Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

i personally always feel confident when the little tacker comes into the team. Thing with davey is you know he will always give 110%, and even if he starts off a little slow and has to spend a little time adjusting to the tempo of afl you can be sure he will adapt sooner rather than later as he just wont give up.

Thing he always impresses me with is his skills and courage in clutch situations, when you really need that goal (like last night) or someone to hit a target, he can do it most times. One of those players who rise under the pressure. That's how i see it anyway, just something i've noticed the past couple years. I'm a fan :)

this- 100%

I keep doubting him and he keeps proving me wrong. :thumbsu:

Exactly the same with me. I'm always iffy when I see him listed in the team and then he goes out and plays his guts out.:thumbsu:

He is proving his doubters wrong & I was very impressed with his game last night.

Well done to Davey & I hope he keeps hit spot next week.

He was terrific last night, it was great to see him kick some goals too. Had 25 touches and was quite efficient. As many of you have said, you know what you get from him and that's a 100% effort and commitment to the game.

Keep it up Dave!

Getting Ellard and Curnow for absolute donuts has really helped make up for the apparent McLean blunder. Although Brock was good yesterday. All of a sudden our hard nut inside midfield unit is quite decent.
i not jumping up and down about mcleans game yesterday,he still looks far too slow even at vfl level.he does go hard but i thought he went missing in the last qtr and bentick gave him a bath in the centre clearances in the last qtr.nothing will make up for the trading blunder, tapscott went at 18 fyfe went at 20 mitch duncan at 28 sam reid at 38 ben stratton at 36 kp prospect daniel talia at 13,these blunders by ratten(yes he wanted him)will haunt us for at least the next 10 years.after all the trading mistakes of yesteryear he still doesnt understand that drafting youth into the club is what is required,ill never forgive him!!9(unless he gets us #17)

Love Ellard. one of my favs after last season. Filthy he hasnt gotten a game till now. A must have for our side IMO. a bit of mungrel and grunt.

I wanted him in a couple of weeks ago. .. Goal kicking midfielder that plays his guts out. .. He was unlucky, he was burning it up pre-season then got suspended. .. Curnow came in for him and has been playing blinders ever since which made it hard for the MC to bring Davey back in. .. In obvious Ellard style he kept putting the runs on the board in the VFL until the MC had to squeeze him in. ..

With Robbo's improvement, Curnow coming in and doing his thing and of course Ellard etc being squeezed in, it's no wonder our inside midfield game has increased so much this season. Wasn't long ago the only guy truly burrowing in and getting the ball was Juddy but boy have things changed now.

It was good to see Ellard actually play with some sort of spirit, running, chasing and giving 150% while a small minority of the other blokes looked like they could be stuffed chasing or putting in the hard yards. Well done Ellard this sort of stuff will keep you in the team every week.

a few of my mates asked me why Ellard hadn't been playing, and my guess was as good as theirs so if someone could tell me why that would be great,
Great to see him play always knew he was a talent, was glad to see Joseph out there to, just a suggestion, Casboult for Henderson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a few of my mates asked me why Ellard hadn't been playing, and my guess was as good as theirs so if someone could tell me why that would be great,
Great to see him play always knew he was a talent, was glad to see Joseph out there to, just a suggestion, Casboult for Henderson?

Levi out for months with a knee.

He didn't play first round because he had been suspended and therefor his replacement was Ed Curnow, so it was Curnow's good performance that was keeping him out. That is my thought anyway.

I am loving Ellards progress.

True CFC, Casboult is injured. Out for 2 months.

Twomey2Betts, even though Judd isn't burrowing in as much I am dissapointed that he doesn't run past the packs receiving on the burst like he used to at WC. Nor are we blocking at the packs for him. I think we are wasting his talents. He can't do everything on his own.

Twomey2Betts, even though Judd isn't burrowing in as much I am dissapointed that he doesn't run past the packs receiving on the burst like he used to at WC. Nor are we blocking at the packs for him. I think we are wasting his talents. He can't do everything on his own.

Yeah I know mate, these are still things we need to work on, but at least Juddy isn't in and under as much as possibly busting himself up.

Though, to me it seems he's loping a bit at times. We know he probably lost some of his vintage burst with the groins etc but there were times during the game he looked to be struggling a bit. But that's only from what I saw on TV, he was probably just knackered after working so hard, as he does.

Yeah I know mate, these are still things we need to work on, but at least Juddy isn't in and under as much as possibly busting himself up.

Though, to me it seems he's loping a bit at times. We know he probably lost some of his vintage burst with the groins etc but there were times during the game he looked to be struggling a bit. But that's only from what I saw on TV, he was probably just knackered after working so hard, as he does.

There are several possible reasons why Judd isn't breaking away from packs like he did in his WCE days:

1. He played half his games at Subi, which is a much bigger ground than Etihad, meaning there is more open space for him to run in to.

2. He's probably lost a yard or two of pace as he has aged

3. Changes in tactics - with the introduction of full-ground presses, clusters, etc, teams are leaving less open space, especially between stoppages on the wings and the forward arcs.

4. Was a junior member of the WCE midfield, with older guys to take more of the heat/do the grunt work, as opposed to being the leader of the midfield and team at Carlton.

i not jumping up and down about mcleans game yesterday,he still looks far too slow even at vfl level.he does go hard but i thought he went missing in the last qtr and bentick gave him a bath in the centre clearances in the last qtr.nothing will make up for the trading blunder, tapscott went at 18 fyfe went at 20 mitch duncan at 28 sam reid at 38 ben stratton at 36 kp prospect daniel talia at 13,these blunders by ratten(yes he wanted him)will haunt us for at least the next 10 years.after all the trading mistakes of yesteryear he still doesnt understand that drafting youth into the club is what is required,ill never forgive him!!9(unless he gets us #17)
Please change your name to garbage_stand.

I must have watched a different Mclean in the VFL.

Picking names out of a hat using hindsight is the equivalent of using a colouring book and then calling yourself an artist.

You can't say with any surety that these players were on our radar.

Mclean is a better kick than Curnow and Ellard.

Please change your name to garbage_stand.

I must have watched a different Mclean in the VFL.

Picking names out of a hat using hindsight is the equivalent of using a colouring book and then calling yourself an artist.

You can't say with any surety that these players were on our radar.

Mclean is a better kick than Curnow and Ellard.
for goal? Ellard's missed kicks early in the game were due to dropped marks or the CFC player falling over

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back