Darwin Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
now we all know want happen to somerset they hold kids to contracts and pay out all that big money it will be a repeat of when ian gradam coached no cup and no money

demon fan anyone over 18 is adult not kids, if you are getting paid and sign a contract its like a job it cant be broken . not unless both parties make argreement but you shouldnt leave a club cause you going to double your money .

all darwin clubs from july 1st could sign current players up was the new law came in at delgetes darwin meeting .
somerset done a excellent job there as otherclubs be chasing and throwing the double amount of money what the likes of robbo filds and baldy and co were on

somerset done a excellent job there as otherclubs be chasing and throwing the double amount of money what the likes of robbo filds and baldy and co were on[/quote]

Is anybody prepared to stick there neck out and say what the somerset boys might have been getting paid?

dont no why every talks about somerset buying premierships cause if some of you guys went to agm like somerset boy number one asked you to would have seen over 100% profit if you run a club like a business you make a profit money makes money doesnt kochi on sunrise say that lols

Na mate, haven't spoken to anyone of note from the club since Grand Final day last year so i'm definitely not in the know. You know what it's like this time of year, just saying what i heard. REMEMBER - 95% of this stuff is bullshit so don't fire up when people "float" what they've been told. Reckon you may be more involved with the club than what your lettin on so i'll just take your word for it that all bar 3 are signed, sealed and delivered. Good on the roos, excellent news!!! Cheer up:thumbsu:
not upset or crabby mate just passionate not involved with the club anymore but still go to most home games i just think if people want to say things they hear put names to it so we can all have our opinion i must admit i have been guilty of saying things here myself i dont have facts on but i always say names ask my mate demonfan :)

somerset done a excellent job there as otherclubs be chasing and throwing the double amount of money what the likes of robbo filds and baldy and co were on

Is anybody prepared to stick there neck out and say what the somerset boys might have been getting paid? [/quote]
belived it was a little more then match paments witch its funny cause only lost a thew games you nearly better of playing for match payments then having hype as a paid player ask chalky he was ther manger lols

demon fan anyone over 18 is adult not kids, if you are getting paid and sign a contract its like a job it cant be broken . not unless both parties make argreement but you shouldnt leave a club cause you going to double your money .

all darwin clubs from july 1st could sign current players up was the new law came in at delgetes darwin meeting .
well said legand i could not have said it better keep up the good work down at rooland

Sounds to me like Somerset are only worried about signing a "selected" few players. From what i hear, a few of the "no-names" may be going elsewhere - hope not for our sake... Not big names but senior players and good reserves players all the same:confused:

thats up to coaches to get around everyone not just the signings and tell them there wanted, you always going to have 5 or 6 leave and 5 or 6 come back like robbie bartlett mite play frasers could be retiring again couple mite be going intertate

demon fan didnt ian gardam go to yolla after somerset??
wasnt knocking ian gradam he is a good mate i was just using his name as a time fram my point was u can spend to much money and get no rewards and somerset have been quoted as saying never again but new committe and the passing of time things change yolla have been lucky in the past with coaches attracting players 4 normal match payments (yolla dollars)

wasnt knocking ian gradam he is a good mate i was just using his name as a time fram my point was u can spend to much money and get no rewards and somerset have been quoted as saying never again but new committe and the passing of time things change yolla have been lucky in the past with coaches attracting players 4 normal match payments (yolla dollars)

I reckon it will be interesting times at Somerset next year as I was there on Sunday for the membership draw, to no avail-again, and there were plenty of new faces whom I had not seen before, I have supported them the last ten years and I would think Lasty and his crew will keep a lid on things, good luck to the Club for operating at a profit but from what I gather any new players will be on match payments and not "contracts', for a change players are going there for the culture and success from last season, if they come chasing big bucks the playing group will not have them just as they wony have players back that have shit on the Club in the past and are just mooching back jumping on the bandwagon, they come on Jonos terms and not their own hidden agendas, and as for someone like Josh Barry wanting to leave for more coin let him go, he was lucky to be in the team last year anyway and ultimately turned the ball over too much down back as well, the more players the better and , lets face it, both sides lost the granny so they need to improve

Yes, Somerset got burnt financially under Gardy but thats in the past and the group this year put heaps back in to the club, hence the profit, useless talking about two different eras , move on-go Roos

