Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like I've got some episodes to watch.

Reading this thread, it makes me wonder what the VFL/AFL equivalent would be called and how many seasons.
plenty of "Dark side of the Sherrin" topics, off the top of my head.

Wayne Carey
Ted Whitten
Jason McCartney
John Greening
Fred Cook

John McCarthy
Eagles 06
Melbourne in recent times
Hawthorn injunction
Collingwood do better

A lot of untapped potential

Essendon 2013.
The AFL, Ross Oakley and Mike Sheahan plus Fitzroy.
Garry Lyon and Billy Brownless.
Concussions.
Anything from the VFL, SANFL, WAFL and suburban leagues.
Andrew McLeod vs Tyson Edwards.

Back to the WWE, surely there'd be a DSOTR episode dedicated to Muhammad Hassan and the London bombings.

Tennis would also be another one worthy of DSOTR stuff.

Start off big by rehashing the the whole Graf-Seles thing.

Boris Becker and Andre Agassi to get their own episodes.

There's so much to be told whether it's the rasslin or otherwise.

Yea feel like they’re scrapping the bottom of the barrel for episodes now
They're starting to although they still haven't touched Teddy Hart yet. You could easily make episodes on Lance Cage, Test, Nailz & Umaga as well.

On the AFL front:
Shane & Travis Tuck
Harley Balic
Liam Jurrah
Lawrence Angwin
Dan Connors
Nevile Bruns & Leigh Matthews
Gary Ablett Sr
Ricky Nixon
Darren Millane
Ben Cousins
Brendan Fevola

There'd be countless local league stories that'd be out there - teams have been de-registered from leagues due to wild brawls for example.

Last edited:
They're starting to although they still haven't touched Teddy Hart yet. You could easily make episodes on Lance Cage, Test, Nailz & Umaga as well.

Droz?

I enjoyed the Vince ep.

Vince did what somebody else was going to do, I'm actually surprised he bought Ole Anderson shares when he could have just closed the company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad but be great if Rock can just be behind the scenes, great he can use his influence to make sure all the main names are there but just ego stroking on his part being on camera, he wasn't there and we've heard the WWE side a million times.

Screenshot-2024-06-19-203338.png

just for clarity...

Cool footage of Dustin Rhodes with Charles Robinson earlier in the day of the last Nitro and looking at the format and seeing "Vince McMahon promo to open show" on it.

Deffs very dodgy at how cheaply WWE acquired WCW as well.

Also noticed when Shane O'Mac went to grab a mic in the WCW ring, some fan hit him right in the face with a mug.

Cool footage of Dustin Rhodes with Charles Robinson earlier in the day of the last Nitro and looking at the format and seeing "Vince McMahon promo to open show" on it.

Deffs very dodgy at how cheaply WWE acquired WCW as well.

Also noticed when Shane O'Mac went to grab a mic in the WCW ring, some fan hit him right in the face with a mug.
well without the tv timeslot, what else can you do? It was difficult for start up wrestling companies at the time. we weren't into hoarding video libraries and releasing everything under the sun on DVD in those days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back