Daniel Gilmore 08?

Remove this Banner Ad

and hopefully, this year

*crosses fingers*

We will get the respect we deserve!!

As you would well know respect is earnt, it does not come for free.

I hate to be that one (;)) but we had a 5 game winning streak in early 2003. I think it was the first time we ever won more than 2 in a row.

Not surprised it was you esti, but if it wasn't you it would've been Ripper, or IP, or......

Funnily enough, the fact it was in 2003 reinforces the consistency bit - the two years you have managed to put together a decent string of wins, you have made the finals.

Happy shone in the WAFL consistently, and after a few stutters, he eventually shone in the big league as well when the chips were down.

I would also question your reasoning in labelling him purely as a HBF, HFF and ruck option.

I think that the kid will make an ideal big bodied mid myself:thumbsu: Some of his second effort work after the tap were exceptional last year!

I guess time will tell if Gilmore will make it as a bona fide midfielder. The fact that he was opposed to a 200cm ruckman most weeks made him look good inside the square last season IMO. If his ball winning ability was top notch he'd play purely as a midfielder for South's but even at WAFL level he tends to play an outside game.

I hope you're right though.

he's not in my best 22 ATM

Sandi and big knockers have the ruk postions sewn up and I have Palmer ahead of him for a HF/wing position. also Peake will be back from a long lay-off and Des is supposedly going to spend more time in the middle

At this stage of year there should be no one in the side. You play pre-season matches and the side is built based on form.

All official pre-season matches are yet to be played and I fail to see why people are already predicting form of players. The variables are very different with a new coach comes a different game plan. Some it will suit well, others it wont.

New Wallabies coach Robbie Deans sums it up beautifully when he says he'll throw egos out the window and start from scratch.

Gilmore has been knocked in the past as being one of those players that is uncoachable, however Harvey has worked pretty hard on him over the summer and he seems to be responding well to him.

Just got of skynet with the Brockinator....
He said it's cool to give Gilmore another shot seeing as he really started to hurt the oppositons in games late last year.:thumbsu:
That is all....;)

As you would well know respect is earnt, it does not come for free.

Not surprised it was you esti, but if it wasn't you it would've been Ripper, or IP, or......

Funnily enough, the fact it was in 2003 reinforces the consistency bit - the two years you have managed to put together a decent string of wins, you have made the finals.

We've done 5 in a row twice actually... not sure which other year it was but I'll get back to you on that one. :)

Consistency though has always been a problem - other than that 9 game winning streak in 2006, I think I'm right in saying you have never one more than three games in a row. (No doubt one of you will remind me if I'm wrong).

I hate to be that one (;)) but we had a 5 game winning streak in early 2003. I think it was the first time we ever won more than 2 in a row.

We've done 5 in a row twice actually... not sure which other year it was but I'll get back to you on that one. :)

2005 .

We did 4 in a row in 2004

Oh dear, what have I done.:eek:

I'll just run away and hide for a while after that effort.

It might pay to check first in future, I guess.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was in our top 22 end of '06 until he did a hammy.

Made our team early in '07 and got the sacrificial lamb treatment.

Personally i couldnt believe how many supposedly knowledgeable posters caned him for doing no worse as far decision making or spraying a kick than the rest of the team.
The maggots also where on his case every time he looked an opponent he gave a free away.
CC went down the popularist path and dropped him.

As of this year he should be fully developed mentally and physically. He is big, strong, quick, has spring, can take a grab and kick long, being a lefty is also a bonus.

Did ok in the Brownlows iirc.

Top 22 for mine.:thumbsu:

I see Gilmore as a poor mans Goodes, has tonnes of potential yet hasn't delivered.
If Harvey backs him in this year, then maybe he will take the next step

C'mon Roundy, get those meds into you and show some love :)

For Gilmore? I want to see him well, I really do.

I just think that placing Goodes-like (even poor mans Goodes-like) expectations on a 25 year old who has been in system so long is raising the bar a bit too high.

15 or so solid games in 08 would amount to Gilmore's best season so far. I thinking expecting any more, is expecting a bit too much.

I guess we can only hope though.

Not really relevant to the discussion, but seeing as Dan's-the-Man in question, here's a great photo of him in action. :thumbsu:

14092.jpg

Not really relevant to the discussion, but seeing as Dan's-the-Man in question, here's a great photo of him in action. :thumbsu:

14092.jpg

I notice that you haven't offered an opinion on this topic IP.

As you are our Queen, and one our most respected posters, this humble serf requests your judgement on the young man in question.

Very nice photo as well Your Majesty.

If I may be so bold, it reminds me of when I used to play.

Only I was generally about 2, make that 3, feet closer to the ground than our Happy and about 5% as fit with 3% of his skills.:(

Forgive me your grace for my indulgence.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Gilmore 08?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back