Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Darce will probably stay if offered a good contract and Bucks coaches well. But the Swans' story has merit...

Tippett was supposedly going to Gold Coast and the Swans landed him (Fwd/second ruck would be the role they would see Darce in)

Buddy was supposedly going to GWS and the Swans landed him

The SCG has a great atmosphere with only 35,000 people, the fans are noisy and easygoing (if a little dim), and the public leaves AFL players alone when they are hanging out at Bondi or clubbing

On top of this, Swans' coterie provide players with internships and well-paid, post-footy corporate jobs better than any Vic-based club

Eddie have Plenty on Connections to get Players Good Jobs after Footy

Think Darce will probably stay if offered a good contract and Bucks coaches well. But the Swans' story has merit...

Tippett was supposedly going to Gold Coast and the Swans landed him (Fwd/second ruck would be the role they would see Darce in)

Buddy was supposedly going to GWS and the Swans landed him

The SCG has a great atmosphere with only 35,000 people, the fans are noisy and easygoing (if a little dim), and the public leaves AFL players alone when they are hanging out at Bondi or clubbing

On top of this, Swans' coterie provide players with internships and well-paid, post-footy corporate jobs better than any Vic-based club
I'm not even thinking about Darcy leaving, I have faith he is staying and even if he wants to go it will be for way overs.

He won't go and won't repeat the sins of the father.

Barrett says Sydney are interested and the sky is falling.

Everybody take a big, deep breath and have a Coke and a smile. It's all good.

I am sure Sydney would be interested in Darcy as would many other clubs.
As we are keen on others at other clubs. It’s how it is.
It does not mean Darcy is leaving though.if he has not sign a contract by the end of the season, then the rumour will be true, my bet on it is he will sign on around mid season. Hoping the same with Jordan

I am sure Sydney would be interested in Darcy as would many other clubs.
As we are keen on others at other clubs. It’s how it is.
It does not mean Darcy is leaving though.if he has not sign a contract by the end of the season, then the rumour will be true, my bet on it is he will sign on around mid season. Hoping the same with Jordan
Agreed, no reason for him to have signed yet.

Has had a mediocre start to the year, wouldn't make sense for him to sign another contract at the moment. Give him a couple weeks, wait till he kicks a bag and then we will see him sign a new deal.

Anyone notice he gets himself too far under the ball to mark a bit? Can't recall if he did this when he first started

He's always done it. The exciting thing about Darcy is that he consistently launches at aerial balls harder than anyone I've ever seen. An issue at the moment, however, is that he does so even when he doesn't have to, therefore he goes slightly under some that he should be taking comfortably.

Would i like Darcy to stay? Yes.
If we got a really goof deal for him leaving and keep DeGoey and get a few Round 1 picks in the draft, i'll survive

In my eyes it all comes down to money.

At the moment, Darcy is showing great potential to be the KPP of the future.
BUT - 50 games and 4 seasons into his career he has yet to really put it together. He's only had 6 games with more than 2 goals, and only one with more than 3. The fact that the club has tried him in defence this year is telling: on the one hand he has shown versatility to do it, on the other hand he hasn't really shown the form at KPF to be a big loss when replaced by Reid or Cox.

I think Darcy will want to stay, and I think the club will do everything reasonable to keep him. And i reckon 85-90% chance he does. (But completely guessing)
My guess is that this news is just about trying to drive his price up and that he has not put serious thought into moving.

But if Sydney throws a Buddy or Boyd like contract at him - and Darcy wants to take it - we should not get into a bidding war. I dont think he has shown that he is worth that risk - He is much closer to Tom Boyd than he is to Buddy Franklin at this stage.
If he is worth that kind of salary to Sydney, then he must also be worth that in draft picks/young stars.

Having said that - this season will be telling. Darcy needs to start stamping his authority onto games. (Isnt this the age Trav got his copeland?) Get some consistent 3 or 4 goal bags, or start dominating at either CHF or CHB and Eddie will give him a blank cheque.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett says Sydney are interested and the sky is falling.

Everybody take a big, deep breath and have a Coke and a smile. It's all good.

There's only one type of coke that makes me smile....

So is this a Sydney are keen on Moore and he’s open to going to Sydney?

Or is this a Buddy situation where Moore wants out of Melbourne spotlight and into anonymity of Sydney so brought on Pickering to facilitiate the move?

So is this a Sydney are keen on Moore and he’s open to going to Sydney?

Or is this a Buddy situation where Moore wants out of Melbourne spotlight and into anonymity of Sydney so brought on Pickering to facilitiate the move?

At Moment all we know that Swans are Keen and Nothing Else

I hadn't forgot but it's nice to watch anyway. The kid will be a Star, he and his little Buddy JDG.
Just need to hold onto Darcy, De Goey, Grundy and Stepho (plus a few of those nice to haves, Murray, Phillips, Shaz, etc..) and we will have a really solid core for the next 10 years. Think those kids are our future.

This reeks of the Brodie Grundy discussion a few years back.

"He isn't THAT good"
"He gives away too many free kicks"
"Keep Witts, trade Grundy"
Anyone that wanted to keep Witts over Grundy (or trade Grundy) should have been banned from this board long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back