Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

GC can take a bit of a hit giving pick 5 for Rioli it's overs but who really cares, they get Lombard anyway and have FOUR academy kids the next year. As for who is worth more, depends on the guarantee you get from Snith and his knee. At his best I'd rate him the highest but I'm hesitant picking guys off knees. Rioli is a gun, it's one or the other. Bolton for me is the icing on a very good side

Remember that time Richmond over paid for Prestia and had everyone laughing at us…. Pick 6 in the 2016 draft.
Some times you have to pay overs for something you need and something you know you’ll get.
Is anyone now debating if a 3x premiership player who was instrumental in all those flags was worth pick 6???

Was Boyd at the dogs worth it in the end?

Remember that time Richmond over paid for Prestia and had everyone laughing at us…. Pick 6 in the 2016 draft.
Some times you have to pay overs for something you need and something you know you’ll get.
Is anyone now debating if a 3x premiership player who was instrumental in all those flags was worth pick 6???

Was Boyd at the dogs worth it in the end?

Plenty of them too, you want to win flags who really cares if you pay an extra lets say 2-3 picks. They are getting Lombard anyway for cheap. GC should be about how do we go from lets say 10th for arguments sake (they aint making finals) to a top 6 side next year. That shoukld be the minimum enough is enough, Rioli wins you games you can literally play him anyway, mid, forward and half back, he'd work off a wing too. Brings a glut of experience not just on the field but off field too. Who cares if it's pick 5 to get him, people get all worked off about picks, if you get a bloke at pick 5 better than Rioli you've done ULTRA well.

Plenty of them too, you want to win flags who really cares if you pay an extra lets say 2-3 picks. They are getting Lombard anyway for cheap. GC should be about how do we go from lets say 10th for arguments sake (they aint making finals) to a top 6 side next year. That shoukld be the minimum enough is enough, Rioli wins you games you can literally play him anyway, mid, forward and half back, he'd work off a wing too. Brings a glut of experience not just on the field but off field too. Who cares if it's pick 5 to get him, people get all worked off about picks, if you get a bloke at pick 5 better than Rioli you've done ULTRA well.

Yep and GC has to promise this group that theyll have success or they’ll start leaking players again.

But I don’t want to loose Rioli and hope he stays.

Yep and GC has to promise this group that they now have success or they’ll start leaking players again.

But I don’t want to loose Rioli and hope he stays.

Probably weirdly makes sense for Richmond as you get a almost a mini draft before Tassie

Pick 1
Pick 5 (Rioli)
Picks 9/10 (Bolton who knows there but just for arguments sake)

You can get two top 5 mids, plus maybe the best key tall forward maybe even the best KPD if you get both of Freo's selections.

Probably weirdly makes sense for Richmond as you get a almost a mini draft before Tassie

Pick 1
Pick 5 (Rioli)

You can get two top 5 mids, plus maybe the best key tall forward maybe even the best KPD if you get both of Freo's selections.

I’m torn between going nuclear and loosing Rioli, Bolton and Baker … or loading up on a Draper, Smith, Langford, FOS, Ried, Lalor, Armstrong, Trainor, Travaglia, etc…. It really looks like one of those quality drafts you get every 5-10 years.

If we can nail this draft our rebuild might be quicker than most people think,

I’m torn between going nuclear and loosing Rioli, Bolton and Baker … or loading up on a Draper, Smith, Langford, FOS, Ried, Lalor, Armstrong, Trainor, Travaglia, etc…. It really looks like one of those quality drafts you get every 5-10 years.

If we can nail this draft our rebuild might be quicker than most people think,

Yep look it's sort of a do you or do you not moment. I honestly have no idea which way I'd go. Personally and I guess it's taking a bob each way, I'd trade one and keep the other one. If it's pick 5 for Rioli I'd do that, keep Shai (unless the Freo pick is able to be higher)

Also Rioli would be looking at a long term career.. potentially back in the NT.. having a carrot of a development role with GCs NT academy kids would also be very attractive.

Pick 1
Pick 5 (Rioli)

It's an incredible result if we can make it happen. Lose two best 22 players, free up an additional two spots through retirements so far and get to replace them all with 4 X top 10 draft picks. I would probably want though to trade something out into next year though because ideally it's 3 X top 15 draft picks over two years with 2 being in the 1-2 range. Nail all those and add it to the proven players we still have on the list and things are looking good.

Should've stopped here. Because this...

...does absolutely nothing to support your argument. Many good players haven't won premierships, and many worse players have won multiple.
Rioli is clearly a superior player to Houston. Running half backs with speed and skill aren't easily found.
You should stop denigrating Rioli who is a integral, celebrated 3 times premiership player who is still young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Dimma wants Dimma gets
and he really doesnt give a damn what picks are paid

Dimma will get his foster child dan and Richmond will get pick #8 and if GC want Richmond to pay Dan's salary they will offer up another pick.

Draft picks and kids is what GC dont need

At least a top 7 pick.

OK, so you reckon I think he's worth at least a top 7 pick, but I apparently don't understand his worth?

I guess that means you think he's worth significantly more than that? How much would I think he's worth if I did understand his worth?

Hmm, can you tell me what I think he’s worth?
Saad was uncontracted and not as good a player prior to getting to Carlton
Think thats about his value but if GC want some of the contract paid by Richmond then it all depends on the amount

Richmond could pay 50% of his contract for the next 4 years if they want to include the extra 1st rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back