Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

under the new cba I dont think 700k is even that big a deal for either club. We've got new contracts to get done next year but we're also about to have a Bailey Smith sized hole in the slary cap in case nobody has noticed. Can't see us being under too much pressure.

That said I'd rather see Jack somewhere playing regular footy

I wouldn’t have a clue just going by what the media have said that it’s not a salty cap issue

I mean it does hit one of the taste sensation. Now all that's left is the spicy cap the, the bitter cap, the sour cap and the sweet cap

under the new cba I dont think 700k is even that big a deal for either club. We've got new contracts to get done next year but we're also about to have a Bailey Smith sized hole in the slary cap in case nobody has noticed. Can't see us being under too much pressure.

Would you like seeing him play for Melb?

Herald Sun 2024 figures from last weekend:

Naughton - $1m
Bont - $1m
Treloar - 950k
English - 900k
Macrae - 700k
Daniel - 700k
Dale - 700k

There's $6 million.

The 2024 salary cap is $15,788,222.

Then you've got Darcy, JUH, Libba, and 34 other players to cover.

Ain't no way your cap is under no pressure.

Naughton - $1m
Bont - $1m
Treloar - 950k
English - 900k
Macrae - 700k
Daniel - 700k
Dale - 700k

There's $6 million.

why on earth would Trreloar be taking 950 of cap when for starters collingwood are still paying a bunch of his salary

why on earth would Trreloar be taking 950 of cap when for starters collingwood are still paying a bunch of his salary
ok, fair enough, they're paying $1.5m over 5 years, so you're paying Treloar ~650k a year.

even still, that leaves an average of about 250k a year for each of the remaining 30 players in your squad. its SFA mate.

ok, fair enough, they're paying $1.5m over 5 years, so you're paying Treloar ~650k a year.

even still, that leaves an average of about 250k a year for each of the remaining 30 players in your squad. its SFA mate.
Even if their list is semi-accurate I'm not sure we stack up that much different to most other clubs in it anyway. Having a quick browse through.

We're also pretty old, we're going to have money coming back into the pie soon enough via Libba, maybe Treloar in a couple. Jones etc

Next year we'll be looking at a decent raise for Ed Richards. Possibly a huge one for Darcy, and there's not a lot else pressing us after signing so many this year

Even if their list is semi-accurate I'm not sure we stack up that much different to most other clubs in it anyway. Having a quick browse through.

We're also pretty old, we're going to have money coming back into the pie soon enough via Libba, maybe Treloar in a couple. Jones etc

Next year we'll be looking at a decent raise for Ed Richards. Possibly a huge one for Darcy, and there's not a lot else pressing us after signing so many this year
All I'm saying is that I can't imagine you're in a position to be spending 700k a year on a bloke who spends half the year in the VFL.

Its not worth a salary dump, but I think other parties would have their eyes open to the fact it's better the money is off your books.

Naughton - $1m
Bont - $1m
Treloar - 950k
English - 900k
Macrae - 700k
Daniel - 700k
Dale - 700k

There's $6 million.

It’s not under pressure and that has come from Sam Edmund

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not under pressure and that has come from Sam Edmund
Maybe not in 2024, but Sam Darcy's contract runs out next year.

I expect his contract will be long term and easily exceed $1m a year, and rightfully so.

JUH the year after. Reckon he'll stick around for much less than $1m a year?

Maybe not in 2024, but Sam Darcy's contract runs out next year.

I expect his contract will be long term and easily exceed $1m a year, and rightfully so.
We have Bont , Darcy and Richards out of contract next year so no doubt we will have to free some salary cap space

Plays like a pseudo tall most of his goals are from marks not crumbing
I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

I agree, it's far from ideal. i dont think anyone wants that much money sitting in the vfl/sub vest
It's a salary dump, not because you can't take on his salary, but that it's a poor allocation of your TPP on a resource that has been identified as surplus and not prioritised in front of others.

We have Bont , Darcy and Richards out of contract next year so no doubt we will have to free some salary cap space
Bont probably not looking at a pay increase really though. He's already got it
The other money we might need is trying to get JUH to sign early or extensions for guys like Freijah, Sanders but they wont take effect until later anyway

Would be happy to get both Parker and Macrae to add some decent experience.

Not sure we beat the saints out on this one. Trade value is an interesting element given the contract.

700k-ish x 3 ain't no biggie so long as you're playing him most of the time.

Problem for WB is, they weren't, so it was a poor allocation of their salary cap. See also Caleb Daniel.
They weren't playing Macrae most of the time? He missed the early games due to preseason injury but still played 19 games for the season.

They weren't playing Macrae most of the time? He missed the early games due to preseason injury but still played 19 games for the season.
Also playing him out of position, and with talented highly drafted youngsters not being able to even make the emergency list. You've moved last him, and the industry knows it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jackson Macrae [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back