Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw that car conversation with abbey thingy and the impression that i got from darcy was how hard things are for players. I'd love to hear him say that he loves the game and he can't wait for next weekend. If it's form, I just dont see what is going to motivate him to get back to his best.

I watched a lot of this video again. He spoke with most passion when he talked about outside interests towards the end.

How sad you saved all those comments to defend yourself 🤣

"I haven't..." "I haven't..."

Couple days ago pretty easy to remember absolute one eyed nonsense.

Anyway like I said in my last post we are all welcome to our opinions.

Couple days ago pretty easy to remember absolute one eyed nonsense.

Anyway like I said in my last post we are all welcome to our opinions.
What one eyed nonsense?

I said it's a team sport & we play to a system. And that system is breaking down.

If you think we are successfully playing to a system & Darcy is our only weak link, then I think you're the one talking nonsense.

But enjoy your Darcy rants. You appear to be exhilarated by it.

I saw that car conversation with abbey thingy and the impression that i got from darcy was how hard things are for players. I'd love to hear him say that he loves the game and he can't wait for next weekend. If it's form, I just dont see what is going to motivate him to get back to his best.

I watched a lot of this video again. He spoke with most passion when he talked about outside interests towards the end.

Yeah I get the impression that he has never really loved footy like most other players. One thing he can all agree on though is that he has to hand the captaincy back to Pendles or to our great white hope Nick who will be a wonderful leader. Darcy has not shown much leadership from a fans perspective.

Yeah I get the impression that he has never really loved footy like most other players. One thing he can all agree on though is that he has to hand the captaincy back to Pendles or to our great white hope Nick who will be a wonderful leader. Darcy has not shown much leadership from a fans perspective.

i'd only get him to give away the captaincy as a part of being traded. And Nick can wait a few more years. And there's no need to be mean to him foggy...he did a good job last year and he certainly helped to bring in a new era at the Pies.

How many goals were kicked on him last night? I want you to name them.

You and some other nuffies here imagine that Darcy decides each week who he plays on. Or that he’s being hidden. That’s all in your imagination.

You don’t understand the system. Darcy is placed about 25m out from the goal line and he generally has responsibility for the tall that plays in his area. It’s an attacking position and is the basis of the aggressive nature of our defensive structure.

He sometimes gets a more direct match up like when we play Carlton and he gets Curnow. Most of the time though he’s played in an aggressive position.

He’s not getting that defensive back up, particularly with the loss of Murphy. That’s restricted his offensive game to the point where his confidence is at an all time low.

So, he didn’t get a bag of goals kicked on him last night, but his offensive game of intercept marks and rebound has dropped right away. As nearly every poster including me has acknowledged, he is down on form.

But at the heart of it, our problems are still system based. Posters are blaming him for our system in regard to his positioning when that’s 100% a coaching issue. It may be that his form doesn’t warrant playing in that position but he’s still being asked to play it.

I’ll just finish off by saying how sad it is to have posters show such glee in blaming him for our current predicament and make pathetic comments about him being woke, the way he dresses, being intelligent and worst of all bagging his girlfriend.
Great post and would only add not only missing Murphy but playing with down on form Maynard, Q (although he played well last night), Nightmare Markov, Frampton is pretty much in no mans land and Noble only coming back last night. With Sidebottom, WHE and Crisp as fill ins.

I am looking at more to coaching, system and team selection.

Unpopular opinion, was there any other defenders spoiling more last night than Darcy?

When the ball comes in that much, with little pressure I think he did ok.
Thats the problem all year. Go watch Moore at his best in the first half of 2023.... he never spoiled. He took intercept marks. Last night I saw him spoil Tyson Stengle twice when he had the prime position, a bloke half his size. Why is he spoiling? Does he have a hand or wrist injury preventing him from marking? If not I do not understand what has happened, other than complete loss of confidence.

Thats the problem all year. Go watch Moore at his best in the first half of 2023.... he never spoiled. He took intercept marks. Last night I saw him spoil Tyson Stengle twice when he had the prime position, a bloke half his size. Why is he spoiling? Does he have a hand or wrist injury preventing him from marking? If not I do not understand what has happened, other than complete loss of confidence.
It's pretty obvious he's lost confidence.

Murphy used to spoil a lot.

Do we know what Roughead is telling Moore to do? I certainly don't.

No-one is arguing against him being out of form and not playing his best.

