Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

They could be in the lead by stumps tonight, which means even if we roll them on day 5 we will have to chase a total.

that's the reason i didn't agree with the declaration timing, if you think you need 7-8 sessions to bowl somebody out then surely you need more than 450 runs to defend?

If we end up having to chase 150 on the last day those are runs we could have made much quicker and easier on day 3.

If we can't get them out they'll declare at some point and try to put us under pressure chasing 150 - 200. It's why I thought the declaration was too early

Assuming no rain delays

lol do you really expect India to add another 400+ runs, that will take some serious batting.

They could be in the lead by stumps tonight, which means even if we roll them on day 5 we will have to chase a total.

that's the reason i didn't agree with the declaration timing, if you think you need 7-8 sessions to bowl somebody out then surely you need more than 450 runs to defend?

If we end up having to chase 150 on the last day those are runs we could have made much quicker and easier on day 3.

Then again if it rains for a couple of hours, we'd be angry that he didnt declare earlier. I guess it will all play out over the next 5 sessions.

Lets hope Billy has a chat to the quicks at lunch to sort out their line and length, especially to Saching

lol do you really expect India to add another 400+ runs, that will take some serious batting.

On this pitch it's certainly a possibility they could add 350-400 more, i mean why couldn't they?

We got bowled out for 47 and by the kiwis not long ago and yet we made 4/650, is it that crazy that a team which has a history of huge totals could make a huge total on a dead track?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On this pitch it's certainly a possibility they could add 350-400 more, i mean why couldn't they?

We got bowled out for 47 and by the kiwis not long ago and yet we made 4/650, is it that crazy that a team which has a history of huge totals could make a huge total on a dead track?

Not too crazy at all

Yeah India could bat out 4 more sessions, but on the contrary it only takes one wicket to change the game, if we can snag one of these 2, then its possible we can rip through the softer end of the batting reasonably quickly.

What about 5?

Even though he's been ineffective against the top order, I'd expect Lyon to rip through the tail if the ball keeps turning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back