Roast Darren Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't declare yourself fit if you can't kick or pick the ball up.
Has let the fans down and was just about WOG with the amount of free kicks he gave away.
His place in the 22 next year is by no means assured.

Re: Darren Jollly

I was enjoying a great game this afternoon and was annoyed by his selfishness. He was clearly not fit to play, and it showed in the way he rucked.

Shepherding Ottens/West out of the contest isn't going to do the team any favours.

Bad luck. It really was a good game, though (not that it will matter at the moment).

Has let the fans down and was just about WOG with the amount of free kicks he gave away.

You should be roasted, the bloke plays injured all year and you want to delist him. He wasn't 100% but he other option is Cam Wood:thumbsdown:.

Are you off your head? Jolly did ok, he stopped Ottens from dominating. Wasn't Jolly that lost it, the cats were harder inside.

selfish decision this week by jolly, very angry and knew it would hurt us. wood will go past him next year, guaranteed.
reid i could understand cause we had no replacement but we had wood to cover for jolly. selfish selfish. presti st the benchmark, beams followed suit but jolly? im furious

While I don't think he was our worst, I also think Wood would have done as well as a minimum but likely better given his hunger for a first flag. He clearly wasn't fit, along with Reid. The thing that sickens me to the bone the most about this is how Presti sacrificed himself for the greater good - he was one of my all time favourites - but Jolly was chasing another flag I feel. I think he owes us next year - along with plenty of others - but I really hope Bucks makes him earn his spot.

I wouldn't be too hard on Jolly.

It's too easy to be wise in hindsight.

Also, he did cop an injury during the game as he was kicking and someone came across his leg stretching the adductor again.

No-one's criticising SteveyJ's inclusion, and he was under a cloud aswell.

Finally, there was a medical dept and coach involved in the decision and we didn't have a very good option anyway.

Let's not look too much for scapegoats, they won fair and square.

He shouldn't have played, although he competed well. The real problem was the conservative selection policy.

I dare say we won't get the same with Bucks. The period of eternal faith is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20% fit Jolly is better than a 100% Wood, he nullified Ottens enough. A fully fit Jolly pushes back to take defensive 50 marks and pushes fwd to kick goals. He couldn't get right to do that all year, we had no other option than to play him.

No point bagging Jolly, he gave his all. It's not like there's any competition for his spot. Let's hope Witts develops rapidly next year.

Oviously went in injured. Fought like a warrier. Pretty sure the club knew what they were getting when they selected him. His would be amongst the more compelling stories had Collingwood won.

Both Reid and Jolly were under an injury cloud before the game, both were horrible today and hampered by those injuries, Hawkins torched Reid and Jolly was pathetic in the ruck.

Only those 2 guys knew if they were right, we were not good enough today, plain and simple but having 2 guys out there as liabilities surely did not help.

They will bounce back, the team will bounce back and i will continue to back them all but certain things need to be said and not sugarcoated over.

very harsh to say that Jolly owes the team. I recall 12 mths ago that he arguably best on ground and just about won us the flag.

Jolly wasn't good but he had a lot of mates. And Wood is not the option. And never will be. Amen

At the same time I want to thank the team for what has been overall a great year. Just that Geelong was better today

Not Jolly's fault. Thought he was fine but Reid was clearly hampered from the get go. If there was N Brown waiting in the wings, then I think you'd have seen Reid not play. There was no adequate cover and both were forced to play.
100% agree with this. Remember, Jolly was injured very early on. And I am a bit sour over Reid playing, but who knew Hawkins would lift... very jealous we don't have a story like that. And there is no adequate back up for Reid with Brown injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Darren Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back