Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, so has long as we have 22 players who show endeavour each week, that will be enough to get us a cross the line, doesn't matter if that can't hit a traget?

Who hasn't got no idea again?

You.

Edit: Actually, that double negative has confused me... All I want to indicated is that YOU have no idea, and that for a bloke having his first senior hit-out in over two years, Ellard played his role bloody well.

Oh, so has long as we have 22 players who show endeavour each week, that will be enough to get us a cross the line, doesn't matter if that can't hit a traget?

You are the one that still has no idea.

If we have 22 players that go out there and do the job they are supposed to, more often than not we come away with the 4 points.

To completely nullify one of the better clearance players in the league & to have 9 tackles in your 2nd career game is a fantastic effort.

It's not about having 22 of them, he did his job and more as a tagger. We might need him now with Armfield out and I'm sure his disposal will improve with experience just like Yarran, Henderson, Lucas and pretty well everyone else's has.

Fair point, however there has to be a reason why it has taken him over 2 years between games. Sure he has played well at VFL level, this season, however it is a massive step up to the AFL level.

I hope he improves, if he gets another game, I just can't see it happening.

Yup ..it's unanimous ..it's You ! ;)

Serves you right for your premature ejaculation....Ellard had a horrible first quarter , possibly due to nerves, but stuck to his task and worked his way back into the game ..did some nice things in the last 2 quarters and kept Priddis very quiet .

All in all a good result for the little bloke ..should retain his spot with that effort .

3 idiots in a pod :thumbsu:

Ellard was very good tonight.

His kicking was ordinary but you have to consider the role that he was assigned tonight.

Tagged Priddis and almost completely nullified him. Priddis had very little impact and he has been their best midfielder for quite a while.

Ellard's skills were not great but his endeavour was there (9 tackles) and I'm sure Ratten would be rapt with his performance.

I'm really getting sick of morons like you 3 that have absolutely no idea.

why don't you give your condescending homerism a rest jeremias. let's all start defending a tagger with no skills. what a joke

Fair point, however there has to be a reason why it has taken him over 2 years between games. Sure he has played well at VFL level, this season, however it is a massive step up to the AFL level.

I hope he improves, if he gets another game, I just can't see it happening.
Yes, there is a reason. He is a rookie listed player for a start so anything we get out of him is a bonus. He started off as a small forward and has completely transformed his game into a midfielder/tagger. Done very well to reinvent himself as a footballer. With Armfield out we will need someone like Ellard to play shut down roles, Joseph will probably move to the backline and Ellard with play in the middle.

Has to be the worst player ever to play for the carlton football club, atleast it explains why is has only ever played one game before and this has to be the last ever match.. disgraceful performance

Back to the seconds you hack!

Can mods change this to a roast?

stay_classy.gif

Had a shocking first few possessions, but then settled and then worked into the game, I think he showed that he will be a good player if he gets the opportunity.

I believe a club needs 30-35 players ready to play senior footy.
Ellard proved to me tonite he was capable of playing senior football.

99% of fit midfielders running around in the vfl, wafl or sanfl could have done what ellard did tonight.

Dont get to carried away his performance.

Having said that he did stick to his task all game and nullified priddis.

99% of fit midfielders running around in the vfl, wafl or sanfl could have done what ellard did tonight.

Dont get to carried away his performance.

Having said that he did stick to his task all game and nullified priddis.

Agreed, Priddis would be one of the easist players to tag.

Who will Ellard tag next week? Didak,Swan,Pendles.

I would say out of those 3 Pendles would be the only one he could tag with some success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was as nervous as a shithouse rat.....but, has a heart as big as his head (which is quite large on that small frame)

I see a role for him next week v Pies even if it's just to annoy Wellingham who's gonna try and tag Judd.

For those baking Ellard do you remember how Kade Simpson's first 3 games went?

If you can't remember he didnt get a single possession at all.

Imagine if Pagan had written him off as quickly as some of you have written off Ellard.

Give the kid a chance FFS

Don't underestimate how hard it is to tag an inside midfielder. Why do you think it's so hard to tag players like Judd and Bartel yet somebody like Didak will give up when an opponent so much as looks at him?

Ellard did a good job. He found the right balance between time in front and time behind Priddis which is the hardest thing to do against a quality clearance player.

Anyone saying Ellard was shit has no clue.

It is only his second game of AFL and he stopped the best clearance player in the league. Yes he was a bit shaky with his disposal early on but that was probably from the nerves.

What Ellard has shown is that he can be a tough inside midfielder and can tag in the midfield aswell.

Great job. Keep it up

I thought he did a pretty good job and all credit to him and Ratten, for developing his midfield side of his game. Is a very, very smart small forward but there is no place on the field for another of those so he had to develop another side to his game. Well done!:thumbsu:

Thought it was a great first hit up for the year for him. .. I'll put the disposal errors down to nerves at this point, settled and dished out a couple of handy blocks, tackles and taps in the second half. .. I especially like that he didn't scrag Priddis to nullify him. .. quite often he left a little space at the ball ups and got into a good stopping position without hindering as the ruckmen competed. ..

Played a good game on Ploddus. Probably should play him against Failurewood, but it's a bit risky. With Armfield likely out, we don't have a lot of options. My concern is his leg-speed. He's not express like AJ or Armfield. But the Pies are a pretty slow team so it might not be an issue.

:)

Solid effort for a 2nd-gamer.

I think you can forgive a few disposal errors from a 2nd-gamer when everyone else in the side's panicking and disposing poorly as well.

Effort, intensity, tackling and nullification of Priddis were up to the grade. Deserves another game (depending on match-ups) based on that match on the logic that his disposal may improve as his nerves settle.

His handball backwards along the boundary remined me just a little of that bloke who used to wear 2 who many thought was also too small and slow.

Cant believe people are bagging Ellard. It was his second game ffs! He did the job that he was assigned and his ball use should improve once he get's used to the pace of afl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back