Darren Burgess

Remove this Banner Ad

Up for grabs, up for a price

Come on, come on, lovin' for the money
Come on, come on, listen to the money talk
Come on, come on, lovin' for the money
Come on, come on, listen to the money talk

We had some of our best wins over running teams in the last qtr that would not have happened without Burgess. I think his fitness regime made us look better than we were. And I think when he leaves the crows, they will have a dip as well. Burgess also did ok at Melbourne, and we also went close to winning a flag with him, we would have beaten Sydney if we got past the hawks in the prelim.

Burgo came back to Adelaide to be close to his kids.

When Burgo was sacked by Arsenal in June 2019, his wife Karen moved back to Adelaide with the kids as she refused to live elsewhere in Oz, and Port said no to giving him a job, so he took the job with Melbourne for 2020 and 2021 seasons.

I think Dr Peter Brukner played a big part in him getting the job. He was Melbourne club doctor for about 25 years, and was picked up by the Socceroos for the 2010 WC at the end of 2006. Burgo left us because his mum died at end of 2007 and wanted to be close to dad so he signed up with the Socceroos.

So they became close there and when Brukner was appointed the Liverpool head doctor he took Burgo, physio Phil Coles and one other from that Socceroos medical team.

His kids are now about 13 and 10 or might be a year older each, so I guess it will be easier for him to be away from them now they are older.

Burgo came back to Adelaide to be close to his kids.

When Burgo was sacked by Arsenal in June 2019, his wife Karen moved back to Adelaide with the kids as she refused to live elsewhere in Oz, and Port said no to giving him a job, so he took the job with Melbourne for 2020 and 2021 seasons.

I think Dr Peter Brukner played a big part in him getting the job. He was Melbourne club doctor for about 25 years, and was picked up by the Socceroos for the 2010 WC at the end of 2006. Burgo left us because his mum died at end of 2007 and wanted to be close to dad so he signed up with the Socceroos.

So they became close there and when Brukner was appointed the Liverpool head doctor he took Burgo, physio Phil Coles and one other from that Socceroos medical team.

His kids are now about 13 and 10 or might be a year older each, so I guess it will be easier for him to be away from them now they are older.

Lives close to me, see him around a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Burgess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back