Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Santa just acknowledge he was one of our better players in a good game against quality opposition . It didn't prevent me from cringing every time he got near the contest in anticipation of a stupid free kick or errant disposal , but he was very good .

Whilst he was better, to say he was one of our better players stretches it. It really does. He was okay, a pass mark for sure, did some good things for a change but I think if we laud a player for being reasonable shows the issue.

Anyway, I will leave it at that, Jackson is a hot topic and I am now over it. I will be back on it if he survives the list cull at the end of the year though ;)

Whilst he was better, to say he was one of our better players stretches it. It really does. He was okay, a pass mark for sure, did some good things for a change but I think if we laud a player for being reasonable shows the issue.

Anyway, I will leave it at that, Jackson is a hot topic and I am now over it. I will be back on it if he survives the list cull at the end of the year though ;)

He played a defensive role and his opponent had no influence , he won't be cut at season end , he is in the first season of a 2 year contract .:confused:

Blah. One of his best games since 2008 and he was still ordinary IMO. That's about the best we can expect from him and it's highly unlikely he'll start reaching even that merely serviceable level every week after nine seasons in the AFL. Let him use that much vaunted "bigger body" of his to protect the cubs at Coburg , so at least that ludicrous two-year extension isn't a total waste.

Santa just acknowledge he was one of our better players in a good game against quality opposition . It didn't prevent me from cringing every time he got near the contest in anticipation of a stupid free kick or errant disposal , but he was very good .

this is a symptom born out of a totally useless player upping the ante a little to just plain useless..it automatically puts him in the best, because he wasnt what he owns, the worst...He was shit, he played a negative role on a player that in essence was playing a negative role himself...and each time Hackson had a possesion it was the same again as we have become used to, an auskick kid would excute it better...****ing embarrasing to actually watch him kick a footy...;)

I actually thought he played a lot better yesterday than he has all year - not that that would be hard! I think the week off has helped. This doesn't take away from the fact that he should probably still be moved on but at least he did play better

It's cos he isn't trying to do anything with the ball.

He finds himself on the end of a chain or receiving outside the pack and he waits till he can handball on to someone else.

Helbig or Arnott will push him out of the team by the end of the year but at least now he isn't hurting the team. He is at least making a contribution.

It's cos he isn't trying to do anything with the ball.

He finds himself on the end of a chain or receiving outside the pack and he waits till he can handball on to someone else.

Helbig or Arnott will push him out of the team by the end of the year but at least now he isn't hurting the team. He is at least making a contribution.

Good pick up...and i reckon the same thing is happening with Nahas...

I reckon the Coaches have finally got through to these players...play within your limitations...do the team thing and let the more skillfull players ie Cotchin take the opposition on...

I'm thinking the penny has finally dropped for these two...maybe Edwards/White will follow as well..

Was pretty good yesterday. Like when he gets up forward and makes a contest. Had a few link up passages on the wing.

The thing with Jackson the past few weeks is that he hasn't made blunders that have cost us. However he still makes blunders just through not being as quick to do something with it when he gets the ball.

Someone else said he has been told to just give the ball off to a team mate rather than 'do' something with it. I'm not sure whether that is the message he's been given or just coincidence, but I can live with that plan.

Didn't do anything to get himself dropped from the team, as much as i'd rather someone else be taking his spot.

every player makes mistakes and kicks badly from time to time. He just needs to keep the brain fades and poor turnovers to a minimum. If he can play within his limitations and give the ball to the better users whenever possible, he will be worth keeping in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He s holding his spot right at the minute and throwing the challenge to those out of the side to play him out....least of our probs

and here i was thinking arnot had had already done enough to play him out i suppose he will just have to play him out again.

sheesh 4 or 5 times in our best 2 at coburg and i thought webberley had done enough to get a game if not at jacksons expense.

servicable is about as best i can sum up his game this week an awful lot is being left to 5 or 6 with 5 or 6 if not passengers battlers slowly wearing those guns down because the work load week in week out is just to much.

