Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Another day, another Moore pile on.
The vision and what we see with our own eyes doesn’t lie.
Moore has been horrible, can’t zone off, can’t play one on one and can’t get any attacking run going.
This has been all year, he has single handed made our defence unbalanced and vulnerable.
If this was Dean or Madgen before him they would have lasted 2 games max.
The personal abuse is not on obviously but the rest of the above are facts and I don’t see how the conversation can be avoided anymore.
Nobody is bigger than the club even the premiership captain.

The vision and what we see with our own eyes doesn’t lie.
Moore has been horrible, can’t zone off, can’t play one on one and can’t get any attacking run going.
This has been all year, he has single handed made our defence unbalanced and vulnerable.
If this was Dean or Madgen before him they would have lasted 2 games max.
The personal abuse is not on obviously but the rest of the above are facts and I don’t see how the conversation can be avoided anymore.
Nobody is bigger than the club even the premiership captain.
So has most of the side. Focus on one player though if you must.

I'd hope with all the assistant coaching changes this year, it would just take a bit of time to adjust, a few tweaks to the game plan, but unfortunately combined with the non stop injuries & subsequent personnel changes, you can see how it's been near impossible for any of them to build any synergy & connection.

And now it just looks like everyone's confidence is completely shot.
If i was coaching them this week it would be make or break, Moore forward with Mcstay ,Kuges chb, drop leggy ,play Reef off back flank, bring Dean back in, would be a starting point. Some of those may burn us but have to do something.Man up in defence no space watching, man up through the centre when they have the ball, we have to many sagging off around the centre which forces our defenders to come forward and the ball gets over the back all the time.

If i was coaching them this week it would be make or break, Moore forward with Mcstay ,Kuges chb, drop leggy ,play Reef off back flank, bring Dean back in, would be a starting point. Some of those may burn us but have to do something.Man up in defence no space watching, man up through the centre when they have the ball, we have to many sagging off around the centre which forces our defenders to come forward and the ball gets over the back all the time.
Apparently Dean was concussed yesterday, and McStay likely to need more VFL time.

My hope is that Howe is OK to return. Maybe even Cox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Dean was concussed yesterday, and McStay likely to need more VFL time.

Cox is a chance to come in this week. Should help Cameron out and give more height to draw defenders

People who want to blame anyone but Moore should watch this 14:10 the footage starts.

Yep. It’s what you could see live at the ground.

Just floating around in no man’s land and when he did actually have a man he’d be trailing behind by 10m+ and chasing at jogging pace.

As Kane rightfully points out, it’s not like he is having impact as the loose either. He’s right Tom Stewart, Weitering, McGovern, Sicily etc would be turning games as the loose.

Darcy meanwhile is currently an absolute liability and the weakest link in a vulnerable defensive system.

If we are supposedly being so careful with rules on avoiding concussions, how come our guys cop one just about every week?

If we are supposedly being so careful with rules on avoiding concussions, how come our guys cop one just about every week?
It’s actually absurd how many we’ve had this season alone.
I think it’s getting worse not better. Maybe it’s just how much focus there is on it now. But seems excessive now. Feel like half the side will medically retire before their time.

One can often find themselves disagreeing with Cornes but on Moore and his current malaise he's correct IMO.

It's one thing to have the luxury of your 180cm teammate having to go and play on the oppositions best key forward (WTF), it's another if you don't then take advantage of it and hurt the opposition with 8 marks and 20 disposals.

On current form a case for him being dropped could be made but give his name, title and most importantly lack of viable alternatives he cant be.

So what then? We need to try something different surely.

Tom Stewart was being targeted effectively by the opposition and his influence was down across half back.

Scott has revamped his role, given him some midfield minutes and breathed a bit of life into him and by extension the side.

The concussion to Dean has all but ruled out switching him forward but if Howe is available I'd be using him in the role Moore has been occupying and set Moore the task of trying to blanket a specific forward/s for the day, get him back to feeling what it's like standing shoulder to shoulder and being responsible for an opponent rather than an area of grass.

Like to see the numbers on players form when they start dating other media personalities. Him going public with his Mrs and his form is on the same time line.

Like to see the numbers on players form when they start dating other media personalities. Him going public with his Mrs and his form is on the same time line.

Pendles’ missus has done a lot of Insta

He probably would have won a Brownlow if she’d been a wallflower

Typically, All-Australian premiership captains don't play 3.5 months of poor football.

Anger is a perfectly reasonable response, even if it is one you don't experience.

He hasn't played 3.5 months of poor footy though. He's played 3.5 months at below his AA form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back