David Schwarz - why Lake has not signed , yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: David Schwarcz - why Lake has not signed , yet

Matt, this was my post; "Well, the successful Brisbane and Geelong players didnt follow that theory to ensure they could continue to the enjoyment of playing in a successfull TEAM. Maybe Brian should have a chat to Acker and a few Geelong players to find out why they took the team approach rather than thinking individually.

I dont see anything there that sledges Brian and suggetst trades for over-rated players. Nor is there any mention of Fevola. Maybe you should actually READ other peoples posts before firing bullets.

The intention of my post was to point out that both Brisbane and Geelong playing groups have previously agreed to lesser salaries to ensure they can all stay together to enjoy continued success. This happened because of the obvious outcomes if some players get paid far bigger contracts than the rest of the playing group.

Everybody is so sensative on Big Footy, I'm used to bringing out the gun at the pub & sticking up for the dogs against all the bombers, blues & pies muppets. We need to toughen up as dogs supporters & bite back as everybody loves giving us a kick.

Agree with what your saying, but you don't know what Brian is saying & he could be just waiting for the club to squeeze everybody under the cap.

He's our most important player & deserves the big money. All the vetran's are going to play for peanuts as they are only after a flag & have earnt the big bucks over their career. I read Aker is going to play for $230,000. He played like a $400,000 player last year.

Lake is hanging out for more cash. I don't blame him either. Loyalty is bullsh1t in footy these days. You should pay a player what he is worth and Lake is worth paying for. This is Lake's big contract pay day. He won't get another chance in his life to make this sort of money.
I heard reports that Hawthorn are willing to pay Burgoyne $450K a year and we are talking similar money or less for Lake. Lake is twice as important as a player of Burgoyne's ilk.
What is Scarlett getting paid? - Lake is as good if not better than Scarlett
Pay the man what he is worth I say.

Guess its not BS at Geelong - or when Granty was lured by Port. Ask Johnno if it's BS.

ok, i look at it like this, Club has offered coin and 4 years. If he was happy with coin and 4 years, he would have signed ages ago and all the nitty gritty about when and how to pay him could have been worked out later.

Theres more to it.

Thats my opinion

My criticism Fred, is that Brian gave the club an indication he was happy with an offer put to him, but had a change of mind & has asked for extra $$$$.

Don't mind him getting the best deal he can for himself, but when you give your word & go back on it, that's where I have concerns. Call me old fashioned, but I believe that your word's your word.

TCD, I do understand your point and see it's validity.

I am being critical of those on this site who do not seem to understand the value and consequences of this contract to Brian. We're all huge fans of the club, and him, but, there is much more to life.

I believe there has been far too much criticism of him for taking due consideration of his position. Too many people (definately not including yourself) are showing a huge amount of disloyalty to him, so how can they bleat on about him being loyal to the club?

I see a thread coming on tomorrow after he signs, with an enormous amount of backpeddaling.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Schwarz - why Lake has not signed , yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back