Thought Jackson was good yesterday sans the idiotic 50 metre penalty.

Seriously laughing at Arnot outplaying Jackson suggestion. Arnot would be dead on his feet by the half if he tried to keep up with Jacksons workrate. It's a building year for the kid and hopefully he will sneak a game or two when Ellis/EdwArds needs a rest but the biscuit has a way to go before he is afl ready.

On a serious note, i was talking with Rusty. I was talking about the Richo show that had screened on 7 that morning. They showed the bombers game with Richo and his buggered cheek. And we spoke about Jacko's game on the hff. He kicked 3 and looked good. I wonder if everything old is new again.

On a serious note, i was talking with Rusty. I was talking about the Richo show that had screened on 7 that morning. They showed the bombers game with Richo and his buggered cheek. And we spoke about Jacko's game on the hff. He kicked 3 and looked good. I wonder if everything old is new again.

I was thinking the same thing. Also watched an old Freo game from that same season where he performed well. I'm a big critic of his but he played well yesterday and the 50 he copped was very harsh.

He should never be more than 10-15 metres away from either Cotchin, Deledio or Martin to:
(a) give them the protection they need
(b) get the ball into their hands when it happens to fall into his

He's been passable the last couple weeks for a decent AFL players standards. Good by his standards. Smart of Hardwick to keep him away from the midfield. Well, maybe not very smart as that would be not playing him but the best of a bad situation. Last year he was a liablity in the midfield evidence by his worst in the league clearance differential of -63 when he was in at centre bounces. His midfield days are over.

We desperate need a classy, skillful midsized forward clearly evidenced by Jackson getting a game up there. That is also a reason why we use Deledio, Cotchin and Martin so much up there rotating. That is by need. We don't have this player.

He's been passable the last couple weeks for a decent AFL players standards. Good by his standards. Smart of Hardwick to keep him away from the midfield. Well, maybe not very smart as that would be not playing him but the best of a bad situation. Last year he was a liablity in the midfield evidence by his worst in the league clearance differential of -63 when he was in at centre bounces. His midfield days are over.

We desperate need a classy, skillful midsized forward clearly evidenced by Jackson getting a game up there. That is also a reason why we use Deledio, Cotchin and Martin so much up there rotating. That is by need. We don't have this player.

my sentiments exactly very ordinary footballer is daniel how much better off would we be if we had a well rounded player in his place. pretty simple question with only one answer.

keep him up forward/ half forward, creates a contest and a stronger body and a place where his blunders arent going to cost us a goal 10 seconds later

nah. It's time to develop Arnot. Jacko to Coburg, don't be fooled by a mediocre game, he isn't the future.

Every time I visit this board santa claws is talking up Jackson and Edwards. It's unfathomable.

BTW, respect at the Richmond Board having a scapegoat thread tag. That's awesome :D

Every chance O'Hanlon can be that player in the future. Not this year probably. I think we only need 1-2 small forwards. O'Hanlon and King OR Nahas. We get enough goals from Grigg, Dusty, Lids, Cotch, Foley which is just great. I like the 3 versatile talls going forward. On Jackson, wing/half forward is cool for the time being. That's the role I envisage for Helbig anyway.

Every chance O'Hanlon can be that player in the future. Not this year probably. I think we only need 1-2 small forwards. O'Hanlon and King OR Nahas. We get enough goals from Grigg, Dusty, Lids, Cotch, Foley which is just great. I like the 3 versatile talls going forward. On Jackson, wing/half forward is cool for the time being. That's the role I envisage for Helbig anyway.

I'd really like to see O'Hanlon get a run before the year is out if he keeps getting 20 touches a game at Coburg. I'd love to see him drive into the pre season with a taste of senior footy. The kid is such a smooth mover and will be a big part of our forward line in years to come.

I wonder what sort of a year DMac would be having if he wasn't an emergency and actually got a taste of senior footy in the final round of last year.

It's not giving games away it is development .

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back