Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

The most important thing we have learned today is that 15% of the people using the Vodaphone Viewer Verdict are trolling.

All those saying Lyon is a hack have no idea. He's playing in his 9th test - still plenty to learn.

He's also playing against the best players of spin in the world - what was Warne's average against them? That's right, 47.18

Having said that, it wouldn't be the worst thing for Lyon to be rested for Perth. Hopefully it plays fast - bring in Harris. Get Lyon back for Adelaide if the pitch looks like it'll take spin.

He's our long term spinner.

This X 1000 :thumbsu:

India were top of the tree 6 months ago and have been belted since.

Australia's batting has been iffy, but Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar are all 47 years old and occupy 3,4 & 5. Who's next once they've gone?

Reckon they are in a bit of strife.

Tiwary, Rohit Sharma and Pujara will probably come in and they are very, very talented young batsmen. I India's batting will be fine it's their bowling that is a worry.

The lead is less than 100 now. Might give Warner and Cowan a chance to pad their early averages a bit.

R Ashwin

puppy11.jpg

or

Harbajan

cobra1.jpg

I'm a fan of Lyon and think they should persist with him but I don't see why Clarke is bowling him right now. Even if he does get Sharma out it won't boost his confidence and Siddle or Pattinson would be more dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have a problem with criticising team selection. Everyone does it. I thought picking Starc for the tests against NZ was terrible, but I still supported the team despite that. I have a problem with someone hating the Australian cricket team and actively supporting the opposition because in the past they haven't selected the exact team you wanted (i.e. Xtreme).

There's a lot more to it than just the selectors not selecting the side i wanted. The foundation of it began many years earlier.

In years past i have also seen it as supporting the underdog, i like to fly the flag for whichever team Australia is playing against.

Greg Chappell tried that, didn't end well. :)

Greg Chappell had interesting ideas but had a shit way of implementing them. He has zero man management skills. I have heard he spoiled one of your domestic teams too. So its not just India even though India has the rare ability to destroy itself. Good part of his tenure was that Ganguly got the message. FINALLY! Otherwise we would have brought to Australia four oldies instead of three.

In years past i have also seen it as supporting the underdog, i like to fly the flag for whichever team Australia is playing against.

I think people just like to be different for the sake of it to be honest.

Guessed that. Do you support the underdog against Hawthorn as well? :rolleyes:

Tiwary, Rohit Sharma and Pujara will probably come in and they are very, very talented young batsmen. I India's batting will be fine it's their bowling that is a worry.

The Indian team is hard to get into, and seemingly very hard to get out of it seems

They only have a billion people to choose from as well

Anyway Australia is lucky they dont have a competition against China for Cricket, China would probably buy out Australia with 1% of their GDP

made_in_China.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back