Whitten Oval

Debutant
Nov 24, 2007
Altona
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Victory,Everton
Now before i have a bitch id just like to say im so excited about this years chances. The club is going places on and off the field which brings a smile to my face everyday. $13 for the flag is fantastic odds and i think we should all have a crack at that!

Unfortunately im gonna cop it for what im about to say which im happy to receive but i really need to get this out of my system and have my own kind explain how they feel about this bloke.

"GIA" as we know him has really made my blood boil over the past few years! This bloke has been talked about as a replacement captain for Johnno-FFS! What has he done to get his name up in lights. Can anyone tell me what is so fantastic about him and how he is a leader at this club. He is not hard at it(dont give me crap about the Kosi bump cause he wasnt looking the clutz) he looks scared most times when in tight situations especially big games, kicks useless goals in the last qtr when the horse has bolted ie: North game last year, hangs around packs like a sheepdog! The Sydney final last season was the final straw for me! This bloke has played some fantastic games for us in the past and has won a few games off his own boot for us too but i feel that he should of followed his ****** mates Wallace and Brown over to Shitmond because they could do with a few more heartless wally woofters like him!!! I like bulldogs playing for this club not sheepdogs Ive had enough....and i know it was a NAB cup game Friday night but he was making Cam Wight look good! :thumbsdown:

Wow. Just wow. Please hand back your platinum bigfooty supporters club card and leave.

We are all entitled to our own opinion...thats what bigfooty is all about!! Am i wrong? Now whether you think im an ass for saying that or not please tell me some positives about this bloke and why he should be up in lights as a future captain of this club mate?

We are all entitled to our own opinion...thats what bigfooty is all about!! Am i wrong? Now whether you think im an ass for saying that or not please tell me some positives about this bloke and why he should be up in lights as a future captain of this club mate?

Ok, fair enough, everyone can have an opinion. But contrary to popular belief opinions can be wrong. Just like Hitler(And he said it with as much blind hatred as you). Giansircusa might not be the best player in the team but he's certainly in the best 22 and when it comes to leadership he's probably in the top 3. You can't gage leadership without knowing the dynamics of the group - so I'll just state that as a fact for you.(Or go down to the club yourself, grab anyone down there that will listen and ask them who are the best 3 leaders at the club)

As for Gia as a player, well last season was a great year for him. Especially coming off a partial ACL tear. Sure he missed a few shots in the first pre-season, NAB, meaningless game where each team were missing at least 5 of their best players but normally he's a highly reliable kick. Even had the vision to score a nice assist.

He was one of the only players trying his ****ing guts out when we got pole-axed by the Hawks in the first final. 25 disposals including a whopping 11 marks and 2 goals. In our loss against Adelaide he was once again one of the only contributors amassing an outstanding 32 touches on hostile turf. He had the 5th most tackles at the club last year behind, Cross, Boyd, Morris and Hahn - all tough nuts. He's more then just a down hill skier.

But the important thing here is - You sound like a tiger supporter. Eating your own. Of all the fringe and iffy players we have(and they are getting less) you pick a bloke that works harder then anyone else. A bloke that AFL supporters are finally noticing and yet here you are pretending it's bloody 2003 again. Can we trade you to Richmond?

I am not sure why people have it in for Gia, I am a huge fan of his. He is all class. Last season he would have averaged approx. 24 disposals per game kicked some great goals for a total approx. 25 for the season and is always in the leading few in the league for Goal assists. One of our best no doubt and one of the first picked each week.

Ok, fair enough, everyone can have an opinion. But contrary to popular belief opinions can be wrong. Just like Hitler(And he said it with as much blind hatred as you). Giansircusa might not be the best player in the team but he's certainly in the best 22 and when it comes to leadership he's probably in the top 3. You can't gage leadership without knowing the dynamics of the group - so I'll just state that as a fact for you.(Or go down to the club yourself, grab anyone down there that will listen and ask them who are the best 3 leaders at the club)

As for Gia as a player, well last season was a great year for him. Especially coming off a partial ACL tear. Sure he missed a few shots in the first pre-season, NAB, meaningless game where each team were missing at least 5 of their best players but normally he's a highly reliable kick. Even had the vision to score a nice assist.