Yes, Somerset got burnt financially under Gardy but thats in the past and the group this year put heaps back in to the club, hence the profit, useless talking about two different eras , move on-go Roos
so the rumore that slapper and jonesy r on $100 or more a game are not true i only say this because i was told by one of slappers good friends and i have other players on big money but cant think of them some would be bullshit no dout and if aclub was to be paying a player big bucks i dont think it would come up at the agm because anyone could get that info it has been dun in the past and i am not just talking about somerset

so the rumore that slapper and jonesy r on $100 or more a game are not true i only say this because i was told by one of slappers good friends and i have other players on big money but cant think of them some would be bullshit no dout and if aclub was to be paying a player big bucks i dont think it would come up at the agm because anyone could get that info it has been dun in the past and i am not just talking about somerset

whos coaching yolla next bit intresting that sum clubs started trianing and yolla havnt found a coach mmmm heard yolla asked brent archer any truth ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was talking to brett wilson last week and he said he and rohan summers were playing for the yolla demons next year both players would be good pick ups. wilson would be the best on baller in the darwin which shows when he won 5 premierships for burnie as a on baller.:thumbsu::p

I was talking to brett wilson last week and he said he and rohan summers were playing for the yolla demons next year both players would be good pick ups. wilson would be the best on baller in the darwin which shows when he won 5 premierships for burnie as a on baller.:thumbsu::p

That is the biggest load of shit I've heard this year. Got some good FACTS for you guys, Rob Wiliscroft has signed with south burnie for the 2009 season. Def a handy pick up :thumbsu: Also heard that Yolla is now looking for a non playing coach as they are running out of options..... Interesting times

whos coaching yolla next bit intresting that sum clubs started trianing and yolla havnt found a coach mmmm heard yolla asked brent archer any truth ??
dont know who yolla have talked to theres no reson to get up set you guys iam just asking if these rumores are ture and stating how clubs pay some of their players i know that all clubs are in the black and some clubs pay undeer the table all you somerset fans bite pritty easly are you guys guilty of this

That is the biggest load of shit I've heard this year. Got some good FACTS for you guys, Rob Wiliscroft has signed with south burnie for the 2009 season. Def a handy pick up :thumbsu: Also heard that Yolla is now looking for a non playing coach as they are running out of options..... Interesting times
why do u think this is a load of shit i know wilso and summers have good mates up there i dont know what they wil be doing next year do you

If they are on more than that and they can negotiate bloody good luck to them, if not, so be it, the Natone sides from way back when they were kicking 59 goals a game were paying under the table but Duffy has got that sorted out now as have most Clubs, hence the eveness of the comp

heres a question 4 every one who is talking about yollas next coach. the payer list from last years senior side darren hoare good player had some sucsess as a coach a few years back but doesnt wont to do it again nashy coached reserves 2years ago got them to finals but works shift work and could not comit like he would want to would make good senior coach if just worked days heathy would be good coach but dont know if he would want the full time role harrnet would be a good coach but lives to far away clayton gregson this years b&f not in his nature to coach woody you dont know when he going to show up to play let alone coach malley to old to play did get the cup coaching the reserves afew years ago but would not get the support that the coach should get from his playing mates and most of the other players are not into coaching or just to young.now non playing coach who is out there wish good mates with heathy but dont think he wants anythink to do with football after what happend at wynyard keith coles was a good coach in his day to many things have changed in the modern game the some with frog good coach in his day i cant think of any one else can u guys or some of your thoughts on the guys i have mention

heres a question 4 every one who is talking about yollas next coach. the payer list from last years senior side darren hoare good player had some sucsess as a coach a few years back but doesnt wont to do it again nashy coached reserves 2years ago got them to finals but works shift work and could not comit like he would want to would make good senior coach if just worked days heathy would be good coach but dont know if he would want the full time role harrnet would be a good coach but lives to far away clayton gregson this years b&f not in his nature to coach woody you dont know when he going to show up to play let alone coach malley to old to play did get the cup coaching the reserves afew years ago but would not get the support that the coach should get from his playing mates and most of the other players are not into coaching or just to young.now non playing coach who is out there wish good mates with heathy but dont think he wants anythink to do with football after what happend at wynyard keith coles was a good coach in his day to many things have changed in the modern game the some with frog good coach in his day i cant think of any one else can u guys or some of your thoughts on the guys i have mention

Can anyone tell me how the "modern game" has made an impact on Darwin footy????

Can anyone tell me how the "modern game" has made an impact on Darwin footy????
it may be just country football but it faster than it wash ten fifteen years ago and there is tagging and match ups and just watching from the the side i have seen mistakes from coaches and or bench coaches who are from a differant era these are my thoughts icould be wrong and probably am i was just thowing it out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back