Dawes V Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

I just had a heated conversation with a co-worker regarding Chris Dawes & Josh Fraser.

He is convinced that Chris Dawes needs to be dropped & Fraser to come into the side because of these reasons:

1. Better mark - contested & uncontested
2. more reliable kick for goal
3. Will kick more goals.

I argue that Dawes is better at all of these points, plus he can jump, chase & tackle.

The basis of his arguement was around the fact that Collingwood have made many finals while Fraser was rucking solo & that Fraser has been loyal to the club & that he could have gone to another club many times throughout his career.

What does everyone think?
i think your co-worker is an idiot:rolleyes:

In my opinion the question shoudl be Presti v Fraser.

I've been racking my brain to work out how to fit Fraser in the side and have come to the conclusion that this is the only way it can happen.

Fraser cant come in for Dawes. Thats simply an outrageous suggestion to bring in a bloke with dubious fitness and who has never played as a forward to replace our young version of Rocca. Dawes contested marking provides a great avenue to goal for Collingwood and a foil for Cloke.

Fraser obviously cant come in for Cloke or Jolly.

Fraser cant come in for Leigh Brown. Brown is simply playing too well.

But Brown in conjunction with Goldsack CAN cover for Presti if we left him out of the side. This would allow Collingwood to revert to two traditional rucks, with Reid/Goldsack/Maxwell/L Brown/N Brown/O'Brien covering the key defensive posts, depending on matchups and form.

Not saying it will happen - but for Fraser to be selected I reckon this is our only option.

One the other hand, maybe the post above explains it better. The op's co-worker is an idiot.

In my opinion the question shoudl be Presti v Fraser.

I think you're dipping from the same pool of wisdom as the OP's mate.

Seriously the only position in the current side that Fraser could realistically fill is that of Leigh Browns. Which isn't gonna happen, to put it simplistically, because Leigh Brown is better.

Presti is simply not going to be dropped.

I know when I watch the finals I'd want to see Fraser lining up on Riewoldt.

I agree, but technically it will need to be more than one player making way. Corrie's Paddock works best with about 14 on the field. Swan, Didak, Pendlebury and Jolly would be the four most likely to miss imo. Old Spice would be able to expand more on Corrie's Paddock.

Only really need seven in defence, a ruckman and Corrie. Jolly taps to Corrie who then runs into goal and converts. This will happen 35 times a game and is the essence of Corrie's Paddock.

The whole thing is turned around when Josh comes in. Only need Corrie or Fraser - the fields not big enough for both these beasties.

Only really need seven in defence, a ruckman and Corrie. Jolly taps to Corrie who then runs into goal and converts. This will happen 35 times a game and is the essence of Corrie's Paddock.

The whole thing is turned around when Josh comes in. Only need Corrie or Fraser - the fields not big enough for both these beasties.

MODS - please remove this post
Opposition coaches have been known to trawl the forums, they are a chance to be in closed training sessions as we speak to develop a counter-attack to Corrie's Paddock. This was supposed to be our secret weapon!

I'm not a Chris Dawes fan, but Fraser has done **** all this season and i think he is past it, and in this day and age of professional footy if your not fit or in the best 22 then you miss 200 games, so what.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes V Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back