Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

The second silkiest player on our list, some would say the silkiest. Smoother than Pendles maybe?

“Daniel was ranked number one in the competition for score assists, he was in the top ten per cent for kicking efficiency and averaged four inside 50’s per game. These are elite qualities and, of course, his ball use and decision making have always been of the highest order,” Hine said.

Addresses a few areas we are lacking in.

Great pick up if he can bring that quality across to the pies

The second silkiest player on our list, some would say the silkiest. Smoother than Pendles maybe?
To the eye he will look smoother then Pendles, but you have to remember how efficient Pendles is.

Scott was the number one midfielder in the AFL for efficient ball use (whatever ball use indicator CD use) of the top 50 rated AFL mids this year.

3 years, 1.5 million for Wells is fine too, it's not the 1.8 million that the normal media have been running with. 500k a year on average is unders for a player of his calibre.

Very happy to add Wells to our team.

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread or the forum (... did a quick search and nothing came up)

Check out .... "2016: Daniel Wells - The Road to Round One (A special feature)"

Listen to the omen at 5:49 :D

No doubt he has talent and we do need a top layer of experience with high end class. The reality is, over the next 3 years given his age and injury history, if we get 70% playing time (as he will be rested) for each year it will be recruiting genius (and luck).

Welcome Wellsy! Seems like a lovely bloke and family man. Can't wait to see more "Jackie Chan" goals!!! :thumbsu:

I'm excited by the prospect of watching Wells next year. Just hoping that he reaches 300 games.
If he plays 300 games for us we'll he'll be the new boomer

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread or the forum (... did a quick search and nothing came up)

No doubt he has talent and we do need a top layer of experience with high end class. The reality is, over the next 3 years given his age and injury history, if we get 70% playing time (as he will be rested) for each year it will be recruiting genius (and luck).

Welcome Wellsy! Seems like a lovely bloke and family man. Can't wait to see more "Jackie Chan" goals!!! :thumbsu:

Good stuff.
Looks to gave good values, funny thing when they are family settled, nice wife, kid(s) they seem to avoid all sorts of trouble.
I'm really going to like him, I'm sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had two semi serious IMPACT injuries, as well as the normal run of things.

Hardly injury prone.

Swanny is pissing on his legacy basically bragging bout taking drugs

Just saw him say Mick didn't suspend him after getting caught drinking when he wasn't meant to. While Bucks did suspend him when he got caught drinking.

Just shows you that Mick let them get away with everything.

To the eye he will look smoother then Pendles, but you have to remember how efficient Pendles is.

Scott was the number one midfielder in the AFL for efficient ball use (whatever ball use indicator CD use) of the top 50 rated AFL mids this year.

3 years, 1.5 million for Wells is fine too, it's not the 1.8 million that the normal media have been running with. 500k a year on average is unders for a player of his calibre.

500k a Year is a Good Price.

Great to getting a Player who can Actually use the Ball at a High Level

Tbh I've been wanting Wells at Collingwood for 5 years. Now I have this vision of him running through the middle and delivering lace out to Moore or Faz of Billie. We haven;t had a player with Wells speed and disposal since Barry Price. Frankly I don't care about the 3rd year. ALl being well teh next 2 will be worth it. And having listened to him speak to Sarah Allen I sense he's the humble sort. I don;t mind that at all
This. Great post.

Ps extra kudos for the Barry price notion. Exactly

This is a great recruit for us, stoked! He instantly makes our midfield more dangerous. He adds a new dimension with his run, carry and disposal skills. And he comes at no draft expense.

Anyone think his move is based on the sacking of the players before the finals ?

Apparently so. North offered two years, but after that could Wells trust Norf? So it did have an impact, apparently.

2 year 500k deal with an optional 3rd year based on games played (I.e. 2018 games played).

Nice.

Is that confirmed? I would be very happy if that is the deal.

I am happy to have Wells at the club, ad think he addresses some needs in the team. (I think a few weeks ago I was one of those thinking Dal Santo could be a good fit... but in hindsight, Wells is probably a much better choice).

Only question, and particularly given its a free agent signing - is the numbers on the contract, and I really wish the AFL was more transparent with that.
For a 32 yo, I would be very unhappy if we gave him a 3-yr straight contract, and would much prefer the 2+1 (based on games played, performance markers etc.)... the actual per year salary number is a bit less of a concern for (as long as in the same range) - but would be happy for it to be 500 rather than the rumoured 600k/yr.

Is that confirmed? I would be very happy if that is the deal.

I am happy to have Wells at the club, ad think he addresses some needs in the team. (I think a few weeks ago I was one of those thinking Dal Santo could be a good fit... but in hindsight, Wells is probably a much better choice).

Only question, and particularly given its a free agent signing - is the numbers on the contract, and I really wish the AFL was more transparent with that.
For a 32 yo, I would be very unhappy if we gave him a 3-yr straight contract, and would much prefer the 2+1 (based on games played, performance markers etc.)... the actual per year salary number is a bit less of a concern for (as long as in the same range) - but would be happy for it to be 500 rather than the rumoured 600k/yr.

Confirmed by Jake Niall on Fox Footy

14705616_994953167300541_9115948090453520715_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Wells, (New role at the Club #3261)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back