Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pies have been keen to promote Moore after a succession of stand out performances in the VFL, and had been tempted to blood Moore for Anzac Day, but have chosen the more conservative path. Moore has been playing as a key defender in the VFL, and would be used as a tall back if he was promoted.

Reading that makes me Think he won’t play only IF 1 off Brown or Frost go down injured

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/pies-leave-young-duo-keeffe-and-thomas-in-limbo-20150422-1mr554.html

Really think his chances are slim for mine. The only spot I can see him taking would be down forward, when he hasn't trained for that it would seem quite stupid to bring him in, infront of 90k, in a spot he has no exposure out at elite level (being generous to VFL for calling it Elite). Unless the thinking is Essendon are going to go in with Carlisle, Danniher, Bellchambers and Giles I don't see it. That's the only way I see Moore getting a game. That way Frost would go to Carlisle, Brown to the resting ruck and Moore to Danniher. I don't think the coaching staff would be too keen on Goldsack matching up on either of those 4 players.

Really think his chances are slim for mine. The only spot I can see him taking would be down forward, when he hasn't trained for that it would seem quite stupid to bring him in, infront of 90k, in a spot he has no exposure out at elite level (being generous to VFL for calling it Elite). Unless the thinking is Essendon are going to go in with Carlisle, Danniher, Bellchambers and Giles I don't see it. That's the only way I see Moore getting a game. That way Frost would go to Carlisle, Brown to the resting ruck and Moore to Danniher. I don't think the coaching staff would be too keen on Goldsack matching up on either of those 4 players.

I'm glad someone else can see it too.

I think there is absolutely no doubt he will become one of the greats of the game, likely captain (although degoey has this potential too) AA, Brownlow medallist and probably pick up a few premierships too. Class player like we haven't seen in a long time.

I think there is absolutely no doubt he will become one of the greats of the game, likely captain (although degoey has this potential too) AA, Brownlow medallist and probably pick up a few premierships too. Class player like we haven't seen in a long time.
Along side his mate de goey. how much of an influence you think darcy had in picking up de goey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take 2013 myself. Splitting hairs though really.
tumblr_inline_n5gmmdx9V11rjf3sr.jpg

Zero. I wouldn't have thought he'd have been invited to recruiting meetings given he doesn't work in recruiting, nor had he even started at Collingwood....

Other than the fact that Hine would have had lots of opportunities to watch De Goey when he went along to watch Moore, agree, zero!

Ahhh... 2004. The year we traded pick 7 (Jordan Lewis) for pick 10 (Egan), Bo Nixon and Chad morrison. Well Played Mick.

End of '04 was when Hine came on board though wasn't it... best recruit for the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back