opposite

Nothing like JHF complaining about ice baths and liking pro-Port posts on Instagram

The look on Nicks’ face after Curtins’ goal was priceless. A mixture of resentment, anger, resignation, consternation, constipation and a few other ations. It was like Curtin proved him wrong for not playing him earlier and now it’s going to be very hard for Nicks to drop or sub him for the remaining two games.

Yeah, nah. He was just happy for him.

Having that extra string to his bow of being able to drift forward will make the case for playing Curtin in the midfield much easier for Nicks. He loves having midfielders rotate into the forward line.

The look on Nicks’ face after Curtins’ goal was priceless. A mixture of resentment, anger, resignation, consternation, constipation and a few other ations. It was like Curtin proved him wrong for not playing him earlier and now it’s going to be very hard for Nicks to drop or sub him for the remaining two games.

Hahahahahaha never change BigFooty, never change.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s a lot to like, think he’ll be a great player.

but he is pretty slow.

Hopefully it’s the knee holding him back a bit, otherwise we’ll need to use him in roles where his opponent can’t run off him.
I think he’ll build his agility a bit over time. Will never be express pace, but neither were / are either of Fyfe or Cripps.

With Laird now FINALLY gone from the midfield (surely Nicks won’t go back to that well now), Berry likely on his way out at season’s end (just reeks of a trade), Crouch probably with only a couple of years left, and with Rankine’s electric speed plus Soligo’s zippiness now a long-term feature in our midfield mix, Curtin slots in nicely I think.

Nankervis, Cook and Edwards can add a bit more zip through there in the coming years too (with Edwards still an INSIDE mid prospect with genuine toe, which would be perfect for us).

Draper or Lalor looks like the ideal next cog to add through this year’s draft. Both have real explosiveness and it seems very unlikely that BOTH will be off the board, with the likes of Smith, Trainor, Smillie and O’Sullivan all genuine top 5 prospects.

I thought he looked real good up the wing tonight, and obviously dangerous in the forward line during a pumping. Still a bit lost in the midfield, but seems to play defensively, ie not off the leash, look forward to him getting the confidence and licence to play mid, but there's a best 18 spot until he's ready.
A full AFL preseason training full time with the midfield group will be great for his development and set him up for a big year next year imo

I don't think I've seen Curtin show even the slightest emotion the entire year, until he kicked a couple of goals and then you couldn't wipe the smile off his face!

I guess coming in the expectation is he has to do something to justify his high pick and in the short few sweet minutes he has actually played he hasn't done anything that announces himself. Kicking a goal off out marking Liam Jones, a kick that was splitting the middle off the boot, hard not to feel relief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’ll build his agility a bit over time. Will never be express pace, but neither were / are either of Fyfe or Cripps.

With Laird now FINALLY gone from the midfield (surely Nicks won’t go back to that well now), Berry likely on his way out at season’s end (just reeks of a trade), Crouch probably with only a couple of years left, and with Rankine’s electric speed plus Soligo’s zippiness now a long-term feature in our midfield mix, Curtin slots in nicely I think.

Nankervis, Cook and Edwards can add a bit more zip through there in the coming years too (with Edwards still an INSIDE mid prospect with genuine toe, which would be perfect for us).

Draper or Lalor looks like the ideal next cog to add through this year’s draft. Both have real explosiveness and it seems very unlikely that BOTH will be off the board, with the likes of Smith, Trainor, Smillie and O’Sullivan all genuine top 5 prospects.
Superb post!

Just imagine what could have been if Nicks brought Curtin on earlier last week against Geelong and he did this in that last quarter.

Ahhhh is it just me or does anyone else think Curtins game wasn’t that spectacular? Scored one decent-ish goal with a contested mark, and another completely unmarked in absolute junk time…

Outside of that he had 11 disposals, and looked OK, particular with his quality by foot.

A good game, but this ‘Dan Curtin’ has arrived is a bit laughable, if he wasn’t shoved forward in the last Q we would have said he’d had otherwise unremarkable game

Spent most of my time today watching Curtin. He is definitely a little slow and maybe doesn't have running patterns down yet, but his use of the ball is quality every time. He will get more of the ball with time and experience. His kick is elite and can take a grab. Nice to see us persist with him at CBAs even if he isn't winning the ball much, and with Tex going off he was swung forward and made a difference. He also got into space a few times but didnt get the next possession.

Just persist with him, him kicking his first goal was genuinely exciting and made me jump out of my seat. Play the lad, no more subs, no more sanfl, persist.

There’s a lot to like, think he’ll be a great player.

but he is pretty slow.

Hopefully it’s the knee holding him back a bit, otherwise we’ll need to use him in roles where his opponent can’t run off him.
You're not picking a 197cm player for their foot speed

Ahhhh is it just me or does anyone else think Curtins game wasn’t that spectacular? Scored one decent-ish goal with a contested mark, and another completely unmarked in absolute junk time…

Outside of that he had 11 disposals, and looked OK, particular with his quality by foot.

A good game, but this ‘Dan Curtin’ has arrived is a bit laughable, if he wasn’t shoved forward in the last Q we would have said he’d had otherwise unremarkable game

You deserve a team full of Lairds, Murphy’s, and McHenry’s.

Come onnnnn, where are the whingers? I know at least 80% of you deplorables hated that win because it reduced the chances of a top 5 Pick…

Come on lads, out of the woodwork! Tell us all the negative stuff you’re feeling
Found 1!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

Back