Dawes has to go, enough is enough is enough!!

Remove this Banner Ad

So you say keep the underperforming one you didn't like anyway in Dawes against White who played the fwd/ruck role better, came cheaper and who has had a better 2014 and also say goodbye to Broomhead who we got in the Dawes trade? Sounds pretty good.

Hine must be shitting his pants.

Do you know how much the club is paying Jesse White? 500k a season.

How much are we paying Clinton Young? 500k a season.

Could've drafted a rookie and bought a million dollar player. Those two spuds are killing us. So when you say we got X player for nothing you're kidding yourself!

Last edited:

Could've drafted a rookie and bought a million dollar player. Those two spuds are killing us. So when you say we got X player for nothing you're kidding yourself!

Source on those salary figures? Or did you pull them out of the proverbial?

Congrats on pulling those figures out of your arse.
Young is on $300-350k. We offered him the same sort of coin as the Hawks, but got him over the line by offering a 3 year deal instead of 2 years.
White is most certainly not on that sort of coin either. We aren't Melbourne, and we don't offer $500k contracts to fringe players.

Stop making up shit to try and support your already weak arguments.

Forget Dawes The one we let get away was ceglar. That was a tragic error.

1. I didnt see anybody making those claims at the time
2. The one bright spot in our list is ruck. Ceglar would not have got much game time for Collingwood this year, and if he did it woudl have been to the detriment of the development of Witts and Grundy

I can't figure out the lack of love for Dawes here. Still happy we picked up Broomhead who's going to be a great player for us, but we need a CHF to replace Dawes and White ain't that player. If we get Clark that will solve the problem at CHF and deliver us a player who can cover in the ruck as well. If we don't get Clark but recruit Moore that will give us a developing CHF who will in time hopefully turn out better than either Dawes or Clark. Either way, 2015 is starting to look a lot brighter than 2014.

You don't want to believe it either but that what was reported at the time of this trade. Not just him Young too!

Can you prove Cloke is on 800k a year or Buddy is 1 million a year? It's what is reported at the time of the trades.

I assume you have links to those reports which you will be happy to supply so that I can apologise for doubting you??

Or you could just be making stuff up. Will leave it with you to decide.

tumblr_m81fkodnn41rcngc0o1_500.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't want to believe it either but that what was reported at the time of this trade. Not just him Young too!

Can you prove Cloke is on 800k a year or Buddy is 1 million a year? It's what is reported at the time of the trades.
Hawks got pick 66 as compensation for Young. The pick is based on age, new contract and new contract benefits, and of course Hawthorn's ladder position pushes them down in the picking order. But $500K doesn't sound like the sort of deal that would be compensated by pick 66 does it?

Out a freak Carman in a freak Daicos 3 years apart.
Out a freak Daicos in a freak Didak 9 years apart.
Out a premiership ruck Monkhurst in a premiership ruckman Jolley 11 years apart.

these examples go on and on throughout the history of all clubs.

Very hard to replace like for like immediately. Thing is, the pies will learn from every attempt they make to put the team back on top. Lynch, White or who ever it doesn't matter it may take some time or it may manifest its self with what is already there, How many geniuses' wrote off Leigh Brown back in 2009 and first half of 2010.

Full confidence that the pies will reload quickly and be back on top, The list is good shape the right picks in the next 2 drafts the pies will be where they belong.

I'm sure someone can find in depth salary reports on every player on our list.

Until such time it might be wise not to post a made up figure. God forbid but people may start to question your credibility.

I'm sure someone can find in depth salary reports on every player on our list.

I'm sure someone can. But that wasn't what I asked. I asked if you were going to provide these media reports that you say were around and which said Young and White were on $500K. You can't because they don't exist and you know that.

I'm sure someone can. But that wasn't what I asked. I asked if you were going to provide these media reports that you say were around and which said Young and White were on $500K. You can't because they don't exist and you know that.
More like where are you going to provide them since you seem 100% sure he's not on that much!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes has to go, enough is enough is enough!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back