win1soon

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man u
Daniel jackson out of contract and wants alot more then what is being offered Damien barrett on the footy show. I would trade him in a heartbeat for a suitable pick or player.

If true, definitely ship away. Jackson is not a required player. Good player, serviceable player, but not required.

It's a short list anyway.

Alex Rance
Jack Riewoldt
Tyrone Vickery
Dustin Martin
Trent Cotchin
Brett Deledio
Nathan Foley
Chris Newman

Barring first year players, I don't think there are other players we 'need' to hold onto.

Didn't see the show. Did Stevens give any clues how it would play out? Does he expect them to come to an agreement, or did he suggest Jackson may end up in the PSD?

This kinda ties in with another thread I posted in TCH.

Didn't see the show. Did Stevens give any clues how it would play out? Does he expect them to come to an agreement, or did he suggest Jackson may end up in the PSD?

This kinda ties in with another thread I posted in TCH.

Just said his along way from getting the deal done.

Was actually Barrett who said it. Said they Richmond's offer was miles away from Jackson's request. Nothing about PSD.

No way Jackson & Morton gets us anywhere near O'Meara. Would we get a mid 2nd rounder for him? Or is he more likely a 3rd? He's not very good this year but lets see if we can pump him up by calling him an A-Grader with elite skills :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was actually Barrett who said it. Said they Richmond's offer was miles away from Jackson's request. Nothing about PSD.

No way Jackson & Morton gets us anywhere near O'Meara. Would we get a mid 2nd rounder for him? Or is he more likely a 3rd? He's not very good this year but lets see if we can pump him up by calling him an A-Grader with elite skills :D

Yea... Wishful thinking on my part...

I reckon he could be a good pick up for GWS, big hard body to protect the youngins.

I reckon he could be a good pick up for GWS, big hard body to protect the youngins.

And that's what it comes down to. Does he want to be included in building an RFC legacy around a quality midfield, or does he want to get paid overs for getting absolutely pummelled to allow a bunch of 17 yo's to develop.

He's been a great servant and representative of the club (with-out being a stand-out on the field). It would be a shame to see him walk out just for money.

Then again, the life of an AFL footballer is limited, and regardless of his cerebral capabilities he may not have much choice if given the option.

Joke is on the AFL with their system for compo picks if GWS take him. He would be top 10 highest paid players I would imagine as well as finishing highly in B&F's :D An end of first rounder would be very nice Dimwittio :D

In terms of a trade we may get their 3rd rounder at best. Maybe a switch of 2nd rounders on top if we are lucky.

Would be happy with either deal to be honest.

always thought at years end theyd look at grigg, jacko, tuck and slops and 2 would be traded or delisted. Grigg always most likely to stay. Prob make it pretty easy if Jacko is asking too much as all pretty much all similar and tucky prob best option on current form.

I would be VERY surprised if Jackson was being saught by GWS, he just doesn't fit in with what they are going after in terms of both age and quality, and for his particular role I think Tuck is a better option.

The treatment of Tuck would make any player nervous. The Tuck situation has shown that even if you are in the best 22 you aren't guaranteed to play. So why wouldn't he want to cash in while he still can?? Also It might not be all about the cash... I'd guess it's more about length of contract.

The treatment of Tuck would make any player nervous. The Tuck situation has shown that even if you are in the best 22 you aren't guaranteed to play. So why wouldn't he want to cash in while he still can?? Also It might not be all about the cash... I'd guess it's more about length of contract.

Your suggesting he'd expect more than 1 year ?? If so definitely not , his decline in the last two seasons , has been dramatic .

If true, definitely ship away. Jackson is not a required player. Good player, serviceable player, but not required.

It's a short list anyway.

Alex Rance
Jack Riewoldt
Tyrone Vickery
Dustin Martin
Trent Cotchin
Brett Deledio
Nathan Foley
Chris Newman

Barring first year players, I don't think there are other players we 'need' to hold onto.

I'd say both Newman and Foley are available at the right price. Grimes is certainly one we have to hold onto probably Griffiths as well. Post and Astbury deserve more time when you consider Rance and Vickery wouldn't have made this list last year.

wont go to GWS as tuck has already signed from all reports! hence why tuck hasnt played in the ones much this season! Jackson prob will go pre season draft and get drafted as a filler or a depth player for a carlton, essendon or freo, maybe bulldogs! clubs wont trade for anything decent. a club will get him cheaply in the pre season draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back