Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a look at Darcy on Saturday with a current journalist who I went to school with and is one of the Draft experts in the media for one of the main 2 media outlets who cover the draft.

We were both impressed. He said Darcy has more natural talent than anyone in the 14' Draft and will end up a club captain.
TradeDraft likes this

To be a good forward, you should spend time in defence.
It allows you to read how a forward thinks, and how a defender works against that.
Armed with the knowledge of the defender, you should be a better forward.

Complete tosh. Lockett, Dunstall, Buddy, Modra, Rocca...the only time they were working working from defence is when they were sitting behind one.
Forwards are born forwards.

Complete tosh. Lockett, Dunstall, Buddy, Modra, Rocca...the only time they were working working from defence is when they were sitting behind one.
Forwards are born forwards.

Though you could say those Gun Forwards played in a Total Different era of Footy

Though you could say those Gun Forwards played in a Total Different era of Footy

Pretty sure Buddy is still playing Dave....but seriously all of those guys would still kick a bundle of goals today. Natural forwards are born. Some guys just move like forwards and think like forwards....some KPP can switch ends for a while...(Harry Taylor, Terry Daniher, Billy Duckworth) but the forwards that dominated for long periods of time (Hudson, McKenna, Jesaulenko, Wade, Dustall, Lockett, Carey, Brown....etc...) they were all natural forwards.

Pretty sure Buddy is still playing Dave....but seriously all of those guys would still kick a bundle of goals today. Natural forwards are born. Some guys just move like forwards and think like forwards....some KPP can switch ends for a while...(Harry Taylor, Terry Daniher, Billy Duckworth) but the forwards that dominated for long periods of time (Hudson, McKenna, Jesaulenko, Wade, Dustall, Lockett, Carey, Brown....etc...) they were all natural forwards.

Okay - Buddy is the Only one that has played in the last 10 Years.

Moore has looked Great in the TAC Cup Finals of Forwards and I would like to see him Play up there.

There Club has not said why they wanted Moore to Start Down Back

Okay - Buddy is the Only one that has played in the last 10 Years.

Moore has looked Great in the TAC Cup Finals of Forwards and I would like to see him Play up there.

There Club has not said why they wanted Moore to Start Down Back

Its probably easier for him to start there Dave. He's a natural "see ball...get ball" defender, great at 1:1 contests and able to think his way through things. As a defender he's probably less likely to get knocked around as much as a key forward does...so they may be taking care of his young frame.

I reckon we should take a punt and play him as our third tall and stretch the opposition. Not all games but lets see how he goes.

Stick Goldy down back as he's been very underwhelming in that forward defensive role.

Its probably easier for him to start there Dave. He's a natural "see ball...get ball" defender, great at 1:1 contests and able to think his way through things. As a defender he's probably less likely to get knocked around as much as a key forward does...so they may be taking care of his young frame.

I do agree that is Light Frame he has at the Moment might be better down Back as he would get Pushed around a bit less then he would down Back. You don’t want him to become a Injury Prone Player

Though here are a few Vid’s when he played Forward in the TAC Cup GF:

To be fair Anthony Rocca came 2nd in the B&F playing CHB and smashed Carey in the air thd times he played on him

I believe he meant the Rocca that kicked just shy of 750 goals and was put on this earth to kick 60 metre bombs.

On a separate note I also don't subscribe to the theory of playing forwards in defence at some point in their career. Hogan won't, Kennedy didn't, Fev did and it was a disaster, Walker didn't, Brown didn't and neither Reiwoldt did. About the only forward who has in the modern era is Pavlich and he's just a freak!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Riewoldt played as both a key defender and forward in 2002 when he won the Rising Star and the Saints best and fairest. Jarryd Roughead started his career at the Hawks as a key back. So yeah, it does happen.

Nick Riewoldt played as both a key defender and forward in 2002 when he won the Rising Star and the Saints best and fairest. Jarryd Roughead started his career at the Hawks as a key back. So yeah, it does happen.

and it’s the In Thing that Teams are doing now

I don't mind him playing back at the moment but, I have a feeling he will end up as a forward. A grade, goal kicking, strong marking, mobile tall forwards are rare enough to come by.

There is nothing wrong with learning defence, although defence is where failed forwards go.

I reckon Mick panicked too early on Reid after he had some yips in front of goal in his first season and he never got out of there again. Defence is like a 19th century lunatic asylum.

The Midfield is like Kangaroos loose in the top paddock

and

The forward line is like having toys running round in the attic

I mean in general. Our defence I'm not at all worried about and Moore or Reid forward would sort out our forward issues. The gnawing problem in my view is the midfield, as it was last year.

I remember reading quite a few times that Darcy was a good shutdown defender but didn't really get involved in the play or wasn't that good on the rebound. But from what has been reported he has been very good on the attack out of defense in the VFL practice matches so far.

So is it fair to say he has become a more attacking defender since being drafted?

I remember reading quite a few times that Darcy was a good shutdown defender but didn't really get involved in the play or wasn't that good on the rebound. But from what has been reported he has been very good on the attack out of defense in the VFL practice matches so far.

So is it fair to say he has become a more attacking defender since being drafted?

I think it's fair to say he's cemented his position as the best player in the AFL since being drafted.

Main Reason could be that in the TAC Cup you have to have 2 players inside each teams 50. So it did not allow Moore to get up the Ground

Laurie Nash was asupurb footballer and a natural forward (kicked 16 for victoria in a game) spent most of his career at CHB.

David Neitz was great defender before turning to being a damn good forward late run his career.

Ron McKoewan spent most of his carer down back but was more than handy up forward (kicked 10 against essendon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back