He was one of the only players trying his ****ing guts out when we got pole-axed by the Hawks in the first final. 25 disposals including a whopping 11 marks and 2 goals. In our loss against Adelaide he was once again one of the only contributors amassing an outstanding 32 touches on hostile turf. He had the 5th most tackles at the club last year behind, Cross, Boyd, Morris and Hahn - all tough nuts. He's more then just a down hill skier.

But the important thing here is - You sound like a tiger supporter. Eating your own. Of all the fringe and iffy players we have(and they are getting less) you pick a bloke that works harder then anyone else. A bloke that AFL supporters are finally noticing and yet here you are pretending it's bloody 2003 again. Can we trade you to Richmond?

Butane you sound like a Melbourne supporter!! Always defending the weak links....."Oh hes alright leave him alone" I tell you right now that this bloke is a liability and time will tell you Butane ( i think you have inhaled too much Butane) that GIA is no good!!! Just because your a good bloke around the club doesnt mean you should be part of the leadership group or captain!! You have to be able to play football and this bloke is a passenger who will cost us a flag goose!!!

Enough said :thumbsu:

Im also a big fan of Gia... I watch all the replays after going to the games, i dont think ive seen him pull out of a contest, definently not soft...

Enough said :thumbsu:

Im also a big fan of Gia... I watch all the replays after going to the games, i dont think ive seen him pull out of a contest, definently not soft...

We have the best list we have ever had at this club and we should be challenging for a flag!! If supporters like you and marshmellow butane continue to accept cats like GIA or finishing 3rd or 4th every year then go and barrack for the Dees or Fremantle!!!

Butane you sound like a Melbourne supporter!! Always defending the weak links....."Oh hes alright leave him alone" I tell you right now that this bloke is a liability and time will tell you Butane ( i think you have inhaled too much Butane) that GIA is no good!!! Just because your a good bloke around the club doesnt mean you should be part of the leadership group or captain!! You have to be able to play football and this bloke is a passenger who will cost us a flag goose!!!

Are you gonna accept finishing 3rd and 4th every year with the list we have or would you love a flag like me?? Sounds like you and ya boyfriend should go and watch the mighty demons play this year!!! Have fun cheering GIAcatacusa this year!!:mad:

Did you just quote your own post to use to insult Butane and insinuate he is gay?

FAIL

Having an opinion is one thing, but the unnecessary insults to Gia and other posters and the way you displayed this opinion is another. Log off for a while, take a breather and come back when your posts are a little more mature, that's if you aren't banned already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread started a bit early this year. Bring on the 'Trade Gia', the 'Johnno's selfish' and my personal favourite the '(insert KPP who has played <20 games) is a spud' threads. Ahh the pre-season where every little passage of play is scrutinized in the one (or sometimes two if we're lucky) game we get to see for months.

I think I called it. Now all we need is a Everitt is a spud thread and we'll be deadset into this preseason.:D

Oh yeah and well done Butane everything you wrote was incredibly true. Gia was almost in all Australian form last year.

Jesus.

What a load of tripe.

Friendly reminder as to why I don't post here often anymore.

It's not even worth laying the facts out here - you don't want 'em. Your only wish is to proclaim he's soft (Which he isn't mind you) and a ...liability?

Unbelievable.

Now before i have a bitch id just like to say im so excited about this years chances. The club is going places on and off the field which brings a smile to my face everyday. $13 for the flag is fantastic odds and i think we should all have a crack at that!

Unfortunately im gonna cop it for what im about to say which im happy to receive but i really need to get this out of my system and have my own kind explain how they feel about this bloke.

