David Hale, take a bow.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always rated him. Mathews dislikes him but is all wrong about the big guy. He has great hands is an intelligent footballer and goes when it is his turn. He was also epic two weeks ago, I thought second or third best in that game and clear second best tonight.

Wow! He really performed this week, and last. He is almost our player of the finals!

Contested marks in the first. That effort in the last. Man, he is doing great as our second ruck

Was huge on Friday big Hale.

Interesting that our three high draft pick fwds (Cyril, Roughy and Bud) got 1 goal between them whereas our fwds recruited from other AFL clubs (Hale, Gunston and Burgoyne) kicked 9 between them.

Huge huge tick for recruiting department and even more so for Hale... We knew Gunston would be good and the footy world knew about Burgoyne. But Hale was less well regarded, recruiting him was a masterstroke.

Watch out for this man tomorrow afternoon. He is our form player of the finals and is doing something VERY important in finals which is taking contested marks inside 50. He is our Brad Ottens. Smokey for norm smith. He can be the difference between winning and losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's underrated, but has been a great recruit for the club. Always puts in a solid job, and isn't fazed by the big occasion. He has stood up in both the finals this year, and had a worthy grand final last year. There have been moments this finals series where he has looked angry and hungry. Think about the other players (e.g. Roughead) who go missing in big games, and his value shoots up even more.

All hail big Hale!

Watch out for this man tomorrow afternoon. He is our form player of the finals and is doing something VERY important in finals which is taking contested marks inside 50. He is our Brad Ottens. Smokey for norm smith. He can be the difference between winning and losing.

Agreed. one of the most impressive things for me has been his delivery inside the forward 50. He's been getting good possessions about 70 m out and then hitting guys lace out on the chest. He's set up multiple goals in the first two finals from this.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Hale, take a bow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back