Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what are our other options bro?.We have no other talls, Cox, Reid out and Roughead a much better defender than forward.
Smaller, mobile with heaps of forward pressure. Kind of like we’ve had since Cox got injured. Gooey, Stepho, Elliot and WHE seem like a pretty classy start to a forward line to me.
Your plan of sticking Moore in the forward and and telling not to chase and sprint and present at half pace to try and stop a hammy injury is probably not going to cut it in September.

Would play him forward in first final on the condition that he sees out the game. No more sprinting of with hamstring awareness in a final. Playing forward at least he wont have to sprint to chase his opposition and can set his own pace. Roughead back to defence.

‘at least he wont have to sprint to chase his opposition and can set his own pace.’

I don’t think that’s how modern footy works.

The strange thing about Moore is that he looked like he was going at half-pace in the Essendon game. Did anyone else notice this?

Such an unusual case.
same as the sydney game last year, he then sprinted off the ground

Darcy on the Nine News just said he will train next week and be right to go for the first final.

Believe it or not.

I believe it. Moore has a two week break. They haven't said he strained it just there was some discomfort. It sounds like a reasonable level of caution to me.

Smaller, mobile with heaps of forward pressure. Kind of like we’ve had since Cox got injured. Gooey, Stepho, Elliot and WHE seem like a pretty classy start to a forward line to me.
Your plan of sticking Moore in the forward and and telling not to chase and sprint and present at half pace to try and stop a hammy injury is probably not going to cut it in September.
Never said present at half pace. Just chasing an opposition forward at maximum speed could ping his hammy. Surely he could still play within his means presenting a tall target would help our chances. Unless you think we can be the only side in the finals without a tall target.

His dad tried playing with a hammy strain in a grand final (1981) and I can still see his half hearted chasing efforts in the heat of the game.:'(

His dad tried playing with a hammy strain in a grand final (1981) and I can still see his half hearted chasing efforts in the heat of the game.:'(
Should never have played in that game.

Last edited:
They found when they operated on Elliott last August, that there was a tiny tear in his hammy which did not show up on scans.
Should never have played in that game.
Is on record as saying that because he was captain Tommy Hafey asked him to play but he knew he could do nothing more than park himself in the goal-square. He was on a player who was vastly inferior to him but soft tissue injuries are not easy to play through.

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley admits he’s unsure whether Darcy Moore will recover in time to play in the side’s first final.

The Pies beat Essendon by 11 points on Friday night, keeping the pressure on both West Coast and Richmond heading into their respective final games of the season.

But Moore went down with another hamstring injury, which prematurely ended his night midway through the final term.

Buckley told 3AW Football said his inability to see out the game ‘doesn’t auger well’ for his finals chances.

“I’m not confident at all,” he said.

“We really don’t know where that’s going to settle and when you don’t complete the game, it doesn’t augur that well.

“But at the same time, the initial reports suggest it’s not major but when you put a couple of occurrences in a row, it becomes major.

“There’s no real clarity of definitive outcome on what we can expect from Darcy in the next month.

“And I can’t be clear on what injury it is on the back of last night other than he can’t complete the game.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seems all his problems have been since he started playing down back
i know we need him there but maybe playing forward he can kind of go at his own pace let the defender chase him
he looked great in defence early in the year

seems all his problems have been since he started playing down back
i know we need him there but maybe playing forward he can kind of go at his own pace let the defender chase him
he looked great in defence early in the year
I’m sure he did a bad hammy playing forward a couple of seasons ago. On a hard lead and lunged for the mark and went down immediately.

Of course they would be - and the offers/chase isn’t exactly lined with suitors.
He has played 69 games, but of course it should be more had his hammies behaved.

Interesting that Bucks did say that if he is forced out of the finals, he hopes he handles it better than last year.

If the injury means Moore is sidelined, Buckley hopes the backman is better equipped to handle this frustration than he was last year.

"I know that towards the end of last year it had a profound impact on him negatively and ... the way that came across was quite internal," he said.

"He actually went into his shell a little bit and he carried it all inside without really sharing a whole lot of it. I think Darcy will learn from that and he can lean on more blokes around the football club, he can lean on more people in the environment. I really value him.

"As a young man, he is a very intelligent young fella, he has got high expectations about himself, not just in football but in the rest of his life.

"When you are not able to do something that you are passionate about, and he is passionate about his footy and contributing to the club as much as he possibly can, it does hurt him when he can't do that.

He has played 69 games, but of course it should be more had his hammies behaved.

Interesting that Bucks did say that if he is forced out of the finals, he hopes he handles it better than last year.

If the injury means Moore is sidelined, Buckley hopes the backman is better equipped to handle this frustration than he was last year.

"I know that towards the end of last year it had a profound impact on him negatively and ... the way that came across was quite internal," he said.

"He actually went into his shell a little bit and he carried it all inside without really sharing a whole lot of it. I think Darcy will learn from that and he can lean on more blokes around the football club, he can lean on more people in the environment. I really value him.

"As a young man, he is a very intelligent young fella, he has got high expectations about himself, not just in football but in the rest of his life.

"When you are not able to do something that you are passionate about, and he is passionate about his footy and contributing to the club as much as he possibly can, it does hurt him when he can't do that.

I hope some of the posters in this thread read this article and know that he wasn’t cleared to play. And as much as he wanted to get back in time for the GF he couldn’t get his body right.

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley admits he’s unsure whether Darcy Moore will recover in time to play in the side’s first final.

The Pies beat Essendon by 11 points on Friday night, keeping the pressure on both West Coast and Richmond heading into their respective final games of the season.

But Moore went down with another hamstring injury, which prematurely ended his night midway through the final term.

Buckley told 3AW Football said his inability to see out the game ‘doesn’t auger well’ for his finals chances.

“I’m not confident at all,” he said.

“We really don’t know where that’s going to settle and when you don’t complete the game, it doesn’t augur that well.

“But at the same time, the initial reports suggest it’s not major but when you put a couple of occurrences in a row, it becomes major.

“There’s no real clarity of definitive outcome on what we can expect from Darcy in the next month.

“And I can’t be clear on what injury it is on the back of last night other than he can’t complete the game.”
Read between the lines a bit....
Moore's not playing imo.
Lost the confidence of the coach

Last edited:
Read between the lines a bit....
In the obtuse world of coach speak, that is about as direct as it gets. Coach is saying he has no confidence in his ability to recover, and if he does, his ability to finish out games....
Mentions "unable to finish the game" a few times. What else did anyone expect Bucks to feel about playing Darcy given the circumstances.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back