Rumour Daniel Rich open to leaving the Lions... next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs can smell the wind that there won't be any FA compensation next year. Maybe that is why Rich may be 'open' to a trade.

Clubs can smell the wind that there won't be any FA compensation next year. Maybe that is why Rich may be 'open' to a trade.
You're probably on to something. Hypothetically, if clubs became aware that FA compensation was being removed next year then I dare say teams like Brisbane (Rich) and Melbourne (Watts) would look to offload their upcoming free agents through a trade while they can get compensated for them.

Or maybe we're already seeing it? Yarran and Redden were set to become free agents in 2016.

Rich would have to be at his lowest value, does he stick around for another season and hope to produce decent footy again to get a good new deal with the Lions or leave on a good FA deal?

Not sure he has much value at the trade table right now.

Rich would be the icing on the cake for a west coast or freomantly. Go close to being top 5 in both teams. For us i hope he sticks around. As mentioned in the above post he is one who benefits heavily from a performing side. I think his life is in qld though but thought the same with redden. Nothing will surprise me these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a player at the Lions who actually wants to be there?
I know you're hurting over everyone wanting to leave, but try to see that it was simply asking a question relevant to the discussion

BigFooty 101: If you ask stupid questions, you'll get stupid answers.

Is there a player at the Lions who actually wants to be there?

Bell, Walker, Jansen, Beams, Christenson, Robinson.

Not to mention those that have extended their contracts this year. Lewis Taylor, Daniel McStay, Darcy Gardiner, Nick Robertson, Tom Cutler, Jonathan Freeman, Ryan Harwood, Harris Andrews.

That's 14.

And those that may soon join. Schache, Keays, Hipwood, Whitecross, Bastinac.

That'll make 19. So that's nearly half the 2016 list at least.

Any other questions?

I know you're hurting over everyone wanting to leave, but try to see that it was simply asking a question relevant to the discussion
Not really hurting. Havent lost anyone this trade period we cant cover. Our Ins arent the best but they will be servicable. I just didnt think your one line comment added anything decent to the previous 5 posts. But then again neither did mine.

BigFooty 101: If you ask stupid questions, you'll get stupid answers.

Not really. See, Roylion just gave me a straight up answer which I'm grateful for. I wonder why you couldn't you do the same? There's obviously players who want to be there and I wanted to know who they are. Taking my question as implying that no player wants to be there is your issue, not mine.

Bell, Walker, Jansen, Beams, Christenson, Robinson.

Not to mention those that have extended their contracts this year. Robertson, Gardiner, Cutler,

And those that may soon join. Schache, Keays, Hipwood, Whitecross, Bastinac.

Any other questions?

Cheers mate. So 9 players, roughly a quarter of your list want to be there. Its a good start.

Not really hurting. Havent lost anyone this trade period we cant cover. Our Ins arent the best but they will be servicable. I just didnt think your one line comment added anything decent to the previous 5 posts. But then again neither did mine.

Since when does asking any question ever add anything to the discussion? It's the answers a question generates that do, of which your answers didn't add much.

Not really. See, Roylion just gave me a straight up answer which I'm grateful for. I wonder why you couldn't you do the same? There's obviously players who want to be there and I wanted to know who they are. Taking my question as implying that no player wants to be there is your issue, not mine.

Cheers mate. So 9 players, roughly a quarter of your list want to be there. Its a good start.

Your question was, " Is there a player at the Lions who actually wants to be there?" You didn't ask who they were. Perhaps you should have given your original post a bit more thought.

Your question was, " Is there a player at the Lions who actually wants to be there?" You didn't ask who they were. Perhaps you should have given your original post a bit more thought.

I see your point, but its pretty obvious that question leads to which players want to be there. If you're getting caught up over the wording of a question it probably speaks more of your negative feelings toward the subject matter rather than the question itself. All I see is Lions fans still anxious over players wanting out after so many have already left. Getting defensive about the issue doesn't change the reality either, which is that more then half your list doesn't want to be there. It is what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Daniel Rich open to leaving the Lions... next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back