Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was a really pleasing partnership, both looking really good but Clarke even more so.

I expected one of Warner, Cowan or Marsh to get a score. That was pretty disappointing from the new guys.

Marsh's last 4 innings have been single figure scores..

Well in that position at least he won't be 5/18 when he throws his wicket away.

er your NSW state membership just got revoked for not making an adequate defence of Haddin as a test batsman irrespective of form or performance.

Heck I was out there defending Bryce McBain

mcbain.jpg

Funny even with Punters lack of tons you feel a lot safer with him at the crease than Warner, Haddin or Marsh. Hypothetical here seeing as he won't be playing but if Watto had been fit who do you think would of been dropped for the WACA game? Marsh, Cowan or Warner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a really pleasing partnership, both looking really good but Clarke even more so.

I expected one of Warner, Cowan or Marsh to get a score. That was pretty disappointing from the new guys.

Marsh's last 4 innings have been single figure scores..
Pretty much my view on our batting as well. Would have loved for Warner to just stick around and even only make 40 odd or something, and for Marsh to pass single digits..

Marsh is another one who started in a blaze of glory petering out into a sawdust in his last few innings.

It would seem to be a race between him and Warner for the Hughes memorial trophy.

Funny even with Punters lack of tons you feel a lot safer with him at the crease than Warner, Haddin or Marsh. Hypothetical here seeing as he won't be playing but if Watto had been fit who do you think would of been dropped for the WACA game? Marsh, Cowan or Warner?
I reckon Marsh would have. The selectors know he just needs time in the middle at a lower level, but given our injuries, they don't have much choice other than to play him hopefully into form.

Great partnership and great day overall. 3/116 isn't an overly commanding score but you'd take at 2/8 without hesitation.

Would love nothing more than a Ricky P ton tomorrow. I had him penciled in for retirement after South Africa but he has looked the most assured of all batsmen this summer just about.

Barring a big score by Marsh in the second dig, it wouldn't surprise me if Watson came back in as his replacement. No interest in seeing Khawaja get another crack, especially if Watson can't bowl?

Great effort by the quicks today, really liking the look of our bowling stocks ATM.

I reckon Marsh would have. The selectors know he just needs time in the middle at a lower level, but given our injuries, they don't have much choice other than to play him hopefully into form.

He certainly deserves to be the one imo. Would think with the home test though he could make a pair and they still would leave him in. Warner very lucky he has the Hobart knock but that can only take him so far. Really I doubt besides a change for Watto if he gets fit at all we will be stuck with this batting lineup. Beyond belief there is no shield games on for selectors to see form when the most important series of the summer is on. I guess we could go on t20 form and bring Travis Birt in, seems to be all the rage at the moment.

He certainly deserves to be the one imo. Would think with the home test though he could make a pair and they still would leave him in. Warner very lucky he has the Hobart knock but that can only take him so far. Really I doubt besides a change for Watto if he gets fit at all we will be stuck with this batting lineup. Beyond belief there is no shield games on for selectors to see form when the most important series of the summer is on. I guess we could go on t20 form and bring Travis Birt in, seems to be all the rage at the moment.

Chris Gayle seems to be hitting them well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back