Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit.

If he wasn't BoG today, then he was bloody close to it.
Apologies it seems you weren't the one who thought fog was no good if he wasn't getting 14+ possessions, i have misremembered.
Fog was excellent yes, and has been most weeks since about round 8

Apologies it seems you weren't the one who thought fog was no good if he wasn't getting 14+ possessions, i have misremembered.
Fog was excellent yes, and has been most weeks since about round 8
Fog first 7 rounds: 6 goals
Fog since round 8: 33 goals

Would be good enough for 5th best in the league per game, since R8

Just on the holding the ball call. He took a mark. That's prior. As soon as you play on from a mark you have expended your prior opportunity to dispose of it.

It's umpired very similar to the old "take the ball out of the ruck" rule. If you play on, and are tackled, you must dispose of it IMMEDIATELY. Fogarty still tried to break through the tackle. Yes it's hot, no maybe they don't pay it every time, but to the letter of the law it's a free kick.

Just on the holding the ball call. He took a mark. That's prior. As soon as you play on from a mark you have expended your prior opportunity to dispose of it.

It's umpired very similar to the old "take the ball out of the ruck" rule. If you play on, and are tackled, you must dispose of it IMMEDIATELY. Fogarty still tried to break through the tackle. Yes it's hot, no maybe they don't pay it every time, but to the letter of the law it's a free kick.

There was two - I agree that was fair enough
There was another he handvalled to the ground and still got called

He went to play on, not realising that idiot team mates would run directly in his way, dragging their opponents there as well.

Get out of the great man's way, peasants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He went to play on, not realising that idiot team mates would run directly in his way, dragging their opponents there as well.

Get out of the great man's way, peasants
My post isn't a criticism of him either, it happens. If anything it's good to see him have the confidence to burst through mere mortals, even if it doesn't always work.

I bitched about him not playing to his potential, but it was another user who tied themselves to the mast of 14 touches.

Not quite Vader, not quite.

You said he was over-rated, that he had less potential than everyone thought … and that you would get him off our list ASAP. That he was a wasted list spot.

You were constantly saying that he would never amount to anything worthwhile AND that he had ordinary attributes for the modern game.

Anytime you hear Fog”s name, or see a post on it … you just need to say “I got that one totally wrong.” and not try and sugar-coat it in anyway.

I know you tried the “well if he’d played like this before I wouldn’t have had problem with him” which emphasises the entire issue most of us had with your original position.

I wish the AFC asked the AFL for a please explain for the FOG called HTB when he clearly handballed.
in today's HTB climate, where players dropping/throwing the ball out of tackles seems to be the desired action - this was a glaring miss. a real blight on the game... I've tried to explain the rules to fresh Thais/Americans over the last few weeks and it is a real... embarrassing? experience.

did he say this? not super fussed (I support this message) but I didn't hear it in the posto myself...

455072722_1046113550510734_5936162203343911845_n-jpg.2077270
I love Fog, always have and always will.

But Im not a fan of this before the game.

Remember how it ended for Burton a few years back.......

I wish the AFC asked the AFL for a please explain for the FOG called HTB when he clearly handballed.

Tbh I think the explanation is just a simple umpire error. The umpire just thought he dropped it instead of handballing it, which if he did, it was the correct decision.

Umpire called it based on what he saw in the moment and obviously got it wrong, shit happens.

I love Fog, always have and always will.

But Im not a fan of this before the game.

Remember how it ended for Burton a few years back.......

I think the difference is that when Burton did that it was clearly a party line he’d been fed and asked to say. The last few Showdowns Port have really pushed this narrative trying to manufacture some kind of emotional response for the playing group.

Fog there is just answering a question honestly and genuinely. I don’t see anything fake or forced in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

Back