"GIA" as we know him has really made my blood boil over the past few years! This bloke has been talked about as a replacement captain for Johnno-FFS! What has he done to get his name up in lights. Can anyone tell me what is so fantastic about him and how he is a leader at this club. He is not hard at it(dont give me crap about the Kosi bump cause he wasnt looking the clutz) he looks scared most times when in tight situations especially big games, kicks useless goals in the last qtr when the horse has bolted ie: North game last year, hangs around packs like a sheepdog! The Sydney final last season was the final straw for me! This bloke has played some fantastic games for us in the past and has won a few games off his own boot for us too but i feel that he should of followed his ****** mates Wallace and Brown over to Shitmond because they could do with a few more heartless wally woofters like him!!! I like bulldogs playing for this club not sheepdogs Ive had enough....and i know it was a NAB cup game Friday night but he was making Cam Wight look good! :thumbsdown:

Reading through the thread shows that your view is not shared.
Gia has been a solid and reliable contributor throughout his career, often filling roles that would not be expected of someone of his body size.

You asked for other supporters opinions, so please accept them as different to yours without resorting to attacking them for having those views.

ur a flog mate. deadset flog.

Are you gonna accept finishing 3rd and 4th every year with the list we have or would you love a flag like me?? Sounds like you and ya boyfriend should go and watch the mighty demons play this year!!! Have fun cheering GIAcatacusa this year!!:mad:

Did you see his finals series last year? He preformed better than most of the side in all three games.

What decade do you live in? still a little homophobic.

I have beaten up on Gia many times before and his overall performances prior to 2008 warranted supporter frustration.

His fitness and work ethic during games just wasn't up to standard and when we needed our generals to stand up he was nowhere to be found, no use being a club favorite when you go missing when it counts. On more than one occasion he has ducked his head with the ball flying overhead

But to make these sorts of claims after the year he had in 2008 shows one of two things, you watch our games with your eyes closed or you are a troll, either way it makes your opinion redundant.

Gia stepped up in 08, there is no doubt about it and I am the first one to admit that.

With no preseason and playing on one knee, he was by far and away one of our most productive players, if he wasn't setting it up inside fifty he was on the recieiving end.

His fitness and willingness to gut run was evident all year and you only had to watch the way he destroyed Kirk in the final to see that he is now ready to sacrifice his game and stick to a game plan for 4 quarters.

It seems he is now realising what he is capable of and that bobbing up with 3 goals in a quarter and then disappearing again is not enough anymore.

I'm looking for Gia to dominate this year, there is no excuse or reson why he should'nt based on 08.

I ind it funny how some people can bash gia. Eade and other coaches genereally rate him. Also gia is a smart player who can set up others as is shown by him normallybeing high in the league assists. Gia is my fav player along with higgins. He tries his heart out and has a love for the club. Regarding him being captain i would love that to appen. Alot of the players seem to respect him and listen to him which is what you want in a leader.

I am not sure why people have it in for Gia, I am a huge fan of his. He is all class. Last season he would have averaged approx. 24 disposals per game kicked some great goals for a total approx. 25 for the season and is always in the leading few in the league for Goal assists. One of our best no doubt and one of the first picked each week.

For the amount of disposals he gets does not cause enough damage on the opposition!

80% of the time chokes when it's a close match in front of goals.

In our best 22, but I think he is over rated. Like a lot of players he needs the team firing to really play well, his not on his own though.

However, fingers crossed he has a good 2009

My old man is a long time avid Doggies supporter like myself, and Gia is one player he continually has issues with. While I don't necessarily agree with him on all counts, I do note that he can shirk a contest and can go missing for extended periods. That being said, we both agree he is ever reliable with the ball in his hands and generally his goal kicking is good, but will not captain the Dogs. Cross for us.

If this thread has been brought up due to the NAB cup game, then I don't agree. But it did reinforce my opinion of Cam Wight and Skipper. Skipper I believe deserves to stay on our list as a utility. Is quite reliable, can fit a few roles and shows heart. Cam Wight has been on our list for many years now, and as much as I'd love him to finally take the next step, his lack of composure will inevitably hold him back. Skills are reasonable, height and mobility is good though ability to read the play, compose, make the right decision and execute, majority of the time ends in turnover and as the NAB game showed, turnovers that end in goals to the opposition.

Sorry to sway from the topic at hand, but after re watching the tape it is evident Cam will be dropped at contract end... and with the inclusions of the recently drafted talls, unless Skipper becomes more consistent and effective he may follow Wight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Giansiracusa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back