Recommitted Darcy Parish [RFA 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh id trade 2 picks in the teens for parish but you wouldnt take it i dont think youd want a top 10 pick minimum which we dont have (and if we did have probably wouldnt trade it). Which is why i dont see us getting him until he is FA (if at all).
We can use your first and 22 to get a top 10 pick if it came to that.

We can use your first and 22 to get a top 10 pick if it came to that.

Not sure of that..top 10 picks dont get downgraded that often thesedays (ie clubs dont like to do those sort of deals although i personally would).

I could also believe that, but like you struggle to see how it would get done. Even your first is likely of limited direct value because Davey might be bid on before it. So your first and F1 doesn’t really work.

Agree with all that.
Unless theres a player of ours that you really want that we are willing to trade (and i dont see an obvious fit) then i dont see how the overall trade would work.

I could also believe that, but like you struggle to see how it would get done. Even your first is likely of limited direct value because Davey might be bid on before it. So your first and F1 doesn’t really work.
I think it'll be a case of Parish being worth more to his contracted employer than he is to the potential employer

Geelong receive; Darcy Parish
Geelong give up; 2022 first rounder, 2023 first rounder

Essendon Receive; Xavier Duursma, Port Adelaide pick 8
Essendon give up; Darcy Parish, Aaron Francis

Port Adelaide Receive; Geelong 2022 first rounder, Aaron Francis
Port Adelaide give up; Xavier Duursma, (possibly a future 3rd or fourth to balance the transaction)

Could wrestle with some things to even it out but essentially Essendon are getting a former first round draft pick for close to parity to his draft pick, Geelong get there man for the two firsts possibly required whilst Port get some collateral in for a promising kid who is rumoured to be unsettled.

Port Adelaide give up; Xavier Duursma, (possibly a future 3rd or fourth to balance the transaction)

Could wrestle with some things to even it out but essentially Essendon are getting a former first round draft pick for close to parity to his draft pick, Geelong get there man for the two firsts possibly required whilst Port get some collateral in for a promising kid who is rumoured to be unsettled.
You’ve left out a couple of picks.

I assume port receives both of Geelong’s first rounders and gives up 8?

Port would have to hope Geelong falls off a cliff otherwise they are losing on that trade giving up Duursma when pick 8 is worth more.

You’ve left out a couple of picks.

I assume port receives both of Geelong’s first rounders and gives up 8?

Port would have to hope Geelong falls off a cliff otherwise they are losing on that trade giving up Duursma when pick 8 is worth more.

I made sure to put that disclaimer down the bottom suggesting picks could be added to balance this possible deal.

For that cost, Parish ain't our man

You havent got geelongs 2023 R1 going to either club.

Port are downgrading P8 to a later r1 and swapping duursma for francis. Terrible deal for them.

Why would you complicate it unneccesarily by adding an unrequired 3rd party? Francis, if whomever he chooses does a trade instead of signing via DFA, will net us a pick in the 50's at best and that's that.

Also if we tack anyone onto any potential Geelong trade it's Ham.

I really hope we aren’t so stupid to do something like this.

You havent got geelongs 2023 R1 going to either club.

Port are downgrading P8 to a later r1 and swapping duursma for francis. Terrible deal for them.
it was late, obviously didn't think it completely through. Uh well, have at it every one :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly the case, can't see any deal getting done but can totally foresee Geelong coming hard for him as a RFA next year.
Maybe, I guess we'll see wrt 2023. At this point though saying he's "our man" is a bit of a stretch. Our man was Hopper and a couple of days ago that chase ended. They're just calling around in the few days after to see if there's anything worth discussing

This is exactly the case, can't see any deal getting done but can totally foresee Geelong coming hard for him as a RFA next year.

Absolutely and we will have a few retirements next year which will mean a lot of cap space hence its more likely then.

Why would you complicate it unneccesarily by adding an unrequired 3rd party? Francis, if whomever he chooses does a trade instead of signing via DFA, will net us a pick in the 50's at best and that's that.

You can keep Ham. He's delist material..

We are tight for list spots and ham doesnt fill a need for us.

Agree on the francis bit

I reckon essendon are betting off keeping parish
parish has a great 2023
essendon finish bottom 4 and a club takes parish in free agency and the bombers get another top 5 pick

Agreed which is why you wont trade him this year unless you get a high top 10 pick and we cant/wont offer that

Only reason he hasn't been cut is because there's a bit of interest. Assumed you'd be one since he's a Geelong boy

Not us we are overloaded for wingers. If he was a kpd we would be keen maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Darcy Parish [RFA 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back