I’d suggest though he’s playing ok and doing his best and nowhere being dropped or traded or losing the captaincy or being publicly whipped for being not everyone’s idea of the “ideal man”.

No-one is arguing against him being out of form and not playing his best.

I’d suggest though he’s playing ok and doing his best and nowhere being dropped or traded or losing the captaincy or being publicly whipped for being not everyone’s idea of the “ideal man”.
I never said any of those things . The post I quoted suggested his form wasn't bad because he was having a lot of spoils , I simply pointed out for a player like Moore that was a symptom of bad form .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down on confidence. It’s having a snowball effect now too. The more his confidence drops, the worse he’s likely to play, which then further lowers his confidence.

He needs to watch the Carlton game where he took 10 intercept marks and remember what he’s capable of!

I looked at some stats site and it seems that darcy has had more spoils than harris andrews but is slightly behind in his player rating..... so it seems that he is playing ok..... you cant argue with stats.....so i'd like to apologise to him. Keep up the good work darce!!

I mean, we have people making fun of his private life, his lifestyle choices, even saying he should be traded.

It’s disgusting.

I just can’t believe that these people claim to barrack for the Pies.

I don’t believe it.

Some poster a few pages back said his girlfriend is like Yoko Ono.

That shit isn’t funny.

Why do we have to read that crap about our premiership captain?

I just don’t get it.

You and some other nuffies here imagine that Darcy decides each week who he plays on. Or that he’s being hidden. That’s all in your imagination.

You don’t understand the system. Darcy is placed about 25m out from the goal line and he generally has responsibility for the tall that plays in his area. It’s an attacking position and is the basis of the aggressive nature of our defensive structure.

He sometimes gets a more direct match up like when we play Carlton and he gets Curnow. Most of the time though he’s played in an aggressive position.

He’s not getting that defensive back up, particularly with the loss of Murphy. That’s restricted his offensive game to the point where his confidence is at an all time low.

So, he didn’t get a bag of goals kicked on him last night, but his offensive game of intercept marks and rebound has dropped right away. As nearly every poster including me has acknowledged, he is down on form.

But at the heart of it, our problems are still system based. Posters are blaming him for our system in regard to his positioning when that’s 100% a coaching issue. It may be that his form doesn’t warrant playing in that position but he’s still being asked to play it.

I’ll just finish off by saying how sad it is to have posters show such glee in blaming him for our current predicament and make pathetic comments about him being woke, the way he dresses, being intelligent and worst of all bagging his girlfriend.
It all comes

I’ll just finish off by saying how sad it is to have posters show such glee in blaming him for our current predicament and make pathetic comments about him being woke, the way he dresses, being intelligent and worst of all bagging his

What one eyed nonsense?

I said it's a team sport & we play to a system. And that system is breaking down.

If you think we are successfully playing to a system & Darcy is our only weak link, then I think you're the one talking nonsense.

But enjoy your Darcy rants. You appear to be exhilarated by it.
Here we go again
Anyone who doesn’t tow the Darcy protection company line gets served up the disloyal supporter crap

The blind mob coming in hard whenever someone queries Darcy’s form or worth to the team
Darcy isn’t the only weak link your right
He’s one of a few weak links currently and the main weak link in defence ATM
Just in front of IQ and markov
Fumbly frampton at least is competing hard
Because he’s currently a liability back move him forward or drop him

It all comes

Here we go again
Anyone who doesn’t tow the Darcy protection company line gets served up the disloyal supporter crap

The blind mob coming in hard whenever someone queries Darcy’s form or worth to the team
Darcy isn’t the only weak link your right
He’s one of a few weak links currently and the main weak link in defence ATM
Just in front of IQ and markov
Fumbly frampton at least is competing hard
Because he’s currently a liability back move him forward or drop him
What is your problem?

Not one single person has said Darcy is playing well. Not one single person has said the team is playing well.

Some of you, yes including you .. do seem to have a weird obsession with Darcy though.

My comment that you quoted was in reply to someone else bringing me back into this Darcy thread. Not the other way round. And here you go again. So who exactly is this blind mob you are referring to?

What is your problem?

Not one single person has said Darcy is playing well. Not one single person has said the team is playing well.

Some of you, yes including you .. do seem to have a weird obsession with Darcy though.
My problem is people questioning supporters loyalty because they dare call it how they see it

Not negative at all
I’m confident macrae can turn it around and have stated this on other posts
Would like to see Darcy freed up by going forward
If Howe had been ok they could have tried that

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back