Darcy Daniher

Remove this Banner Ad

i like the look of palmer, but i'm not a fan of grimes.

he looks as if he gives his all, but i don''t think his potential is anywhere near being a top 10 draft pick. i don't think he will get that much better from his current ability. he's not quick and his skills aren't great. i wouldn't want us using our 1st pick on him

it's not 100%, but his dad has said that he hopes darcy will stay in victoria and sydney haven't said that they are too interested in him. i would say we would probably get him with our third pick.

Let's just hope none of the bottom teams bid with their first pick for him, it would be just our luck to fall foul of the new rule, just like with the revised priority pick for the first time we had a bad season in 20 years.

I'd be happy enough to part with a second round pick for him.

Go the Darc!!

Let's just hope none of the bottom teams bid with their first pick for him, it would be just our luck to fall foul of the new rule, just like with the revised priority pick for the first time we had a bad season in 20 years.

I'd be happy enough to part with a second round pick for him.

Go the Darc!!

If one of the bottom teams offer their round 1 pick for him we effectively go up 1 rung in the draft order if we don't rate him that high.

darcy did some nice things yesterday, he contested well, laid some solid tackles, was calm with the ball and he was one of the few vics that could hold his head up high

Yes but he was very quiet in the second half and given the amount of ball in the WA forward line you would have expected him to see a bit more of it.
I have seen him play 5 games this year and each time he has looked solid without being outstanding . If a bidding war broke out i wouldnt be rushing in to give up anything more than a third rounder at this stage .

Sentiment is great but it wont win football matches.

The players will tell you otherwise after the Brisbane game.

How much will sentiment play a part tonight with Rama playing?

There is room for sentiment, it's not something you can use every week, but it can define a club/season.

There is room for sentiment, it's not something you can use every week, but it can define a club/season.

Forget Rama and Hirdy, i will be making the effort to go tonight to see Hislop play :p
Lets hope the extra pain killers dont make me too dilusional :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Sentiment never got a kick, mark or handpass. Leave the writing of stories to the journalists. Much as I loved Rama when he first came into the club, I believe the decision to promote him is wrong as his best footy has already been played. We should be playing kids when an opportunity like this arrives.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Sentiment never got a kick, mark or handpass. Leave the writing of stories to the journalists. Much as I loved Rama when he first came into the club, I believe the decision to promote him is wrong as his best footy has already been played. We should be playing kids when an opportunity like this arrives.

God this comment drives me up the wall...

Rama is basically a kid! he's 26 for pete's sake, has 26 all of a sudden become the new 36 or what:confused:

Don't forget he's a premiership player and second in the rising star, he's a very good player and thats the only reason why he's in!

Well they have to make a call on if he is going to be part of our plans next year so this is it. We didnt keep him on the rookie list simply to make him feel better , we kept him becasue it was felt he could come back and still play good footy at some stage.

That's because a kick is a tangible quality.

Sentiment is an intangible quality, much like leadership, it can't be measured.
Leadership and experience never got a kick either, but they're important.

I'm not saying sentiment is important, it isn't. But it can add something, something that you can feel but you can't measure.

I played in a game of footy the day after the father of a teammate was burried. The attitude of the group was completely different to what it had been all season. The sentiment of not wanting to let down a teammate lifted us to another level. Our resolve was different, our feeling was different.

Sentiment takes you out of your comfort zone.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200704/s1906523.htm
AFL amends father/son rule

The AFL has approved changes to the current father/son rule whereby a bidding system will now determine which draft pick a club must give up to secure the recruit under the rule.
Under the changes, every club in the competition nominates the pick they would use to select the player in question, and the club wishing to use the father/son rule must use its next available pick after the lowest nominal pick by other clubs to secure the player.
More than 25 current players are at clubs under the father/son rule including Brisbane's Jonathan Brown, Rhyce and Heath Shaw of Collingwood and Geelong's Gary and Nathan Ablett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Daniher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back