Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the anti-chooklotto tribunal thread, designed to demonstrate how corrupt the tribunal is

the anti-David Mackay thread is here:

please post accordingly

Last edited:
The key quote from here:

'They are applying tomorrow’s answers to today’s incident.'

Which is a huge problem. If they want to take contested ball collisions out of the game, then legislate it before the season. Making a rule after the event should not be retrospective to the event that starts this debate. And I say that this is the event that started the debate, because it is the first incident that I've seen this year, where two players have arrived simultaneously at the ball to try to win it. Other situations that I have seen have been where one player has arrived late/chosen to bump rather than contest/executed a dangerous tackle

But they are the AFL and they won't legislate something like this because they know that the battle for the contested ball is the very essence of the game and they know that the game will not survive if they legislate contested football out of the game.

And if they did think about legislating it out of the game, then they will also have to ban marking contests, because marking contests represent a contest for the ball.

What do we go to the football to see the most? For me I love the contests, whether they are on the ground or in the air, more than anything else. Take them out of the game and what would be left? Very very little.

Its much easier for the AFL to make McKay the fall guy, its easier to vilify him than it is to make rules ahead of a situation like this.

Last edited:

Watching people wrestle with their principles against their antipathy to David in itself is good fun.

Also refreshing to have a Crows "controversy" that isn't a pile on.
If we get screwed over by the AFL this time it will result in something we all want

It's the ultimate win-win

He doesn't count - he's an AFL employee !!! I have only heard a handful of journos & ex-players think he should be suspended. The majority consensus seems to be that this is not the incident for the AFL to plant the flag in the ground & definitely not changing(possibly) a key rule interpretation halfway through a season.
An earlier poster pointed out the commercial considerations versus player safety factors & this cynical fella would suggest it's 70% commercial, 30% player safety that's behind Hocking's extraordinary interference. Don't forget - Hocking is the puppet, Gil the Victorian is the puppeteer.

He doesn't count - he's an AFL employee !!! I have only heard a handful of journos & ex-players think he should be suspended. The majority consensus seems to be that this is not the incident for the AFL to plant the flag in the ground & definitely not changing(possibly) a key rule interpretation halfway through a season.
An earlier poster pointed out the commercial considerations versus player safety factors & this cynical fella would suggest it's 70% commercial, 30% player safety that's behind Hocking's extraordinary interference. Don't forget - Hocking is the puppet, Gil the Victorian is the puppeteer.
They all might as well be "AFL Employees". They know which side their bread is buttered on.

Will they open up the tribunal to the media because this is in the public interest?
Will the execution be by lethal injection (so the AFL can punish Adelaide twice), or does he get the Gill-o-tine (patent pending)?

Daisy Pearce going with maybe we can bring in a rule “deliberate contact with speed and force” 🤦‍♂️
For anyone arguing that regardless of intent Mackay should be suspended, I wonder how they’ll feel when an incident like this one leads to a suspension… which it absolutely should if Mackay goes. Sparrow has a duty of care not to jump recklessly while another player is nearby, thereby hitting him high with speed and force and leading to a concussion. He absolutely has other options available to him, such as not jumping and contesting the ball. He really should be aware that another player is in his vicinity and do nothing at all - including going for the ball - that could jeopardise his safety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we appeal the tribunal decision?
Does it then go to a proper Court with a judge with an understandings that you can't charge someone with a rule you invented after the fact.

Mackay must get off and then they can put in a new rule but as of today he played within the rules

I think the fact the St Kilda player got to the ball first (just) and was lower than Mackay with his head over the ball and then got collected with Mackays shoulder and suffered the injuries he did to his head, means in this day and age, Mackay needs to face a penalty. It was a matter of milliseconds and both players were unlucky the result turned out the way it did.

What could've Mackay done differently? Either get to the ball first or somehow judge that he wasn't going to get to the ball first and therefore not collect the St Kilda player too high. Realistically, I know at that pace it is almost impossible to do that, but Mackay's slight misjudgement caused the collision to turn out the way it did.

I'm not sure why there is so much hype around this decision. If you elect to bump, which Mackay did in order to protect himself at the last moment, and take the opposition player high and hurt him, you suffer the consequences at the tribunal. It is black and white.

I think in this case, if the player is fine, Mackay gets off, but if the player is hurt a penalty applies.

This is interesting..

View attachment 1156976
Bahahahahahah

What an absolute joke this is.

The incident is practically identical to Mackays. The only difference is Mackay's 'speed'.

As I've said all along, the AFL didn't like that Mackay was running full speed and want that declared 'reckless'.

How they can possibly clear one and send the other directly to the tribunal is beyond me.

Et
Are we surprised? If this was Geelong, or Richmond, or Collingwood we would have heard from the coach and GM. They would have made a huge fuss about it and demand that it be thrown out.
We just sit back, play nice and wait for the VFL to tell us what to say. We are one of the most gutless and spineless organisations I've ever seen.

C’mon man, we have principles!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread David Mackay PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE

Back